18 hours ago, xxialac said:

Can't remember any more. VW would seem a sensible guess. Los Planetas look nailed on as one (of the three?)

Jungle would make the most sense to me.

VW far too big surely.  They would be headliners.

3 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

VW far too big surely.  They would be headliners.

Nah, they'd be a sub. They are headlining EOTR - acts the size of Father John Misty and Band of Horses headline there.

• Downvote 1

New Chvrches album is out. Sounds good at first listen.

For me the Nick Cave-Vince Staples-Chverches clash is the hardest (with fever ray too there...)

Lykke Li has played some new songs and her warm up. Sounded pretty decent.

Will be interesting to see the reviews for Bjork this Sunday.

• Downvote 1

Full map has been released

The Hidden is probably another iteration of that Arcade Fire 360 stage, while the Casa Primavera VIP includes another stage. That's probably this year's Backstage.

Ever since last June, according to the Prima website, the VIP Full festival ticket includes:

·Access to Backstage Parties in a new VIP area with a pool, exclusive bar and restaurant service

Looks like we're getting all of those.

PS18mapa1.png

14 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

Animal collectives doing sung tongs? Makes sense with the tour coming up - also a few hours before Panda Bear set

fits alphabetically onto the poster too, and is about the right size. I'd say you're correct!

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

fits alphabetically onto the poster too, and is about the right size. I'd say you're correct!

I agree, great call

The map looks good, showers and lockers by the beach area for anyone who fancies a dip. Assuming the lockers don't get monopolised on the first day that'll be handy for shoving a hoodie into to pick up later in the dancey area when it gets cold in the early morning.

1645889325_ScreenShot2018-05-25at10_37_45.png.cbf7d9b850feb2367bcb6f90b233e8c9.png

It took me a second to realise this was a drinking fountain icon, not a 'person being sick into a bin' icon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Btw, the Wednesday night stuff at the Apolo, I'm guessing to go to those you'll need to have gone to the Forum earlier in the day to get your wristbands? They wouldn't bother having a second ticket exchange at the city venues, would they?

8 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

Btw, the Wednesday night stuff at the Apolo, I'm guessing to go to those you'll need to have gone to the Forum earlier in the day to get your wristbands? They wouldn't bother having a second ticket exchange at the city venues, would they?

You can print the ticket at home and go in with it on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but they will obviously have to scan it at the entrance. This year we can get our wristbands at the Apolo on Monday/Tueday:

APOLO (Nou de la Rambla, 111)
Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th May from 12pm to 10pm

PARC DEL FÒRUM
Wednesday 30th May from 12pm to 11pm
Thursday 31st, Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd June from 11am to 2.30am

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Orens said:

You can print the ticket at home and go in with it on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but they will obviously have to scan it at the entrance. This year we can get our wristbands at the Apolo on Monday/Tueday:

Ah I've just seen the email from Redtkt answering my exact question! Thanks Orens :)

To get into the Primavera als Clubs showcases on Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th May and Wednesday 30th May it is not necessary to have your ticket for the wristband and the festival access card exchanged beforehand, you only have to show the full festival ticket or print at home. However, we highly recommend exchanging your tickets before the concerts to facilitate access to the corresponding venues.

Access to the Primavera als Clubs programme is subject to the capacity of each venue and only full festival ticket holders will be admitted.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, xxialac said:

Can't remember any more. VW would seem a sensible guess. Los Planetas look nailed on as one (of the three?)

Jungle would make the most sense to me.

Wow I would kill for a Jungle set. Wonder what the chances are. 

Do we think it'd be possible to catch part of Starcrawler on the Primavera stage and then the rest of Maria Arnal i Marcel Bages in the Auditori on Wed? In other words, assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers? I don't know how this works

Edited by Friend Chicken

11 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

Do we think it'd be possible to catch part of Starcrawler on the Primavera stage and then the rest of Maria Arnal i Marcel Bages in the Auditori on Wed? In other words, assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers? I don't know how this works

I'm not highly experienced with Auditori concerts, but I don't think so. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Friend Chicken said:

assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers

Yes, no problem, you can come and go as you like at the Auditori. However you typically do not walk in front of seated audience in the midst of songs, but wait to the small breaks between the songs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

It took me a second to realise this was a drinking fountain icon, not a 'person being sick into a bin' icon

This is my favourite Primavera illustration, it always gets me in a good mood

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 20.32.11.png

5eur or 5.50eur ish. I buy a few... But i just sneak in miniatures from the shop across the road for my bulk 😃  Also between bands...nip outside for 1eur beers from the lovely hawkers outside :)

What's the best tips for smuggling booze? I'm used to a pretty strict security routine on a daily basis, so never tried smuggling to Primavera.

52 minutes ago, StephenF said:

5eur or 5.50eur ish. I buy a few... But i just sneak in miniatures from the shop across the road for my bulk 😃  Also between bands...nip outside for 1eur beers from the lovely hawkers outside :)

Where about's is said shop, across from the main entrance? (I've not been before)

28 minutes ago, Orens said:

What's the best tips for smuggling booze? I'm used to a pretty strict security routine on a daily basis, so never tried smuggling to Primavera.

Spirits are so easy to smuggle in - just putting a hipflask on you somewhere. I'd love to hear if anyone has ever gotten cans of beer in!

There are two shops right near by. If you come out the forum and cross the road to the right there are two shops on either side of the first block of flats. I just put miniatures' in my waste band, in my crotch and I've taped a bottle of rum to my thigh!

Yeah I took 3 cans of beer in with me once. Bought them from a sketchy bloke outside because the shop stops selling drink at a certain time.

I tied a hoodie round my neck, had one in its hood, one in one of the pockets and one in my crotch. Had a bit of a pat down as well and they didn't find them, kept my bollys nice and cool as well.

From my experience the security seems to get more strict throughout the day (only left the site a couple of times but normally they're tougher later on) and also seems to get ramped up day by day