5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think it was just Arcade Fire, Mogwai and Haim last year. The first two were on early evening, about 7/8 and Haim were on pretty late on the Saturday night. I wasn't aware of the Arcade Fire one until I was on site but I think it was announced an hour or two before it happened, Mogwai and Haim seemed to be pretty well known, I certainly knew about them before going to the festival each day but I'm not sure when they were officially confirmed. 

okay thanks. How were they announced, social media?

5 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

okay thanks. How were they announced, social media?

Yes and on the App. Arcade Fire was ridiculously short notice.

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yes and on the App. Arcade Fire was ridiculously short notice.

cool thanks man, I'll be sure to download the app. We're expecting set-times in the next week or two yeah? I seem to remember Pitchfork tend to announce who's playing their stage first

Edited by rhg_99

There's quite a few artists doing All Points East who could potentially do Unexpected with the exception of maybe Courtney Barnett (her UK dates probably rule her out) 

I have no idea if he's free but Beck seems an obvious one, maybe Phoenix too.

20 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I have no idea if he's free but Beck seems an obvious one, maybe Phoenix too.

Phoenix at Vida I think, Beck seems to have been ruled out by Gabi (some kind of falling out).

Maybe Jungle Brothers though who have been suggested on here a few times are still on for this - appear to be free and tie in with the old school hip hoppers theme mentioned by Gabi.

14 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Speculating too much maybe takes the fun out it a little but I was thinking maybe the Yeah Yeah Yeahs or St Vincent

Both ruled out I'm afraid.

50 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Both ruled out I'm afraid.

St. Vincent was ruled out because her show in Vida less than a month later near Barcelona.

Now, while this is a valid reason not to put her on the bill in the first place, I think adding her as unexpected will not hurt Vida- most tickets will be sold by then, and good reviews can help sell more.

It also works out for dates- she has nothing for about a week before APE on the third.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think it can happen

6 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

St. Vincent was ruled out because her show in Vida less than a month later near Barcelona.

Now, while this is a valid reason not to put her on the bill in the first place, I think adding her as unexpected will not hurt Vida- most tickets will be sold by then, and good reviews can help sell more.

It also works out for dates- she has nothing for about a week before APE on the third.

Might be wishful thinking, but I think it can happen

I hear your logic. The trouble is there's no precedent to make it think it could happen. And it still feels potentially damaging to Vida and less of a great booking for Primavera with her playing the same site very shortly afterwards.

I don't expect stage times for another couple of weeks.

re Unexpected/unchained/whatever, how about Belly? 26 May festival date in US then a UK tour starting 9 June.

8 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Do we think we'll get set times this week then? That would ease the pain of this particular Monday

The fact we haven't even got the Pitchfork stage names suggests they are a bit behind schedule this year. I'd guess set times now more like second week of May.

Belly is a great call! 

Twitter page replied to someone saying times are usually one month before the festival.  Suppose all we can conclude if the social media guys haven't been given a date yet 

2 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Twitter page replied to someone saying times are usually one month before the festival.  Suppose all we can conclude if the social media guys haven't been given a date yet 

Horarios release dates:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

How does the Hidden stage work? Just like all the other stages?

Oh no. Capacity is very limited (capacity 700. Two gigs per day (5pm, 7.30pm) but you have to queue up to get a ticket when festival opens each day at 4pm or whatever. This is how it has worked in previous years anyway. Worth making the effort if there's someone you like playing.

• Upvote 1

Very pleased with this addition, good to know I won’t be the only miserable Scottish person there!

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Very pleased with this addition, good to know I won’t be the only miserable Scottish person there!

Yeah it's a shame about Alex Lahey (I liked what I heard from her) but The Twilight Sad are a great addition. 

I like aot Alex Lahey but she's having an intense US/Canada west coast tour during Primavera.

Performing Tuesday in Portland, Wednesday in Vancouver, Thursday in Barcelona, Saturday in San Diego and Sunday in Phoenix isn't ideal, to say the least.

Unless I'm misreading it, it seems like they have abandoned indie gigs on the Friday and Saturday afternoons i.e. bands playing the Forum who double up elsewhere as they have had for years and years.

Plus no auditori del forum on Friday and Saturday.

For all the good points of this year, both of these feel like downgrades.

Really can't wait to see Jon Hopkins live again, loving what I've heard so far from the new record