10 hours ago, xxialac said:

So who have we got on the unexpectedprimavera list in the end?

I would say base on their apparent availability:

- Rodriguez (or could be Hidden)

-Spoon

-Nicolas Jaar

Not been for a few years, how does unexpected and hidden work? I assumed from the patter they were one and the same.

Exciting for Fri and Sat, massively daunting anyone else might play Thursday!

Unexpected - Last year about 3 or 4 new bands including Mogwai and Haim played unexpected plus Arcade Fire played a second show plus a few bands played intimate shows.

Hidden - every year about 6 bands get added to the bill a couple of weeks before. Play quite a small ticketed stage.

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Unexpected - Last year about 3 or 4 new bands including Mogwai and Haim played unexpected plus Arcade Fire played a second show plus a few bands played intimate shows.

Hidden - every year about 6 bands get added to the bill a couple of weeks before. Play quite a small ticketed stage.

I really wanted to see The Radio Dept. on hidden last year. But couldn't seem to get a ticket. 

Just how small is that stage? Haha

So the unexpected were added once the festival  started, in spaces left in the clashfinder?

Or already there as pseudonyms?

Interesting idea. Like people have alluded to, bit of a ballache checking phone and the like for info.

17 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Maybe My Bloody Valentine for Unexpected? Playing at Roskilde this year.

Didn't realise they'd been added. 

With Roskilde taking place in June, the odds must have fallen a lot.

Would be a fantastic addition!

• Downvote 1

Still hoping for the likes of The Charlatans, Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage or REM to make an unexpected appearance.

20 hours ago, D-Low said:

Does anyone ever have a crack at updating the Clashfinder like Glastonbury in the run up? I'm too impatient to start planning and like the function of clicking/highlighting the acts I want to see in a visual planner.

Did you download the Primavera App? You can already "star" your favourite artists, but of course there's no timetable yet. Maybe eases your impatience nevertheless. ;)

2 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Can someone work on a clashfinder as a prediction?

I can hardly think of something more utterly pointless as all the clashes will be wrong (and potentially giving people hope that their favourite bands aren't clashing when they are). If you want to get a sense of how the fest is put together, just look at last year's clashfinder.

Will be very weird (and a little disappointing) not having a 'classic album played in full' this year.

Maybe one of the surprises?

30 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Can someone work on a clashfinder as a prediction?

As @xxialac said its actually impossible. Without knowing who is on which stage it can't even be guessed at. 

Even with stages would be hard to fathom exactly what time someone like Chvrches or Deeehunter would play.

Good news is its usually April so not ages until we're dealing in fact.

• Like 1

Timetable release dates IIRC

2017: May 5th

2016: May 13th

2015: May 6th

2014: April 29th

Edited by Orens
  • Upvote 2

On 02/03/2018 at 6:30 PM, Steph U said:

Did you download the Primavera App? You can already "star" your favourite artists, but of course there's no timetable yet. Maybe eases your impatience nevertheless. ;)

Thanks didn't realise there was an app! :) Will definitely help my impatience.

Reading those Kevin Shields quotes about new ideas on the live show makes me think they are gonna be an unexpected set.  Seems an ideal way to road test stuff. Only issue I see is he must take so long setting up and whatever how will they go about it.

They headlined though could they be too big?

15 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Reading those Kevin Shields quotes about new ideas on the live show makes me think they are gonna be an unexpected set.  Seems an ideal way to road test stuff. Only issue I see is he must take so long setting up and whatever how will they go about it.

They headlined though could they be too big?

I'd say they are not too big and are prime candidates now for the Unexpected Slot maybe on the last night to end the fest. Sure they will have enough time to set up and if they start a bit late, so be it!

Sorry if this has been answered already. I've brought my full festival E-ticket from Redtkt but can no longer afford to make the trip, Is it possible to sell the ticket? at face value of course

Thanks!