Primavera 2018

Runnerups

20 hours ago, D-Low said:

Does anyone ever have a crack at updating the Clashfinder like Glastonbury in the run up? I'm too impatient to start planning and like the function of clicking/highlighting the acts I want to see in a visual planner.

Did you download the Primavera App? You can already "star" your favourite artists, but of course there's no timetable yet. Maybe eases your impatience nevertheless. ;)

2 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Can someone work on a clashfinder as a prediction?

I can hardly think of something more utterly pointless as all the clashes will be wrong (and potentially giving people hope that their favourite bands aren't clashing when they are). If you want to get a sense of how the fest is put together, just look at last year's clashfinder.

30 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

Can someone work on a clashfinder as a prediction?

As @xxialac said its actually impossible. Without knowing who is on which stage it can't even be guessed at. 

Even with stages would be hard to fathom exactly what time someone like Chvrches or Deeehunter would play.

Good news is its usually April so not ages until we're dealing in fact.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 6:30 PM, Steph U said:

Did you download the Primavera App? You can already "star" your favourite artists, but of course there's no timetable yet. Maybe eases your impatience nevertheless. ;)

Thanks didn't realise there was an app! :) Will definitely help my impatience.

Reading those Kevin Shields quotes about new ideas on the live show makes me think they are gonna be an unexpected set.  Seems an ideal way to road test stuff. Only issue I see is he must take so long setting up and whatever how will they go about it.

They headlined though could they be too big?

15 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Reading those Kevin Shields quotes about new ideas on the live show makes me think they are gonna be an unexpected set.  Seems an ideal way to road test stuff. Only issue I see is he must take so long setting up and whatever how will they go about it.

They headlined though could they be too big?

I'd say they are not too big and are prime candidates now for the Unexpected Slot maybe on the last night to end the fest. Sure they will have enough time to set up and if they start a bit late, so be it!

17 minutes ago, tjrant said:

Is there going to be a second line-up announcement? Cannot remember if there was one last year?

Is it greedy to want even more great bands to play?

I doubt it. 

Perhaps a one-off name, possibly two to be casually added in the next month (replacing people who cancel).

Then a dozen new bands to play across Unexpected and Hidden announced last minute.

1 hour ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Can anybody clear up how tickets for spiritualized on Wed are working. Is it for festival ticket holders only. 

My understanding is that only Monday and Tuesday are open to the general public. There’s a seating capacity of approximately 3,200, with some seats being reserved for VIP. This show was one of the big selling points of the whole fest for me. 

Still haven’t heard if there will be any advanced reservations or if everything will be day of.

Edited by ThisIsHappening