Primavera 2018

Runnerups

was having a lie down and reading a book during mogwai - on the grassy hill with plenty of space so not in anyone’s way. couple of songs in, i had a girl walk over to me and demand to know why i was reading and not watching the band. utterly bemusing. i mean, i’m the first to get pissed off when people are chatting away or otherwise bringing the vibe down in a set but it was mogwai? and quiet reading?  like ffs, i have enough problems with anxiety/agoraphobia without having to apologise for harmless coping methods lol

anyways charlotte gainsbourg was v sweet and good; managed to catch the end of mike d’s set and was buzzed b/c it’s as close as i’m gonna get to ever seeing the beasties live; chromeo were great and charming and my pals and i had a lovely dance

1 hour ago, rzwodezwo said:

Someone in our extended group has apparently met someone who has a picture with Frank Ocean at Barcelona Airport. Not thinking that anything’s going go down, but didn’t want to leave you guys in the dark anyway. 

Now, I'm not saying this is true, but if it were, it would be a big unexpected show. Hence why the no show of it for the rest of the fest. Maybe blew all the budget? 

Might overshadow the Migos mix up haha

Jonsi's side project Liminal Soundbath was the highlight for me yesterday. They are playing again today. I think Los Planetas was the unexpected act but this may have gotten lost in the shuffle with the Migos cancellation. I only hung around to see them for a couple of songs but the attendance was quite sparse considering the typical zoo around Mordor.

Lots to be excited about today. Car Seat Headrest, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Slowdive, Grizzly Bear, Arctic Monkeys, Jon Hopkins, The Blaze... 

Can't imagine I can fit anything else in on top of that but tips are welcome as always. 

Gutted that Jonsi's project clashes with some of that - can you just wander in and out of the warehouse or is it a case of sticking it out once you're in there? Could skip RBCF to take a look. 

10 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Lots to be excited about today. Car Seat Headrest, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Slowdive, Grizzly Bear, Arctic Monkeys, Jon Hopkins, The Blaze... 

Can't imagine I can fit anything else in on top of that but tips are welcome as always. 

Gutted that Jonsi's project clashes with some of that - can you just wander in and out of the warehouse or is it a case of sticking it out once you're in there? Could skip RBCF to take a look. 

Almost exactly my route, except for perhaps Lykke Li instead of Slowdive, and obviously DJ Coco. 

26 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

It appeared people were popping in and out during the performance. If you don't want to stay for the whole thing, I would suggest going for the last hour.

• Upvote 1

All the acts I have seen this year have been great (even Starcrawler and Cigarettes After Sex). It feels unfair to single one performance out at the moment. Such a depth of variety and quality.

Have great hopes of Lorde later tho. 

16 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Went yesterday for stranger things and wasn't full. So should get in no bother and never started on time. Didn't let us in till 2 o'clock. 

Yeah, but today is the last day so I'd suggest not to show up too late