Primavera 2018

Runnerups

30 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

So it looks like no Unexpected this year? Or did I miss anything? Kept checking yesterday and heard nothing. Not necessarily a bad thing to not have it - loads to do anyway - but they did say it would be there and would be big so was just wondering... 

Anyway, yesterday was great. Hinds, the War on Drugs and Rostam were all brilliant and Nick Cave is up there with the best I've ever seen. 

Also much easier to get around and to the toilet/bar than the previous night!! 

Looking forward to the National later. Also thinking Daphni, Confidence Man and the Black Madonna. Anyone have any other recommendations/must sees? Taste is broad so happy to check out anything once it's not a clash! 

Definitely ConMan! 

I'm doing the green ones, trying to avoid the massive Mordor acts as much as I can.

Screenshot_20180601-104126_Chrome.jpg

32 minutes ago, Runnerups said:

Anyone else at the Auditori? Looking forward to it!

Does anybody know how the Auditori De Barcelona (carrer Lepant) works? There is a ticket? What is the suggested time for showing up? I am going tomorrow 

Edited by Albinoss

big fan of them adding padding to the bleachers seats in mordor. i’m having to take it easy this year (as you might ascertain from my previous posts haha) and being able to have a comfy sit down (or lie down when it’s emptier) made last night a lot more tolerable!

just hope they sort out some kind of cheapo hand sanitiser situation for the loos that arent in the food hall

Edited by badsandwich

So the Unexpected this year is that there is no Unexpected? 

What was all that 'The End' about in the video then?

Also no Auditori next two days and no Rayban Unplugged and no afternoon gigs with mid-size bands repeating (other than Sunday) and no Casa Teva.

More being given to dance this year but seemingly it's at the expense of other things.

1 minute ago, syzygy said:

I wouldn't necessarily rule out unexpected just because didn't happen the first main day. Wouldn't be surprised for something unexpected on hidden stage today.

Suppose that's true. Perhaps the Los Planetos set and I'm still hoping for mbv.

6 hours ago, Albinoss said:

Definitely different tastes, but I would suggest Doble Capa at Adidas at 17. Waxahatcee is also something that I am really looking forward to see. The Breeders and John Maus are both round 19, maybe you will prefer the latter. Then, Mogwai, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Cigarettes after Sex. At midnight, at Bacardi stage there is Mike D! 

Doblecapa were great! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, red90 said:

Josh Tillman’s talk with Adam Curtis at Pro was opened for general public after all! Got in, it was great.

Adam Curtis offof Bitter Lake, Hypernormalistion, Power of Nightmares, etc.?

Will keep an eye out for him.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

So the Unexpected this year is that there is no Unexpected? 

What was all that 'The End' about in the video then?

Also no Auditori next two days and no Rayban Unplugged and no afternoon gigs with mid-size bands repeating (other than Sunday) and no Casa Teva.

More being given to dance this year but seemingly it's at the expense of other things.

And no Firestone stage either come to think about it (rant over!)

Edited by xxialac