Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 hours ago, red90 said:

What do you mean by peak time? I plan to leave around 3. 

Btw 2 and 5am. When there is metro (on Thursday night only). Tram line is running all the night. Never tried it so no idea how bad the queue is... (but I wouldn't be too optimistic) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, badsandwich said:

okay i don’t know where i got the impression you could take a water bottle in as long as it was empty but i can confirm this is not true and i am now mourning my reusable kwik-e-mart bottle ?

They let me take in a bottle with water in it that was open. I managed to hide some lids too, makes life much easier. I guess you must have just got unlucky but worth a try again tomorrow.

58 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They let me take in a bottle with water in it that was open. I managed to hide some lids too, makes life much easier. I guess you must have just got unlucky but worth a try again tomorrow.

i think it was just bad luck. maybe cos it had corners(!). mostly annoyed cos it was a present from a mate and now i’m gonna have to source another one!

ANYWAYS nick cave is giving it some, good lad

Great day today. The Twilight Sad were my highlight, that cover at the end made me very emotional and is easily one of my favourite live music moments ever. Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds were brilliant too, really good setlist and Nick was as captivating as usual. The War on Drugs were great and suited their time perfectly. 

I’m not a huge Bjork fan and didn’t really enjoy Utopia but I thought it came across well live. Even for the stuff I didn’t really like it still sounded great on that stage. To be honest, the sound in mordor seemed much improved from last year, Arisen My Senses in particular sounded fantastic. 

I enjoyed what I saw of Sparks, Nils Frahm and Ezra Furman too. Really looking forward to The National tomorrow now.

Edited by kingcrawler

I had a shitty spot for Nick Cave after getting to Mango from Bjork and could barely see him :( it’s a bit of a personal tragedy for a huge fan who’s always watched Nick from the front row. That said, WHAT A GIG. I nearly lost it when he played Loverman and Do You Love Me. At the end I did get my consolation prize though, ran to the side of the stage, called out to him and waved my Let Love In CD booklet above the fence. He came to me, waved the security guy away and signed it for me, my fangirly heart is so warm and fuzzy right now ❤️

I’d like a bit longer and less Utopia-heavy Bjork set, but the oldies she played were great and the beats of Utopia tracks like Losss and Sue Me slayed. Gorgeous scene design, it was all very theatrical and captivating.

I went to see Ezra Furman not knowing much about him and left with a huge grin on my face - fun show! Zeal and Ardor were as great as expected!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I couldn’t believe how many people on stage were videoing it! Just enjoy the moment  guys. 

The Skeleton Tree songs and the really old ones sounded great. Red Right Hand and the Push the Sky Away tracks are rather tired sounding and need resting.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Declan said:

I couldn’t believe how many people on stage were videoing it! Just enjoy the moment  guys. 

I did! I tend not to film concerts and I took no photos or videos prior to it. I went onstage and the view was so lovely that I had to film it for my friends. I held the phone with one hand and enjoyed the whole thing. 

Obviously, with all that was happening, it took me a couple of minutes to figure out I'm not the only one with the camera on...

• Upvote 1

So it looks like no Unexpected this year? Or did I miss anything? Kept checking yesterday and heard nothing. Not necessarily a bad thing to not have it - loads to do anyway - but they did say it would be there and would be big so was just wondering... 

Anyway, yesterday was great. Hinds, the War on Drugs and Rostam were all brilliant and Nick Cave is up there with the best I've ever seen. 

Also much easier to get around and to the toilet/bar than the previous night!! 

Looking forward to the National later. Also thinking Daphni, Confidence Man and the Black Madonna. Anyone have any other recommendations/must sees? Taste is broad so happy to check out anything once it's not a clash! 

14 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

So it looks like no Unexpected this year? Or did I miss anything? Kept checking yesterday and heard nothing. Not necessarily a bad thing to not have it - loads to do anyway - but they did say it would be there and would be big so was just wondering... 

Anyway, yesterday was great. Hinds, the War on Drugs and Rostam were all brilliant and Nick Cave is up there with the best I've ever seen. 

Also much easier to get around and to the toilet/bar than the previous night!! 

Looking forward to the National later. Also thinking Daphni, Confidence Man and the Black Madonna. Anyone have any other recommendations/must sees? Taste is broad so happy to check out anything once it's not a clash! 

Definitely different tastes, but I would suggest Doble Capa at Adidas at 17. Waxahatcee is also something that I am really looking forward to see. The Breeders and John Maus are both round 19, maybe you will prefer the latter. Then, Mogwai, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Cigarettes after Sex. At midnight, at Bacardi stage there is Mike D! 

• Upvote 1