Primavera 2018

Runnerups

What do we think about the crowds?

Compared to last year on the Wednesday, yesterday was absolutely packed. I know it's free so that is playing a big role. But they haven't disclosed the capacity this year so I really hope they haven't expanded too much.

I think something like 220,000 people went last year, 200,000 in 2016.

We left just before Belle and Seb because the crowds were unbearable. I queued 20 mins for a drink I couldn't get because the card machines weren't working, then queued again for an Aperol Spritz but they'd run out of ice, so I think they weren't expecting quite that volume of people.

Can't imagine it being like that all festival, but if it is, it'll be a pain, but will just have to cope! 

I saw Holy Bouncer and Starcrawler - the latter were so good! Then Spiritualized, I sat in the third row and wore sunglasses for the whole set - the lights were beautiful but killing my eyes after my sleepless night :D Incredible, powerful show, will be one of my highlighrs for sure. And the sound was flawless! Left right after and saw hundreds od people at the gates, now i’m kinda glad i called it a night then. I’m sp excited for today, Bjork, Nick Cave and Zeal and  are among my must-sees.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tjrant said:

The sound was atrocious, and the singer looked deranged, but I found them compelling too.

I think too that Starcrawler were interesting, but her voice was hard to hear (I was able to hear just the guitarist). Drums also were badly amplified. 

Many bands of Day Pro stage are quite compelling. Amaya Lauricirca was very good 

Anyone down at the beach area? How's it looking? Can you rent towels, etc down there or should I bring my stuff with me? 

Thoroughly enjoyed Wolf Parade last night. Wasn't as taken with B&S but would say its largely down to being stuck ages outside the crowd because I left to use the bathroom and couldn't get back in. 

Also, final question - what's the deal with the buses and trains back tonight? Metro finishes at midnight, do the buses run all night until metro reopens? 

12 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Anyone down at the beach area? How's it looking? Can you rent towels, etc down there or should I bring my stuff with me? 

Thoroughly enjoyed Wolf Parade last night. Wasn't as taken with B&S but would say its largely down to being stuck ages outside the crowd because I left to use the bathroom and couldn't get back in. 

Also, final question - what's the deal with the buses and trains back tonight? Metro finishes at midnight, do the buses run all night until metro reopens? 

Hello ConfidenceMan,

Yeah night busses are a thing here. there's also a shuttle to Plaza Catalunya that the festival organises.

BE WARNED - queues for the bus will take a minimum of an hour if you leave at peak time. I recommend paying the money for a taxi or avoiding peak times.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Hello ConfidenceMan,

Yeah night busses are a thing here. there's also a shuttle to Plaza Catalunya that the festival organises.

BE WARNED - queues for the bus will take a minimum of an hour if you leave at peak time. I recommend paying the money for a taxi or avoiding peak times.

Do you have any idea how much a taxi would be for two people back to Via Julia at around 3 or 4 in the morning? 

Last year, I don't recall even what acts played at the Forum on Wednesday and only attended the club shows. This year I went specifically to see both Spiritualized and Belle and Sebastian as did many other full festival ticket holders. Last year the lines at the club shows were a nightmare and this year it was the Forum. I think many people were worn out for the Forum and decided to skip the clubs this year and that explains why it was nothing like last year.

57 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

Do you have any idea how much a taxi would be for two people back to Via Julia at around 3 or 4 in the morning? 

I can't say for certain. Download Cabify and it'll probably be about 20/25 euros.

Expensive but it will save you sooo much waiting