Primavera 2018

Runnerups

The only Ride song I know is Twisterella, will I be missing out if I miss them?

Also just noticed Car Seat Headrest and Lift To Experience clash, and one is at mordor. Obvz more likely to see CSH again so picking Lift To Experience but its annoying

Edited by alansdeepbath

12 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Also just noticed Car Seat Headrest and Lift To Experience clash, and one is at mordor. Obvz more likely to see CSH again so picking Lift To Experience but its annoying

No contest. CSH is fun, but Lift To Experience is going to be transcendental.

4 hours ago, xxialac said:

Was at Bjork last night.

The Utopia songs were dramatically less good than the older couple of classics she played. As a result large parts of the show were a chore. Shame as the staging was good.

I thought it was beautiful, not as good as the Biophillia show at Bestival but very good. 

I’m not that hung up on her playing the classics, maybe because I’m not sure what counts as a Bjork Classic. Birthday? Venus as a Boy?  

Just a heads up that because of the security rules about aerosols and liquid sprays you can only bring cream sun block in.

Might not matter too much in the evening but could catch anyone who's planning a beach day at the Aperol stage for Four Tet presents or anything like that.

1356028383_ScreenShot2018-05-28at17_41_22.png.78afea69b41dceb4ca91c4220acaf1cb.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/26/2018 at 7:16 PM, Hip Priest said:

We will only know the fixtures for 2/3 June on Monday after this weekend's games. I'll put a message up here as it seems there may be one or two interested. We do know that Barcelona B - Zaragoza is Saturday 8.30pm so we can forget about that.

Off topic (football)

Slim pickings for football nerds, I'm afraid. As far as I can see, the only game on in the Barcelona area is Terrassa vs Compostela on the Sunday at 6pm. The town is a 40 minute train ride from Pl. Catalunya, don't think I'll bother. I was hoping for Sant Andreu to be at home but they're away.

2 hours ago, alansdeepbath said:

The only Ride song I know is Twisterella, will I be missing out if I miss them?

I am thinking of seeing Car Seat Headrest and then should be possible to catch last half hour of Lift to Experience. So only a partial clash but still annoying of course. 

Ride is great news! Turning out to be such a great lineup, a lot stronger than last year for my taste. 

Hey guys!

A good friend of mine's grandmother has just passed away... Sadly, he and his cousin won't be able to make it. I'm trying to help him by selling his and his cousin full festival tickets. If anyone is interested; please, private message me. 

Thank you all! And see you around this week! 

3 hours ago, red90 said:

i need a recommendation - any tapas bars near Pl. Catalunya good for a female going solo? i need something bustling, hopefully full of Primavera crowd, so i can easliy blend in :D

Plaça Catalunya is not close to Primavera’s location. It depends on your day’s planning if having lunch at Plaça Catalunya it’s worth it or not. Only on Sunday Primavera takes place in Barcelona downtown so that day eating at Plaça Catalunya would be a good option. I recommend you El Raval neighborhood which is actually the area where Primavera will take place on Sunday. It has a lot of tapas bars.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, red90 said:

i need a recommendation - any tapas bars near Pl. Catalunya good for a female going solo? i need something bustling, hopefully full of Primavera crowd, so i can easliy blend in :D

Yeah, there is a place actually. Can Paixano is like the unofficial meet up. It's much closer to Barceloneta so a longish walk from Pl.C. Great atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I thought living in Wales was bad for weather changes but jheez. Barcelona is something else. Been observing daily and it's changed constantly. Now thunder storms ALL day Wednesday. Rain showers Thursday and Sunday ? praying this improves. One day ago it was giving 25 degrees and sun all week 

IMG_2700.PNG

Edited by D-Low

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I thought living in Wales was bad for weather changes but jheez. Barcelona is something else. Been observing daily and it's changed constantly. Now thunder storms ALL day Wednesday. Rain showers Thursday and Sunday ? praying this improves. One day ago it was giving 25 degrees and sun all week 

IMG_2700.PNG

Trust me when I say that Barcelona weather forecast is always pessimistic in terms of rain.

It said it would thunderstorm all of yesterday and today - it's been 23 degrees for 72 hours.

If it rains a tiny bit between Thursday and Sunday, trust me you'll maybe even appreciate a short burst of rain.

I wouldn't worry at all :)

15 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Trust me when I say that Barcelona weather forecast is always pessimistic in terms of rain.

It said it would thunderstorm all of yesterday and today - it's been 23 degrees for 72 hours.

If it rains a tiny bit between Thursday and Sunday, trust me you'll maybe even appreciate a short burst of rain.

I wouldn't worry at all :)

El tiempo is saying not a drop of rain the entire festival.

I agree with Gnarler. No point worrying and in the past the weather has been great. I'm optimistic of more of the same.