Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Do we think it'd be possible to catch part of Starcrawler on the Primavera stage and then the rest of Maria Arnal i Marcel Bages in the Auditori on Wed? In other words, assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers? I don't know how this works

Edited by Friend Chicken

11 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

Do we think it'd be possible to catch part of Starcrawler on the Primavera stage and then the rest of Maria Arnal i Marcel Bages in the Auditori on Wed? In other words, assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers? I don't know how this works

I'm not highly experienced with Auditori concerts, but I don't think so. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Friend Chicken said:

assuming it's not at capacity -  do they allow latecomers

Yes, no problem, you can come and go as you like at the Auditori. However you typically do not walk in front of seated audience in the midst of songs, but wait to the small breaks between the songs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, offmytrolley said:

It took me a second to realise this was a drinking fountain icon, not a 'person being sick into a bin' icon

This is my favourite Primavera illustration, it always gets me in a good mood

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 20.32.11.png

52 minutes ago, StephenF said:

5eur or 5.50eur ish. I buy a few... But i just sneak in miniatures from the shop across the road for my bulk ?  Also between bands...nip outside for 1eur beers from the lovely hawkers outside :)

Where about's is said shop, across from the main entrance? (I've not been before)

28 minutes ago, Orens said:

What's the best tips for smuggling booze? I'm used to a pretty strict security routine on a daily basis, so never tried smuggling to Primavera.

Spirits are so easy to smuggle in - just putting a hipflask on you somewhere. I'd love to hear if anyone has ever gotten cans of beer in!

Yeah I took 3 cans of beer in with me once. Bought them from a sketchy bloke outside because the shop stops selling drink at a certain time.

I tied a hoodie round my neck, had one in its hood, one in one of the pockets and one in my crotch. Had a bit of a pat down as well and they didn't find them, kept my bollys nice and cool as well.

From my experience the security seems to get more strict throughout the day (only left the site a couple of times but normally they're tougher later on) and also seems to get ramped up day by day

This week folks! Super excited, seems to have come quicker this year for whatever reason. 

For what it is worth, I was pretty vocal about the Arctic Monkeys being a terrible booking earlier, but their new album is brilliant and daring, and has totally won me over. Still probably won't see them, but happy to admit I was wrong about their artistic capabilities. 

1 hour ago, Martin_89 said:

What? Everywhere I look it's around 17/18 every night.

For example:

Skjermbilde 2018-05-26 kl. 12.21.49.png

Looked on the BBC this morning, but just refreshed it and it says it’s going to be okay.

xxialac is right to say it is too early to tell. Was just thinking about what to pack, etc. As someone said earlier, last year I carried a sweatshirt around all weekend andonly wore it once.

On 5/4/2018 at 5:01 PM, Hip Priest said:

NB post re football not music

Rather than a sterile stadium tour, you might be interested in seeing a game. The first division will have finished but it's the last day of the regular season in Segunda and Barcelona B play Zaragoza, it's possible that both teams will be fighting for something (FCB B to stay up, ZGZ to get in play off).

There may also be a play-off game in 2B or 3 in the greater Barcelona area. At the moment Cornella, Badalona, Sant Andreu (a classic BCN barrio team), Terrassa, Espanyol B and Hospitalet are all in the mix. The Sunday evening gigs aren't great this year (imo) so if there's a decent game on I might head there.

So... what is the latest status with respect to play offs etc?

1 minute ago, puckno said:

So... what is the latest status with respect to play offs etc?

We will only know the fixtures for 2/3 June on Monday after this weekend's games. I'll put a message up here as it seems there may be one or two interested. We do know that Barcelona B - Zaragoza is Saturday 8.30pm so we can forget about that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeanSweet said:

Sorry I'm probably just being an idiot but I couldn't work out where DayPro is?

Am I right in thinking this is a venue away from primavera? I was trying to work out if we could see confidence man and still catch the end of hinds set at seat just after?

CCCB near Universitat in the heart of the city.

No way you could get from there to the forum (and to the furthest stage) in time for Hinds. You'd get there at 7pm at a push.