Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I assume Los Planetas playing "Unexpected" will be like Pond or Local Natives playing backstage last year?

https://unexpected.primaverasound.barcelona/

because Haim and Mogwai are FAR bigger than them, and I can't see anyone being particularly bothered to race to see them if it's some last minute announcement...

This is a Spanish festival and they are really popular in Spain. No reason in my opinion why they can’t play unexpected and draw a big crowd.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I assume Los Planetas playing "Unexpected" will be like Pond or Local Natives playing backstage last year?

https://unexpected.primaverasound.barcelona/

because Haim and Mogwai are FAR bigger than them, and I can't see anyone being particularly bothered to race to see them if it's some last minute announcement...

Nah, they're not that small in Spain. Especially if they're performing their 'classic album' I can see some people (including myself) that would be bothered.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

No, they can't fit there. They belong in L for Los. 

Which means that they must be playing Unexpected not Hidden.

I dunno, it might be an order glitch with the whole bilingual thing.

Edited by Orens

4 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Potentially stupid question, but how are secret sets announced? If it's last minute on the app surely anyone not local won't see it, due to probably not having mobile data?!

Apologies if not, but Europeans don't get charged in most other countries unless im mistaken? Im with 3 who I know don't charge anyway

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/06/15/eu-roaming-charges-dropped-today-means-ee-vodafone-o2-three/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannah990 said:

Potentially stupid question, but how are secret sets announced? If it's last minute on the app surely anyone not local won't see it, due to probably not having mobile data?!

Last year arcade fire were announced last minute on the app

The rest were announced in the morning or noon.

As for staying connected- I buy a local prepaid sim. 10 euro gives me enough data for the entire weekend

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

3 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

Animal collectives doing sung tongs? Makes sense with the tour coming up - also a few hours before Panda Bear set

Yeah, must be this for sure. They do the Sung Tongs tour with only two Animal Collective members: Panda Bear and Avey Tare. This mean they only need to bring in Avey Tare in addition to Panda Bear to make the show happen. This should be a great one, there is a full recording of this show on Pitchfork tv which is good. I actually have a ticket for this show later this summer, in US. Might see them twice then. Though both remaining Hidden Stage slots have significant clashes... Thundercat, War On Drugs etc.

Edited by puckno

7 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National doing Boxer in full from 8pm-9pm on the hidden stage, before their short-ish 9:30pm set at Mordor. unlikely, but there's definitely room for a secret set there for someone between 8pm-10pm.

What about The National Boxer show taking place in the Auditori? I don't know if they have secret sets there but it seems well suited

My girlfriend and I are contemplating doing a Casa Primavera reservation. I'm mainly enticed by the VIP upgrade for the day. Eyeing Thurs at 13:30 even though the chef doesn't seem that appealing to me. Fri's chef sounds better but 13:30 is sold out, the 19:00 conflicts with John Maus, and I don't plan on spending much time at Mordor anyway on Fri which is where the VIP viewing areas mainly are, correct? I don't see any for the other stages. Sat is 140 euros and no afternoon reservation which kinda sucks! 

Is it worth trying VIP for a day? This is my first Primavera.

1 minute ago, Friend Chicken said:

My girlfriend and I are contemplating doing a Casa Primavera reservation. I'm mainly enticed by the VIP upgrade for the day. Eyeing Thurs at 13:30 even though the chef doesn't seem that appealing to me. Fri's chef sounds better but 13:30 is sold out, the 19:00 conflicts with John Maus, and I don't plan on spending much time at Mordor anyway on Fri which is where the VIP viewing areas mainly are, correct? I don't see any for the other stages. Sat is 140 euros and no afternoon reservation which kinda sucks! 

Is it worth trying VIP for a day? This is my first Primavera.

VIP is nowhere as good as it used to be as it is now oversold and the price has shot up relative to normal tickets. It does give a discount on drinks but in the past drinks were free (!). They also have stopped you taking drinks out of the VIP area (I think, bit hazy on this point).

I'd say it's only worthwhile if you are really keen to be at the front for at least 2 or 3 headline acts at Mordor. There is a VIP at Heineken but it is set back from the stage so you are further away (though more comfortable).

13 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

Animal collectives doing sung tongs? Makes sense with the tour coming up - also a few hours before Panda Bear set

Makes tons of sense, actually, and Panda Bear is only playing with Avey Tare on this tour.

Another possibility is an Arctic Monkeys set late on Friday. I don't think they will play Thursday, as they already play Tuesday/Wednesday in France.

Full map has been released

The Hidden is probably another iteration of that Arcade Fire 360 stage, while the Casa Primavera VIP includes another stage. That's probably this year's Backstage.

Ever since last June, according to the Prima website, the VIP Full festival ticket includes:

·Access to Backstage Parties in a new VIP area with a pool, exclusive bar and restaurant service

Looks like we're getting all of those.

PS18mapa1.png

The map looks good, showers and lockers by the beach area for anyone who fancies a dip. Assuming the lockers don't get monopolised on the first day that'll be handy for shoving a hoodie into to pick up later in the dancey area when it gets cold in the early morning.

8 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

Btw, the Wednesday night stuff at the Apolo, I'm guessing to go to those you'll need to have gone to the Forum earlier in the day to get your wristbands? They wouldn't bother having a second ticket exchange at the city venues, would they?

You can print the ticket at home and go in with it on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but they will obviously have to scan it at the entrance. This year we can get our wristbands at the Apolo on Monday/Tueday:

APOLO (Nou de la Rambla, 111)
Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th May from 12pm to 10pm

PARC DEL FÒRUM
Wednesday 30th May from 12pm to 11pm
Thursday 31st, Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd June from 11am to 2.30am

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Orens said:

You can print the ticket at home and go in with it on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, but they will obviously have to scan it at the entrance. This year we can get our wristbands at the Apolo on Monday/Tueday:

Ah I've just seen the email from Redtkt answering my exact question! Thanks Orens :)

To get into the Primavera als Clubs showcases on Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th May and Wednesday 30th May it is not necessary to have your ticket for the wristband and the festival access card exchanged beforehand, you only have to show the full festival ticket or print at home. However, we highly recommend exchanging your tickets before the concerts to facilitate access to the corresponding venues.

Access to the Primavera als Clubs programme is subject to the capacity of each venue and only full festival ticket holders will be admitted.

• Like 1