Primavera 2018

Runnerups

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Well yeah, that's true, it's not transferable

11 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Strictly for media people though, isn't it? Not sure it's transferable.

It's not strictly to media people, it is for most of the jobs related with music, arts and spectacles, that could be from working in a publishing house to own a self-designed t-shirt company, that's how i got the ticket. But afterwards I've got a VIP ticket in a contest, so I wrote to the organisation and they told me that I could transfer the ticket to the name of another holder with no problem

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LMDS said:

It's not strictly to media people, it is for most of the jobs related with music, arts and spectacles, that could be from working in a publishing house to own a self-designed t-shirt company, that's how i got the ticket. But afterwards I've got a VIP ticket in a contest, so I wrote to the organisation and they told me that I could transfer the ticket to the name of another holder with no problem

Cool. I love how flexible the organisers are, they genuinely try and help people. Not the UK experience.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, Hannah990 said:

Anyone have experience sneaking drink into the venue? Never been to Primavera but have found most other EU festivals to be pretty bloody strict with searches..

If you bring in a plastic bottle of water with the lid off you can walk right through the gates.

I used this tactic last year to get gin in too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Anyone have experience sneaking drink into the venue? Never been to Primavera but have found most other EU festivals to be pretty bloody strict with searches..

They are bloody not strict in the slightest with searches at Primavera.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

estimated walking time from Mordor to the Barcardi stage? Wanna see all of TWOD followed by James Holden but cant remember how long the walk is.

I'd say about 20 minutes, assuming you're walking fast and not getting slowed down by the crowd.

Give it 30 if it means leaving the mordor when a show ends and everyone leaves

17 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

I'd say about 20 minutes, assuming you're walking fast and not getting slowed down by the crowd.

Give it 30 if it means leaving the mordor when a show ends and everyone leaves

ahh okay, thank you.

Can anyone confirm or deny if there is still that little convenience store/newsagents just outside the festival site that sells big beers for 1 euro?

2 hours ago, Orens said:

We're flying back home early Monday, right after the Apolo gigs.
Is there a decent cloakroom to put our luggages on around the CCCB?

Hey, Plaza Catalunya isn't too far from CCCB so there're a few options there. Check this website out → https://www.nannybag.com/en/luggage-storage/barcelona/placa-catalunya

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benwalkerc said:

I’m sure I’ve missed most of this chat but what are the biggest rumours for the secret sets this year? I was thinking maybe vampire weekend with Rostam being there already but that’s just a guess. Hoping for better than Haim this year 

Can't remember any more. VW would seem a sensible guess. Los Planetas look nailed on as one (of the three?)

Jungle would make the most sense to me.

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National doing Boxer in full from 8pm-9pm on the hidden stage, before their short-ish 9:30pm set at Mordor. unlikely, but there's definitely room for a secret set there for someone between 8pm-10pm.

Yeah, agree. Someone will step up but probably not The National.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The National doing Boxer in full from 8pm-9pm on the hidden stage, before their short-ish 9:30pm set at Mordor. unlikely, but there's definitely room for a secret set there for someone between 8pm-10pm.

Barry Hogan's secret GDPR DJ set.

• Like 1

I assume Los Planetas playing "Unexpected" will be like Pond or Local Natives playing backstage last year?

https://unexpected.primaverasound.barcelona/

because Haim and Mogwai are FAR bigger than them, and I can't see anyone being particularly bothered to race to see them if it's some last minute announcement...

Edited by ghostdancer1