Primavera 2018

Runnerups

My priorities at the Bjork timeslot will be to complete the Unknow Mortal Orchestra concert then head over early for a good spot at the Nick Cave concert. They will show Bjork at the screens in front of the Nick Cave stage.

Edited by puckno

I'm looking to sale one full ticket to PS.

My friend's dad has passed away, so obviously he won't be able to join us.

I would've sold the ticket on the Marketplace, but I'm not the original buyer and I'm trying to relieve him from handling this in the meantime.

Please PM me if you're looking for a ticket.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No comparison between the two. Grace is all entertainment, hits and unbelievable charisma. Was the best show I saw last year. Bjork may be a more talented musician but a big festival stage is not the best fit for her.

Having seen both live I second that. But if your kind of entertainment is plink plonk string orchestra, strange instruments and the unmissable voice of Bjork singing in all the wrong places then you are in for a treat.

18 minutes ago, puckno said:

My priorities at the Bjork timeslot will be to complete the Unknow Mortal Orchestra concert then head over early for a good spot at the Nick Cave concert. They will show Bjork at the screens in front of the Nick Cave stage.

I'm not sure they will. But you'll be able to watch Bjork's screens from Nick Cave's end of Mordor. 

25 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm a fan of Utopia so was looking forward to catching Bjork, is there usually better sound/less crowd talking the closer you are to the front at the main stages? 

Yes, VIP ideally or get there early. My tip if someone is talking around you constantly and being obnoxious is to politely punch them in the face.

• Like 1

Ran past Forum yesterday at the end of a super hot bank holiday weekend (am very sunburnt so invest in some sun cream fellow Brits)

They've started building Mordor and now I'm very excited. Will see if I can take a picture next time I go past.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Ran past Forum yesterday at the end of a super hot bank holiday weekend (am very sunburnt so invest in some sun cream fellow Brits)

They've started building Mordor and now I'm very excited. Will see if I can take a picture next time I go past.

Mordor has been tarmacked according to a poster on exiliados

4 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Mordor has been tarmacked according to a poster on exiliados

Interesting. Before they closed off the site, I used to run right through it when it was empty and seem to remember it being tarmacked for a little while.

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing for the festival. 

7 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

Interesting. Before they closed off the site, I used to run right through it when it was empty and seem to remember it being tarmacked for a little while.

Not sure if that would be a good or a bad thing for the festival. 

Why would it be a bad thing? Should better than the gravel.

4 minutes ago, break_the_skies said:

Yeah it would be an improvement for sure. A couple of my friends who were somewhere near the front during Skepta last year said that the dust kicking up from the gravel was absolutely unbearable.

That's correct. Your footwear also comes back looking an actual mess, I make sure to pack baby wipes to touch them up before going out each night!

Yesterday I went through the forum and the thing is already underway. They have mounted the stands on both sides of Mordor and are starting with the stages. The one that is rolling in the electronic zone. The piece of beach that is caught is huge, almost becomes a festival by itself. Mordor is asphalted (or so it seemed from the fences).

Let's see ... I saw it from behind a fence half covered by a cloth. Leveling / fixing is safe, I do not know if with asphalt or cement or with what but there is no longer the stony dusty ground.

That should have been put this year on the poster, very large, above Migos.

Some badly translated quotes from the thread about the asphalt!

13 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

There's also a lot of freaking out in the weather thread, but I'm going to presume that levels of rain pessimism and histrionics are higher in forums of people who aren't accustomed to UK festival weather

most forecasts are basically useless beyond 4 days, so any forecasts for the actual festival days now are essentially complete guesses.

this week it appears to be over 20 degrees, and a mix of cloud and sun. I'd be fine with that for the end of next week.

Edited by ghostdancer1

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

most forecasts are basically useless beyond 4 days. any forecasts for the actual festival days now are basically complete guesses.

Aye :) Every year I tell myself this, and yet three weeks before any festival or holiday I start consulting the crystal ball/algorithmically generated guesses/'Accuweather extended forecast' – I should know better but can't help myself!

1 minute ago, Friend Chicken said:

So Primavera told me camelpaks are not allowed. Does anyone know if sports water bottles like this are allowed or will they make me discard the lid? If so I won't even bother packing it in my luggage. Space is precious

MG106_K_2.jpg

If they find it, they won't allow it. If...

It's probably been discussed but what's the sound quality like? Seen some videos of Bon Iver last year and all I could hear was people talking right the way through his set. It's probably a bad thing I've got so used to the sound at Glastonbury which I think is spot on.

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

It's probably been discussed but what's the sound quality like? Seen some videos of Bon Iver last year and all I could hear was people talking right the way through his set. It's probably a bad thing I've got so used to the sound at Glastonbury which I think is spot on.

Sound - generally excellent (occasional issues on the main stages).

People talking - getting worse every year (worst on the main stages)