Primavera 2018

Runnerups

58 minutes ago, xxialac said:

In the last 8 years or so, I can barely remember any rain. One cold year, maybe two years with rain on one day. That's about it. 

It's a lovely time of year and contrast with all my memories of UK festivals where greyness and cold go with the territory.

I'm only referring to the 4 main days but yes last year was epic rainstorm on the Sunday.

We learn not to trust the weather forecast in Barcelona. We'll get told it's going to rain for 4 days, we'll maybe get a drizzle in the morning.

Obviously, this isn't always the case. Someone earlier was saying how wet this Spring has been, they weren't lying. Hopefully, things perk up before the end of the month.

4 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

We learn not to trust the weather forecast in Barcelona. We'll get told it's going to rain for 4 days, we'll maybe get a drizzle in the morning.

Obviously, this isn't always the case. Someone earlier was saying how wet this Spring has been, they weren't lying. Hopefully, things perk up before the end of the month.

how wet has it been? Daily heavy rain?

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

how wet has it been? Daily heavy rain?

To be fair, there's been very little heavy rain, just noticeably wetter than last year. It's grey at some point every day and raining a couple times a week.

Seems like the UK has been getting killer weather the past month but I'm sure it'll clear up over here. This week has been much better than recently.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Last year it only rained on the Sunday, we went out to the park in shorts and suddenly it rained so bad. 

In 2016 I can't recall any rain.

We went to a pub on the Sunday, 30 seconds after we walked in the door the heavens opened.

This is going to be my fifth. I remember it pissing down during Drive-By Truckers four years ago, and there was a relatively short downpour with a double rainbow a few years back. Other than that, blissfully clear skies the whole time.

24 minutes ago, Divein said:

I didnt sign up to a festival in Barcelona in the middle of June for it to be anything but wall to wall sunshine.

8 glastonburys in a row and I'd have hoped for a year off making sacrifices to the weather gods.

:D

I'm exclusively packing shorts and tshirts (and a light jacket for night-time). don't you fail me now Barcelona!

On 5/16/2018 at 2:36 PM, Orens said:

Two left to guess, I crossed off the announced acts:

image.thumb.png.fd38ef09bbc8bafb317f4c6d0091b192.png

Anderson .Paak might be available as a big, unexpected surprise on the Hidden. He just released a new single yesterday. 

He plays US a week before PS, then Bonnaroo on the following weekend. 

Just now, Orens said:

Anderson .Paak might be available as a big, unexpected surprise on the Hidden. He just released a new single yesterday. 

He plays US a week before PS, then Bonnaroo on the following weekend. 

As much as I'd love it, I don't see it. Too much pond hopping.

17 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Sumac or beach house, beach house or sumac. I really can't decide on this one. Which would you choose? :)

I'm not sure about Sumac but Beach House not playing Scotland on their tour makes them a must see for me, that might be something to consider.

36 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'm not sure about Sumac but Beach House not playing Scotland on their tour makes them a must see for me, that might be something to consider.

Good point yeah. I've not seen them since the queens hall Edinburgh 2008 supporting grizzly bear. Bout time I caught them I suppose! 

8 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

I wonder if Beach House will come onstage 15mins late again like they did in 2016 at both Primavera and Field Day

They did this at Paredes De Coura last year lol. Festival was in the middle of the jungle so you had to book a taxi home well in advance, completely fucked us all over.