Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, jirrit said:

Hello, any big music fans here to give me some must see's for Primavera? From the more unknown side... I'm a Slowdive, War on Drugs, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, The National - kinda music lover. ? Cheers

Lift To Experience - Wall of noise with moments of peak american indie (Falling From Cloud 9/These Are The Days are good entry tracks)

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure if someone else mentioned it and I've just missed it but I noticed that the Primavera website says this about the last two Hidden stage acts "The rest will be announced during the week of the festival to celebrate its mysterious spirit". Possible unexpected acts then?

Great spot. So the Hidden names will have taken over 3 weeks to come out, when in previous years they came out all at one. No way there's 3 weeks of hype in names like Let's Eat Grandma and Yung Beef...

This has probably been discussed already, but Shame/ Soulwax would be great additions to the Hidden Stage... It's been underwhelming at the moment, especially as it's a larger and utilising that Arcade Fire stage from last year...

In regards to the line-up, I've got some of the worst clashes I've had to deal with at a festival...

Fever Rey/ Sylvan Esso/ Vince Staples/ Mount Kimbie is an absolute CLANGER, never mind the fact they're ALL clashing with Nick Cave.

Floating Points Live and Four Tet Live clashing is short sighted. Two almost identical artists playing at the same time?

Thundercat/ Jorja Smith is a personal one for me.

They HAVE addressed the Watain/ Dead Cross clash though. The two of three heavy bands clashing was bonkers 

12 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Great spot. So the Hidden names will have taken over 3 weeks to come out, when in previous years they came out all at one. No way there's 3 weeks of hype in names like Let's Eat Grandma and Yung Beef...

I guess, like someone said earlier, it's Heineken who have decided they'll get more marketing value and social media eyeballs by spreading the announcements out.

14 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I don't remember the Arctic Monkeys/Jon Hopkins crossover being so tight before; finish at 1.30/start at 1.30, but I may have just read that wrong.

Gonna miss some of Jon Hopkins regardless, bit of a bummer

It was.

4 hours ago, frankburns said:

No.

The two missing band-names start with A or B and P or Q or R or S according to this poster:

Bild

Would the A-B name be Atlas Sound? Deerhunter are playing a fest in Switzerland on 31 May so it’s possible that they could get to BCN by late Friday. There is a ??? late on the Friday. Remember that Bradford was supposed to play a solo show on the Friday in 2016 but his flight got delayed so the show was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, username666 said:

Would the A-B name be Atlas Sound? Deerhunter are playing a fest in Switzerland on 31 May so it’s possible that they could get to BCN by late Friday. There is a ??? late on the Friday. Remember that Bradford was supposed to play a solo show on the Friday in 2016 but his flight got delayed so the show was cancelled. 

Good shout but imagine he’ll just show up and play at some point anywhere when someone cancels. I feel like they played 4 times in 2013, though I went to primavera and their ATP in the space of a month so could be mixed up. Would welcome him doing things that don’t involve the last 3 deerhunter albums.