Primavera 2018

Runnerups

While we're on the information train, this isn't my first Primavera but it's the first time I'm doing press for it. 

Can anybody with experience of this give me some tips? I know there's a press tent right by Mordor but not sure what it will be used for.

8 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

While we're on the information train, this isn't my first Primavera but it's the first time I'm doing press for it. 

Can anybody with experience of this give me some tips? I know there's a press tent right by Mordor but not sure what it will be used for.

I have not a personal experience but a friend of mine that is a photographer had the press pass last year. Are you registered on the press portal? You can download all the information from the site 

8 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

If I'm going to the club show on Monday, will we get our wristbands then?

No. The wristband exchange will probably be open at the Forum in the afternoon. However, you can also take your ticket to the club show to get in, but they won't do the exchange there. 

28 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

I have not a personal experience but a friend of mine that is a photographer had the press pass last year. Are you registered on the press portal? You can download all the information from the site 

Thank you! I took a quick gander but I'll take a deeper dive

16 hours ago, Steph U said:

My plane arrived quite late on the Thu last year, so had the same problem: sent a message to Primavera via Facebook and they said writstband exchange is open til approx. 2am. However, I don't know if it's the same on Wed. Ask them to be sure, they reply quite quickly.

Cheers. Yeah they replied to me on Twitter, open til 11pm Wednesday and from 11am Thursday, I land at 9.30pm Wednesday so I'll probably just go Thursday

Anyone know if the 'Four Tet presents' splits are accurate on Clashfinder for the Thursday? It has down as Josey Rebelle 12 - 1.30, Champion 1.30 - 3, Daphni 3 - 4.30, Four Tet 4.30 - 6. Can't seem to find the splits anywhere on the official app/website

24 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Anyone know if the 'Four Tet presents' splits are accurate on Clashfinder for the Thursday? It has down as Josey Rebelle 12 - 1.30, Champion 1.30 - 3, Daphni 3 - 4.30, Four Tet 4.30 - 6. Can't seem to find the splits anywhere on the official app/website

I haven't seen anything official either. The psmmxviii clashfinder completely made up times/order for The Warehouse at the start, then later changed them when they were released, so I'd imagine it's the same for the Aperol stage.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

I haven't seen anything official either. The psmmxviii clashfinder completely made up times/order for The Warehouse at the start, then later changed them when they were released, so I'd imagine it's the same for the Aperol stage.

OK. Guess it makes sense for Four Tet to be on last given that it's 'Four Tet presents' so hopefully it's accurate or not far off

24 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I have both. I've got some login details to pro as well so I'll look there too.

If you have also the PRO pass there's so much more you can do! 

As it's stated on the site, you have:

• Access to all the exclusive activities of the Day Pro Conference: conferences, workshops, showcases, meetings, receptions, etc.
• Inclusion in and access to the data base of accredited professionals.
• Free access to Night Pro, exclusive area for professionals on the festival site, and access to the Press Lounge, that has work areas, lockers and a press set. 
• Access to all the concerts in the line-up of Primavera Sound festival.
• Speedy access to concerts held in the Auditori (indoor venue with limited capacity), except in the case of those for which a reservation ticket is necessary.
• Preferential access to concerts by Primavera Sound programmed in venues with limited capacity (clubs and concert venues) in the days leading up to the festival, until venue is full and except in the case of those for which a reservation ticket is necessary.
• Access to the festival site via exclusive entry lane.
• Welcome Pack (limited edition).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

OK. Guess it makes sense for Four Tet to be on last given that it's 'Four Tet presents' so hopefully it's accurate or not far off

On Thursday 31st May the British artist Four Tet will transport the London electronic scene to the Mediterranean with the DJs Josey Rebelle and Champion and he himself will close the afternoon session with Daphni, the alter ego of the versatile Dan Snaith (Caribou).

Source: PRIMAVERA BITS: PRIMAVERA SOUND'S ELECTRONIC MUSIC OASIS (press release)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so a Daphni b2b Four Tet dj set?

Nothing official, I guess they want the Aperol stage to free-flow as much as possible, don't make any time commitments and let the artists themselves decide. But I do expect either Four Tet alone or b2b with Daphni to close the Aperol on Thursday.

Not sure if someone else mentioned it and I've just missed it but I noticed that the Primavera website says this about the last two Hidden stage acts "The rest will be announced during the week of the festival to celebrate its mysterious spirit". Possible unexpected acts then?

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure if someone else mentioned it and I've just missed it but I noticed that the Primavera website says this about the last two Hidden stage acts "The rest will be announced during the week of the festival to celebrate its mysterious spirit". Possible unexpected acts then?

Possible.