Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

sorry, I thought we were talking about Hidden acts still, as that's what they're announcing now. I was expecting someone a little bigger than "Yung Beef" on the Wednesday to go up against Spiritualized, or even it being an "Unnanounced" act until that evening.

I don't really get the point of announcing the acts for the Hidden stage in drips and drabs. they're not particularly special acts so far, no-one would care much if they were announced on the main lineup.

In fairness despite dragging on we got 2 names on one day and it seems like we will get all the remaining 5 names today.

1 minute ago, Orens said:

Yes, but the crowd will be pissed to have this kind of surprise while waiting for The National at the front rows in the Mordor. A very controversial move IMO.

To be fair that's kind of the thing with unexpected sets. I guess we would see rumours of it happening like AF last year?

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

sorry, I thought we were talking about Hidden acts still, as that's what they're announcing now. I was expecting someone a little bigger than "Yung Beef" on the Wednesday to go up against Spiritualized, or even it being an "Unnanounced" act until that evening.

No problem, it is all pretty confusing but kind of exciting in that no one knows quite what is going on. The Unexpected thing could not even happen this year - who knows

I'll go see Lets Eat Grandma if they aren't clashing, but Yung Beef doesn't look like my kind of thing. 

Just now, rzwodezwo said:

To be fair that's kind of the thing with unexpected sets. I guess we would see rumours of it happening like AF last year?

I believe they will, but not on Friday right before their headlining set.

1 minute ago, MatheauWillis said:

You would surely expect with the promo "Unexpected" video they released after the festival last year that they were suggesting they plan to book some acts to the level of Arcade Fire or Haim for that sort of gig.

I happened to catch each of LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire secret/"surprise" gigs two days before their headlining sets, as was the case with Interpol in 2015 (I wasn't there). Not an hour or two, that would be odd.

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

I believe they will, but not on Friday right before their headlining set.

I happened to catch each of LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire secret/"surprise" gigs two days before their headlining sets, as was the case with Interpol in 2015 (I wasn't there). Not an hour or two, that would be odd.

Fair point, I guess we'll have to figure it out. 

6 minutes ago, Orens said:

I happened to catch each of LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire secret/"surprise" gigs two days before their headlining sets, as was the case with Interpol in 2015 (I wasn't there).  Not an hour or two, that would be odd.

Can't begin to explain how jealous I am of that. This is going to be my 3rd Primavera but my 1st whilst following this forum, I didn't know the Arcade Fire secret set happened until someone showed me a video poolside the next morning. Hoping that I'll be on the ball this year with all of your assistance.

As I said, I wouldn't begin to speculate where or when they'll play - it just makes a lot of sense imo that they do.

Edited by MatheauWillis
  • Like 1

Just now, MatheauWillis said:

Can't begin to explain how jealous I am of that. This is going to be my 3rd Primavera but my 1st whilst following this forum, I didn't know about the Arcade Fire secret set happened until someone showed me a video poolside the next morning. Hoping that I'll be on the ball this year with all of your assistance.

As I said, I wouldn't begin to speculate where or when they'll play - it just makes a lot of sense imo that they do.

This is going to be my 3rd Primavera as well! My first gig in Barcelona was the LCD secret gig, I got the tickets online, landed, put the luggage at the apartment and ran to the BARTS to score the first row. Surreal.

I got the Arcade Fire all the way from the city center, as I've been in a meet&greet with Run the Jewels. I lost my signed poster back there, but it was worth it.

15 hours ago, mufcok said:

Anyone know where to get the opening/closing times for wristband collections? This is my first time so I'm a complete novice, get there late ish Wednesday night, wouldn't mind boxing it off then if it's an option

Anyone know when the wristband collection closes each night, or Wednesday specifically?

50 minutes ago, Orens said:

Last year there were two clear schedule gaps which could've been filled with unexpected acts. It actually happened, plus another one on a new stage which was built entirely for the sake of Arcade Fire's launch.

This year, I believe we only recognized one (late Saturday on the Bacardi, after Jon Hopkins). Soulwax can definitely play there, for example.

In addition to that, the Hidden stage is not so hidden, and they already have the infrastructure to hold unexpected gigs there.

with 20mins before and after other sets on the Bacardi stage for equipment turn-around, that only leaves whoever plays that slot with a 30min set. can't see Soulwax coming to PS just to do that.

I think a DJ set is far more likely in that gap, as it requires less equipment set-up. probably someone already on the lineup, rather than a dj set from Soulwax/2ManyDJs.

A quick question guys,.

This is my first primavera and Im arriving on Thursday at 7pm and staying at a hotel right next to Barcelona Sants.

How long do you think it will take me to get from the airport to the hotel to drop my bag and then on to the festival and would be train and then metro be the best option. I think you need to get 2 metros from our hotel to get to the festival.

If that hidden slot were to be The National then id be beside myself if I didnt make it.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Divein said:

A quick question guys,.

This is my first primavera and Im arriving on Thursday at 7pm and staying at a hotel right next to Barcelona Sants.

How long do you think it will take me to get from the airport to the hotel to drop my bag and then on to the festival and would be train and then metro be the best option. I think you need to get 2 metros from our hotel to get to the festival.

If that hidden slot were to be The National then id be beside myself if I didnt make it.

you could walk through the gates at 9pm

4 hours ago, mufcok said:

Anyone know when the wristband collection closes each night, or Wednesday specifically?

My plane arrived quite late on the Thu last year, so had the same problem: sent a message to Primavera via Facebook and they said writstband exchange is open til approx. 2am. However, I don't know if it's the same on Wed. Ask them to be sure, they reply quite quickly.