Primavera 2018

Runnerups

13 minutes ago, Orens said:

Crowds, fatigue, personal fitness, etc. It varies for me, but the last time I've been to Mordor last year - I got from Arcade Fire (on the Mango) to Japandroids (on the Primavera) in eight minutes. Just went by tons of people and kept pushing forwards.

Yeah, people suck at walking when they get drunk. If you really want to be at a concert in time, there is usually no problem.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

So probably sometime this week then? (I'm guessing pronto means soon)

Five days ago, they published:

The rest, including a free concert in the inauguration day on the Wednesday 30th May, will be announced in the next few days on the social media networks of both the festival and Heineken®.

On an official press release . You never know with PS.

Absolute noob post here and I'll understand if it's ignored, but the festivals two weeks away now and I'm so confused about so many aspects of it.

What days is the festival actually on on festival grounds?

And which locations are the venues as opposed to stages on site?

Is night pro accessible to public?

I'm sure I'm over thinking the complicatedness of this, but when everything's in Spanish and the layout is new I'm so lost haha

44 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Absolute noob post here and I'll understand if it's ignored, but the festivals two weeks away now and I'm so confused about so many aspects of it.

I'm sure I'm over thinking the complicatedness of this, but when everything's in Spanish and the layout is new I'm so lost haha

The website is bilingual and most of what you need is on there but here's the need to know.

• Weds, Thur, Fri, Sat
  • Weds (late evening) Sala Apolo, Sunday (afternoon, early evening) CCCB, Sunday (late evening) Sala Apolo
  • Yes, the gigs are

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hannah990 said:

The first time I had the same questions, sort of, because it's a huge organization. Day Pro is a stage located at CCCB  and it's open to the public. Night Pro is another stage on the Forum. Most (if not all) of the bands that play at Day play also at Night. Not to be confused with Primavera Pro, that is dedicated to seminars and showcases, reserved mostly for press and music industry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

The layout hasn't changed much to previous years. 

The festial site is open Wednesday through to Saturday for certain. Wednesday is free, you don't need tickets to access the shows in the Primavera stage - however that isn't true for the Spiratualized performance this year (as it's in the Auditori and ticketed)

There are also shows on the Sunday following the festival, which I believe to be at smaller venues around the city (but I may be wrong as I didn't go to them last year). I think this answers your other question too, in regards to stages/venues - they're scattered in the city. 

The festival site is easy to navigate and got great character. Have a great time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

The website has an option to turn it into English. Night Pro is accessible to anyone within the festival. Day Pro to anyone. 

Monday and Tuesday evening  - Gigs at the Apolo club in Town. (need ticket/wristband)

Wednesday Afternoon - Day Pro @ CCCB in town.(open to all)

Wednesday Evening - Concerts at the Festival site (open to all) plus Spiritualized @ nearby Auditori (need ticket/wristband)

Wednesday Night - Gigs at the Apolo club in Town. (need ticket/wristband)

Thursday / Friday / Saturday Afternoon - Day Pro @ CCCB in town.(open to all) plus dj's and dance stuff at part of the festival site (need ticket/wristband). 

Thursday / Friday / Saturday Evening and Night - The Festival (need ticket/wristband)

Friday / Saturday Afternoon - gig at the Auditorium near  Poble Nou (need ticket/wristband). 

Sunday Afternoon / Evening - Concerts at CCCB (open to all)

Sunday Night - Gigs at the Apolo (need ticket/wristband)

• Upvote 1

Hello everybody. Festival starts in 2 weeks and I'm getting exited, more and more. This will be my 3rd Primavera in a row. What I like most is the diversity of the line-up, eg. Dead Cross and Jane Birkin. Have been to many festivals all over Europe and this is by far the best.

Everyone ist super kind. All areas are really clean. No camping. No drunk kids. Good weather. Nice town

Some are calling the main stages Mordor. If you have ever been to the Hurricane Festival, you know what Mordor is :-)

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Soulwax

I'm gonna do the thing again when I just ask the person who I know related to the band (classic Arctic Monkey's bassists brother callback) but I do actually know Stefaan from Soulwax (my sister dated him for about 5 years) so I'll ask him

• Like 3

Just now, alansdeepbath said:

I'm gonna do the thing again when I just ask the person who I know related to the band (classic Arctic Monkey's bassists brother callback) but I do actually know Stefaan from Soulwax (my sister dated him for about 5 years) so I'll ask him

AMAZING! If that's going to happen, I'll cry tears of joy.

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Then hoping - if there even is an Unexpected this year - for MBV, Spoon, Soulwax, Jungle.

I'd be so happy with Soulwax or Jungle!

I saw Soulwax's current tour setup at Melt last year and it was amazing, would very much like a second go.