Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi didn't sound very enthusiastic about on the facebook live thing. Basically said he was doing it for the guy who runs the Exiliados forum who was always bugging him about a DJ stage/tent that was not electronica.

Haha! That’s amazing that he actually said this. Some guy. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I seriously doubt it. Surely it's going to be queuearama for it straight after the Arctic Monkeys and at peak time.

You're probably right but it might not be so bad if you queued near the end of their set (I assume most of the crowd would want to stay till the end). 

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's quite a few other acts on the bill (Anna von Hausswolff, Cigarettes After Sex, Thundercat etc) where I find myself thinking: if only there was some kind of massive auditorium with fantastic acoustics located on the site...

Nils Frahm is probably another one (although his set at Melt festival sounds pretty great on YouTube)

Edited by addicted2noise

23 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

Hi all, are the Pro Day/Pro Night stages unaccessible to everyone without a press accreditation/Pro ticket? 

Day Pro is open for everyone 

Nightpro is open for anyone with a bracelet (Full/specific day/VIP/Pro)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orens said:

Day Pro is open for everyone 

Nightpro is open for anyone with a bracelet (Full/specific day/VIP/Pro)

So if we have a festival ticket we can go to any of the 'Pro' sessions?

Where is the stage?

(And thanks for answering all my questions constantly).

Edited by tjrant
Needed to add a thank you.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

Has anyone been to Coachella? That's my main festival and I'm used to jumping around stages a lot there. Primavera sounds a lot bigger in terms of distance from stage to stage, particularly Mordor to Bacardi/Desperados....

It’s worse than Coachella. Also, it’s all on concrete rather than grass. 

28 minutes ago, jadel74 said:

It’s worse than Coachella. Also, it’s all on concrete rather than grass. 

True but for perspective, it's significantly better than Glastonbury for distances between stages and there are two you can sit down at (Rayban, Auditori). 

The concrete is tiring. Take comfortable shoes.

7 hours ago, xxialac said:

There's quite a few other acts on the bill (Anna von Hausswolff, Cigarettes After Sex, Thundercat etc) where I find myself thinking: if only there was some kind of massive auditorium with fantastic acoustics located on the site...

I've seen Thundercat in regular festival settings twice before. There is no need to worry - he will funk it up and connect to the audience. You still need to have some tolerance with jazz, of course. But if you are into urban jazz it will be great!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, xxialac said:

True but for perspective, it's significantly better than Glastonbury for distances between stages and there are two you can sit down at (Rayban, Auditori). 

The concrete is tiring. Take comfortable shoes.

I don't find it too bad for nipping between the main music stages - Adidas, Pitchfork, Rayban  and Primavera (plus the Hidden Stage too!) are all a couple of minutes apart and if you have to go to the dance stages or Mordor it's central to them. 

Also concrete is much better than grass for speedy stage hopping. 

14 minutes ago, Declan said:

I don't find it too bad for nipping between the main music stages - Adidas, Pitchfork, Rayban  and Primavera (plus the Hidden Stage too!) are all a couple of minutes apart and if you have to go to the dance stages or Mordor it's central to them. 

Also concrete is much better than grass for speedy stage hopping. 

Yeah completely with you. Especially if you avoid Mordor and the dance stages, you don't have to hop far at all.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Yeah completely with you. Especially if you avoid Mordor and the dance stages, you don't have to hop far at all.

Primavera virgin here trying to understand the site and have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping. Am I right in assuming Mordor refers the furthest east area with the Mango and Seat stages? How difficult is it to get in and out at peak times? How long would it take to get to say, the Pitchfork stage? Are there toilets and bars inside 'Mordor'? Are the transfers worth using or are the queues too big? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Primavera virgin here trying to understand the site and have a couple of questions if you wouldn't mind helping. Am I right in assuming Mordor refers the furthest east area with the Mango and Seat stages? How difficult is it to get in and out at peak times? How long would it take to get to say, the Pitchfork stage? Are there toilets and bars inside 'Mordor'? Are the transfers worth using or are the queues too big? Thanks!

Hi! Yeah, you assumed it right, Mordor refers to Seat and Mango stages, that are pretty far away from the others (the nearest stage is Night Pro that is almost halfway from Ray Ban and Primavera. 

To get in you should arrive early if you want a good view, but it will be difficult to get out before the end of the set because it gets super crowded. If you are planning to see anything that is right after, you should stay on a side of the crowd and leave before the end of the set.

I believe that the transfers will have a huge queue at peak times. I would suggest taking the transfers just in case you need to move from Mordor to the beach stages, otherwise to get to Primavera or to Pitchfork / Adidas while streets are crowded can take at least 20 mins of walking.

Port a potties and toilets are everywhere around the forum. Certain zones have queues and other are deserted. 

Near Seat and Mango there are bars and food trucks, you're set with everything 

• Upvote 1

Yeah Mordor is the two big stages where the headliners play. It's a reference to Harry Potter or Star Wars or the Hobbit or something. 

The two stages face one another. There's toilets and etc in there and food trucks etc alongside. Some people spend the entire festival within this area. I only go for specific bands and have never really had a problem getting out quick afterwards. The seaward side is longer if you are heading to the Primavera stage but usually quicker for Rayban and Pitchfork it's definitely quicker. It depends which of the two stages in Mordor you are watching the far one is a bit of a trek maybe adding 5 minutes but the near one you could get to Pitchfork in about 10 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

Don't really understand that it takes people 15-20 minutes to go from Mordor to Ray-Ban/Primavera. I've never used more than 10 minutes the last four years. Just be smart when you go (go outside the big crowd before the last song, and you'll never have any problems). 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Don't really understand that it takes people 15-20 minutes to go from Mordor to Ray-Ban/Primavera. I've never used more than 10 minutes the last four years. Just be smart when you go (go outside the big crowd before the last song, and you'll never have any problems). 

Crowds, fatigue, personal fitness, etc. It varies for me, but the last time I've been to Mordor last year - I got from Arcade Fire (on the Mango) to Japandroids (on the Primavera) in eight minutes. Just went by tons of people and kept pushing forwards.