Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Hey all. Lurker on here for many years and have been a Prima vet for the last 4. Unfortunately I can't make it this year anymore which is absolutely gutting as this is the best line up of any year I have had tickets for (except 2016 of course!). Would like them to go to a fellow prima lover and I'm loath to putting them on ticket sites so willing to listen to offers. 2 tickets, willing to change the names if necessary, although they never check this on the gate in my experience. PM if interested and have a great time those of you going!

Edited by PrimaPrima

On 5/10/2018 at 3:20 PM, eFestivals said:

easy one, surely?

Always go for the oldie act, as you never know if you'll have the opportunity to see them again.

Luckily I saw Sparks a couple of times touring hello young lovers.

I do think it'll be them. Great band the twilight sad though.

12 hours ago, PrimaPrima said:

Hey all. Lurker on here for many years and have been a Prima vet for the last 4. Unfortunately I can't make it this year anymore which is absolutely gutting as this is the best line up of any year I have had tickets for (except 2016 of course!). Would like them to go to a fellow prima lover and I'm loath to putting them on ticket sites so willing to listen to offers. 2 tickets, willing to change the names if necessary, although they never check this on the gate in my experience. PM if interested and have a great time those of you going!

Social media q better bet than here at this stage. Will be difficult with cost of accommodation though. Good luck shifting it. 

1 hour ago, rhg_99 said:

I also messaged Protomartyr, they opened/read the message but didnt reply....

They ended their European tour this week. And are in the US on new tour at beginning of June so will presumably be home for that. No chance unfortunately.

43 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I'm still a bit gutted about that National/Mogwai clash, I wonder why The National are on so early considering they're the headliners.

You're right. Think this might be the earliest a headliner has ever played. That and the short set - does seem odd.

I suppose they're in London the next day but I didn't think that would be too much of a problem, if it was they surely could have played Thursday instead of one of the other headliners. Disappointed with the short set, especially when they're getting 2 hours at Best Kept Secret the following week.

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I suppose they're in London the next day but I didn't think that would be too much of a problem, if it was they surely could have played Thursday instead of one of the other headliners. Disappointed with the short set, especially when they're getting 2 hours at Best Kept Secret the following week.

Good point. I think you've got to the bottom of it. They need to fly out very early on the Saturday so this short early set allows them to get some sleep before their big APE gig. 

15 minutes ago, tjrant said:

I remember someone saying months ago that there was going to be a stage on the beach? With no stages in town or the Firestone stage could there be an Unexpected Stage? Or could The Hidden Stage hold Unexpected acts?

Xiringuito Aperol is the stage at the beach. So Hidden Stage could have some unexpected stuff.

3 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Xiringuito Aperol is the stage at the beach. So Hidden Stage could have some unexpected stuff.

Hidden Stage could have unexpected stuff when there is nothing playing at Primavera Stage (to avoid noise clash).

8.20pm on Friday would make the most sense. A little suspicious that the second hidden stage act that day is playing later, creating a gap.

2 minutes ago, Long Season said:

Arctics finishing when Jon Hopkins starts is killing me. Whats the odds on making most of Hopkins if I try get to Bacardi stage swiftly? 

sacrificing the last couple of AM songs would make things a lot easier tbh, along with positioning yourself off to the side. last year me and my mates left arcade fire about 20 mins before the end of their set (on the same stage) to get to japandroids at primavera; took us 10 mins just to clear the crowd on the right without the hassle of the set ending. once you're clear of the stage it'll be a 20 min quick walk at a guess.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Long Season said:

Arctics finishing when Jon Hopkins starts is killing me. Whats the odds on making most of Hopkins if I try get to Bacardi stage swiftly? 

I've never been but apparently there's some sort of minibus available which can take you from the main stage to the Barcardi (the route is on the map), might be a easier option. 

1 minute ago, addicted2noise said:

I've never been but apparently there's some sort of minibus available which can take you from the main stage to the Barcardi (the route is on the map), might be a easier option. 

I seriously doubt it. Surely it's going to be queuearama for it straight after the Arctic Monkeys and at peak time.

I think I've got Hidden Stage fatigue. Get on with it!

By the way how pointless is that Seat Village thing. Listen to a DJ playing a random bunch of bands who have played at Primavera or, you know, pop around the corner and actually see these bands live? Tough one.

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

By the way how pointless is that Seat Village thing. Listen to a DJ playing a random bunch of bands who have played at Primavera or, you know, pop around the corner and actually see these bands live? Tough one.

Gabi didn't sound very enthusiastic about on the facebook live thing. Basically said he was doing it for the guy who runs the Exiliados forum who was always bugging him about a DJ stage/tent that was not electronica.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi didn't sound very enthusiastic about on the facebook live thing. Basically said he was doing it for the guy who runs the Exiliados forum who was always bugging him about a DJ stage/tent that was not electronica.

Sounds like a cheap option for Seat to have some extra branding but without having to pay bands.

On a separate note, I was looking forward to seeing Beach House until I remembered that they've disappointed me every time I've seen them play in a non-intimate setting. Their sound just isn't suited to playing big outdoor stages at big festivals. At least three times at Primavera and never at the auditori. An opportunity missed...

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

On a separate note, I was looking forward to seeing Beach House until I remembered that they've disappointed me every time I've seen them play in a non-intimate setting. Their sound just isn't suited to playing big outdoor stages at big festivals. At least three times at Primavera and never at the auditori. An opportunity missed...

Couldn't agree with this more which is so frustrating considering how great their new album is. They were mind blowing the last time they came to Glasgow but I left early at both Primavera 2016 and Paredes De Coura last year. Judging on those past experiences I think I'll probably go see ASAP Rocky instead.

• Upvote 1