Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

It starts with two letters from Le-Lu. Liminanas?

My bet is on Liminanas. They fit perfectly with the festival profile and have played many gigs recently. If so it will be a great addition.

Having sat with the line up a little here are my personal headaches

Twilight Sad vs Sparks

Bjork vs James Holden ( generally worried about intricacies of bjork lost in the big windy space of mordor)

Four tet vs Here Lies Man

Charlotte Gainsborug vs Daphni

Made my peace with missing Thundercat for the National and Vince Staples for Cave.

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

looking at Best Kept Secret the week after, these are all in Europe and free for PS weekend, with no Spanish gigs AFAIK, and fit onto the list:

The Kills  actually not these, the list separates bands with "The" to the T section

Wavves

Alex Cameron

Preoccupations

and if you count them as beginning with "A",  ....And You Will Know Us By Trail of Dead

Alex Cameron is a great shout actually, the P-S one could also be Psychedelic Furs, Shame or Protomartyr while Yaeji, US Girls and Young Fathers are all pretty strong possibilities for the last one. I'd be delighted with any of them to be honest. 

Edited by addicted2noise

15 hours ago, puckno said:

From one Built To Spill fan to another: Thanks for the tip, Any Other is great!

Vaer så god! Incidentally my last Built to Spill show was at Sentrum Scene in Oslo. The joint tour with Dinosaur Jr, fond memories. 

And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead for Hidden stage would be a huge bonus. I was surprised they weren't in the initial announcement given their stop at Best Kept Secret. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

It's a fast vehicle transfer at about 5pm but then queues later in the evening mean it's quicker to walk.

Do you know how often these vehicles run? How many people can get in there etc.? Is there actually some information on the website? I haven't found it, yet. I remember those aching feet after trekking back and forth between the electro-beach area and Mordor, so getting easier transportation there would be great.

12 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Alex Cameron is a great shout actually, the P-S one could also be Psychedelic Furs, Shame or Protomartyr while Yaeji, US Girls and Young Fathers are all pretty strong possibilities for the last one. I'd be delighted with any of them to be honest. 

Great suggestions. Here's hoping.

4 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

not gonna be Shame, I messaged them on fb asking if they're doing a secret set and they replied with ''unfortunately not''

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

easy one, surely?

Always go for the oldie act, as you never know if you'll have the opportunity to see them again.

Luckily I saw Sparks a couple of times touring hello young lovers.

I do think it'll be them. Great band the twilight sad though.

Just now, Gnarler said:

Oooh. Where are you seeing this? That would be great.

Wednesday slot do we think?

I hope not as I'd miss out!

A guy with a seemingly impeccable record of predictions said he was confirmed months back and apparently Rodriguez or his people has said he's playing Barcelona, yet no date on his tour.

There was a suggestion I remember reading that they were struggling with selling tickets.

Just released the stats and obvious they will sell out of the 3-day passes and probably at least 2 of the 3 individual days too 

Good to see festival with a fantastic lineup thriving...