Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Map has been released. Hidden Stage is where the Arcade Fire secret show was last year which means a much bigger capacity than in previous years.

Nothing else that notable. Didn't understand why it said Primavera Pro in the VIP section next to the Hidden Stage. Are there concerts there?

map_2018.png

Looks like the same formula with a few additions.

Also announced that the rest of the Heineken Hidden Stage will be announced in the next few days! they specifically mention the Wednesday evening one so I think we're in for something good.

ALSO! could someone inform me what the Seat transfers are? If there's a way to get from Mordor to Ray-Ban nice and fast I'd be over the moon.

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

map_2018.png

Looks like the same formula with a few additions.

Also announced that the rest of the Heineken Hidden Stage will be announced in the next few days! they specifically mention the Wednesday evening one so I think we're in for something good.

ALSO! could someone inform me what the Seat transfers are? If there's a way to get from Mordor to Ray-Ban nice and fast I'd be over the moon.

It's a fast vehicle transfer at about 5pm but then queues later in the evening mean it's quicker to walk.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

So we still have bands for Hidden that start with one of the following letters:

• ab
  • jkl
  • l
  • pqrs
  • tuvwxyz

The third one should be the easiest to guess

It starts with two letters from Le-Lu. Liminanas?

The fourth one could be Parquet Courts?

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

So we still have bands for Hidden that start with one of the following letters:

• ab
  • jkl
  • l
  • pqrs
  • tuvwxyz

The third one should be the easiest to guess

It starts with two letters from Le-Lu. Liminanas?

Would Loyle Carner be off the mark for this? Would match the Rex Orange County, Tom Misch vibe going on Saturday.

looking at Best Kept Secret the week after, these are all in Europe and free for PS weekend, with no Spanish gigs AFAIK, and fit onto the list:

The Kills  actually not these, the list separates bands with "The" to the T section

Wavves

Alex Cameron

Preoccupations

and if you count them as beginning with "A",  ....And You Will Know Us By Trail of Dead

Edited by ghostdancer1

As seems to be the case for most of us, the clashfinder has not been too scary all things considered. Personally I'm more miffed about Madlib dropping out than anything else, I'm sure that would have been a great set. Main clashes that I'm gutted about are Car Seat Headrest vs Rex Orange County, The War on Drugs vs UMO, and The National vs Jorja Smith. 

As a first timer at Primavera, I was wondering if you folks could help me out r.e distances and how long it takes to get from stage to stage? Judging by the map the triangle of Pitchfork -> Ray-Ban -> Primavera stages seem easily doable in short distances, but going from those three to Mango/Seat seems like a real ball-ache. Let alone how far away the Primavera BITS stages seem from the rest of the festival. 

E.g; Tyler the Creator finishes on Seat stage at 2:30 but I'd love to be at Confidence Man's Ray-Ban set for 2:55, is this doable? There's a decent chunk of UMO's (21:35->22:35) set left after TWoD's (20:50->21:50) set finishes over at Mango stage, but once you factor in the walk over to UMO on Primavera is it still worth it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clakus said:

E.g; Tyler the Creator finishes on Seat stage at 2:30 but I'd love to be at Confidence Man's Ray-Ban set for 2:55, is this doable? There's a decent chunk of UMO's (21:35->22:35) set left after TWoD's (20:50->21:50) set finishes over at Mango stage, but once you factor in the walk over to UMO on Primavera is it still worth it?  

from what I've read, Seat->Ray-Ban and Mango->Primavera should take about 15mins. I'm sure someone else can clarify though.

3 minutes ago, Clakus said:

As seems to be the case for most of us, the clashfinder has not been too scary all things considered. Personally I'm more miffed about Madlib dropping out than anything else, I'm sure that would have been a great set. Main clashes that I'm gutted about are Car Seat Headrest vs Rex Orange County, The War on Drugs vs UMO, and The National vs Jorja Smith. 

As a first timer at Primavera, I was wondering if you folks could help me out r.e distances and how long it takes to get from stage to stage? Judging by the map the triangle of Pitchfork -> Ray-Ban -> Primavera stages seem easily doable in short distances, but going from those three to Mango/Seat seems like a real ball-ache. Let alone how far away the Primavera BITS stages seem from the rest of the festival. 

I’d say it’s around 15 minutes walk from Primavera/Ray-Ban to the Mango stage, maybe a bit quicker when it’s quiet. You’d have no problems making it to Confidence Man and getting a decent enough spot but might be pretty busy at that time for UMO. I never went to Primavera BITS last year but seems like quite a far walk.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

from what I've read, Seat->Ray-Ban and Mango->Primavera should take about 15mins. I'm sure someone else can clarify though.

Yeah that's about it unless it's packed. And surely, if you're quick, you could make it in ten.

4 minutes ago, badsandwich said:

good hopes for the bacardi live bit. always nice to be able to sit on grass instead of concrete

I'm considering getting one of these for sitting on:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MCZEADL/?coliid=I2RA4CL9H8J505&colid=1XT0LH2SWM8DT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

or possibly even one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071WFFQGZ/?coliid=I27WA3TPZVEV7K&colid=1XT0LH2SWM8DT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

either should fit easily into a small bag.

1 minute ago, Clakus said:

as a lady with short legs, from what i remember - from mordor to desperados/bacardi bit is around 25-30 mins with good traffic. rayban to primavera (and vice versa) is an easy 5-10 minutes; rayban/primavera/food market (which is behind primavera) to mordor is usually a 10 min run to a 15 min stroll, but can get congested when the big headliners finish up.