Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 minute ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Unexpected might be in the mordor stages, these ends around 230am. Last year Haim started around 2am

I've always been under the impression they are restricted from using them after 3am  (neighbours complaining presumably) so probably not.

1 hour ago, alansdeepbath said:

Watain vs Dead Cross is annoying, the only two metal bands really playing literally exactly the same time

Lorde vs Jay Som too, that is the big stinker for me (Obvz watch Lorde)

Sumac are metal and very good and so are Zeal and Ardor (kinda). 

3 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Yeah I'd missed them, but looking at the members they will be right up my street!

Yeah Sumac are very Isis/Cult of Luna-esque. They clash with Deerhunter and Beach House though so I'll struggle to see them.  

9 minutes ago, Friend Chicken said:

So how early would we have to get to the Apolo on the Monday to see Ganges? And does La [2] have a separate queue or once you're inside you can go back and forth? Because I really want to see The Men, more than Ganges...

Yeah you can move between the two once you are in. Obviously if La [2] is full you won't be able to get in. 

I don't recall Monday being so busy that you couldn't turn up at 8:00 to 8:15 and not get a good position inside. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Declan said:

Yeah you can move between the two once you are in. Obviously if La [2] is full you won't be able to get in. 

I don't recall Monday being so busy that you couldn't turn up at 8:00 to 8:15 and not get a good position inside. 

Gotta agree with Declan. Most punters came Tuesday/Wednesday last year. the Monday/ tuesday gigs were relatively quiet.

Just now, rhg_99 said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/psmmxviii/

this one is good and has set times under the names of the acts, unlike some of the other clashfinders

several mistakes on this one, times for Desperados are mostly a little off, Day Pro acts are missing on Thursday and some on Friday, still has Madlib and anoter act at 06:50am, Aperol times appear to just be guesses...

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

quite interested in the 70min set on the Hidden stage on Wednesday. all the other Hidden sets are less than 1hr, except for Belly who have exactly 1hr.

i want to believe Nick Cave is reactivating Grinderman for one and only show and no one will convince me otherwise :D

The clash gods have been remarkably kind. I have no real headaches at all. Gutted to miss Mogwai over The National but have tickets to see them later in the year anyhow. Currently looking at this. 

Wednesday 

Spiritualized

Belle and Sebastian 

Mount Kimbie

Thursday

Hinds

Twilight Sad / Sparks / Warpaint

War on Drugs

Unknown Mortal Orchestra 

Bjork (last half)

Nick Cave 

Vince Staples

Chvrches / Nils Frahm

Four Tet 

Friday

The Breeders

Father John Misty

The National

Thundercat 

Cigarettes After Sex 

Ty Segall

Black Madonna

Saturday 

Car Seat Headrest 

Ariel Pink 

Slowdive 

Lorde 

Arctic Monkeys / Deerhunter 

Public Service Broadcasting / Beach House

wednesday - Starcrawler, Spiritualized, Belle and Sebastian

thursday - (sandy) Alex G, The Twilight Sad, The War On Drugs, Bjork/James Holden and the Animal Spirits, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Vince Staples, Nils Frahm, Four Tet, DJ Koze

friday - Waxahatchee, Oumou Sangare, Father John Misty, The National, Thundercat, The Internet, IDLES, Ty Segall, Omni, Hunee b2b Antal/The Black Madonna

saturday - Christina Rosenvinge, Car Seat Headrest, Ariel Pink, Slowdive, Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter/Jon Hopkins, Beach House, Aleksi Perala, Lindstrom

sunday - kero kero bonito, Ariel Pink, Flat Worms