Primavera 2018

Runnerups

42 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Watain vs Dead Cross is annoying, the only two metal bands really playing literally exactly the same time

Lorde vs Jay Som too, that is the big stinker for me (Obvz watch Lorde)

N/M turns out Watain are Nazis, so Dead Cross it is

Avoided some major headaches.

The techno stuff has fallen awkwardly for me but then it was all a nice bonus to going anyway. Palmbomen II at 5pm?  Daphni vs black Madonna at 5am. Also Madlib at 5am? Jesus some very good late shows.

All in all though I'm relieved. 

The National are only scheduled for just over an hour. Does point to them doing a second set IMO. Perhaps they play e.g. Boxer in that gap on the Rayban at about 8pm on the first day?

Also there are gaps of sorts on the Pitchfork on the Saturday night for a smaller band playing unexpected perhaps.

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The National are only scheduled for just over an hour. Does point to them doing a second set IMO. Perhaps they play e.g. Boxer in that gap on the Rayban at about 8pm on the first day?

Also there are gaps of sorts on the Pitchfork on the Saturday night for a smaller band playing unexpected perhaps.

You’ve mentioned Jungle before, they seem like a decent shout for a Pitchfork unexpected slot.

Potentially silly question. This is my first year and just looking back at the map from previous years. Is what was the Heineken stage now the Seat stage? Fingers crossed as this will eliminate a lot of painful decision for me! 

Edited by Han-Tyumi
typo

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

quite interested in the 70min set on the Hidden stage on Wednesday. all the other Hidden sets are less than 1hr, except for Belly who have exactly 1hr.

Last year it was Jarvis Cocker on the Wednesday, and you could only enter with some kind of VIP ticket. Hopefully they won't do that again.

16 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Scrap that, there isn't a gap at the Rayban after all looking at the newer clashfinder nor gaps really at the Pitchfork. 

No big Unexpected performances this year then maybe.

21 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Avoided some major headaches.

The techno stuff has fallen awkwardly for me but then it was all a nice bonus to going anyway. Palmbomen II at 5pm?  Daphni vs black Madonna at 5am. Also Madlib at 5am? Jesus some very good late shows.

All in all though I'm relieved. 

where is Madlib playing? he's supposed to be Thursday but can't see him anywhere then, let alone at 5am...

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Scrap that, there isn't a gap at the Rayban after all looking at the newer clashfinder nor gaps really at the Pitchfork. 

No big Unexpected performances this year then maybe.

Mogwai was across the bridge last year, and I think Haim was really late on Ray-Ban.

2 minutes ago, daveje said:

Mogwai was across the bridge last year, and I think Haim was really late on Ray-Ban.

Yep. Don't think there are the gaps at those stages this year. Though suppose they could use the Xiringuito or new (bigger) Hidden stage.