Primavera 2018

Runnerups

So, my two cents for next week:

-Schedule on Tuesday: what's the point on discussing it on Wednesday if they release it the very same day? If they do so the chat will be filled up with ppl complaining about clashes without taking 2 seconds to analyze the schedule properly. Therefore, Tuesday or even Monday.

-Hidden Stage surprise: An unexpected act playing there would be quite odd since you need a ticket to get in. My bet is that a band already playing outside is going to play another show there, similar to what they did with Arcade Fire last year but without building a new stage. The bigger the band, the worse it will be to get tickets or even to access to the Forum that day -imagine the queue if AM played a 500 people show- so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Nesser said:

So, my two cents for next week:

-Schedule on Tuesday: what's the point on discussing it on Wednesday if they release it the very same day? If they do so the chat will be filled up with ppl complaining about clashes without taking 2 seconds to analyze the schedule properly. Therefore, Tuesday or even Monday.

-Hidden Stage surprise: An unexpected act playing there would be quite odd since you need a ticket to get in. My bet is that a band already playing outside is going to play another show there, similar to what they did with Arcade Fire last year but without building a new stage. The bigger the band, the worse it will be to get tickets or even to access to the Forum that day -imagine the queue if AM played a 500 people show- so we'll see.

700 people

LCD Soundsystem played in front of 1500 lucky people in the BARTS on Tuesday and I barely managed to get the tickets online.

I believe it will have something to do with premiering new stuff, not necessarily headliner-material but that will make a splash, similar to Mogwai.

Father John Misty is already on the lineup and the record is releasing the same day as he plays, so I do not think there will be any additional gigs for that record - he will play a lot of the songs on the already scheduled gig.

Edited by puckno

6 hours ago, puckno said:

Father John Misty is already on the lineup and the record is releasing the same day as he plays, so I do not think there will be any additional gigs for that record - he will play a lot of the songs on the already scheduled gig.

Just like Arcade Fire. That intimate gig still makes tons of sense. 

Ok, maybe you are right. He has already scheduled gigs for all days Fri 25 May through Wed 30 May, in addition to Fri 1 June - Sun 3 June. Thursday 31st is then a possibility for an intimate event, if he is able to play 9 days in row without any rest day. It is a possibility. It would make sense marketing wise as well.

On 4/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, Orens said:

Horarios release dates:

With the timetable being released tomorrow or Wednesday and a couple more Hidden Stage bands coming up this week I feel like today is going to be quiet. 

Getting way too excited having to walk past the Forum every day on my way to work.

• Like 1

On another note...

I assume people have been listening through the lineup and finding some real gems. I'd love some recommendations to try and create even more clashes for myself.

Here are my favourites that I didn't know before:

MONDAY
- Ganges

THURSDAY
- Lee Fields
- YONAKA

FRIDAY
- Omni
- Marion Harper

SATURDAY
- Majid Jordan
- Montero (+SUNDAY)
- Ariel Pink (+SUNDAY)

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Catalan speakers, anything interesting in this interview with Gabi?

https://www.ara.cat/cultura/Gabi-Ruiz-arribem-convertirem-festival_0_2009799060.html

It is pretty interesting, most of the interview focuses on the economic aspect of the organization of the festival, and how this aspect influences which bands are selected to be on the cartel. Gabi says that they don't want to have just old people to attend PS, and he wants to choose the right music to gain more young people. He says that's difficult, there are so many aspects that need to be considered. There are many festivals that are getting bigger and PS needs to stay competitive, keeping its autonomy and independence. And they want to keep offering the great quality and variety of music as always. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Facebook Live confirmed for tomorrow (12:00) with Gabi to talk about time table etc., so we should have the time table before that.  

Anyone have a sense/knowledge of whether it will be today or in the morning tomorrow? The Facebook live is 11am GMT incidentally. 

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Anyone have a sense/knowledge of whether it will be today or in the morning tomorrow? The Facebook live is 11am GMT incidentally. 

They usually post stuff around 12 (11 GMT), so seems like we don't get anything before tomorrow. Maybe it's published at the same time the FB Live is starting?

Is this chat with Gabi about the timetable a normal thing?

I feel like it's a pretty great thing for a festival to stare down the barrel of a gun and address why they chose to stagger the artists in a certain way. Hopefully, we'll get some clarification on the hidden stage process this year too.

Would love for them to improve the walk between Mordor and the smaller stages. Battling the crowds to get from Bon Iver to Death Grips last year was intense.