Primavera 2018

Runnerups

my friend and I are gonna be staying on Carrer de Pablo Iglesias, in the Nou Barris/Verdum region as are staying at a friend's apartment for free!! Anyone know what the easiest/quickest route to the festival site is? Google maps is saying its an hour and a half walk which  is a bit much.

When I went in 2016 we stayed near La Sagrada Familia and so just walked in but im unsure this time. I know there is a tram/train that goes outisde the Parc but we never used it in 2016 so not sure where it runs to etc.

@Gnarler, any help would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

Edited by rhg_99

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Perhaps...

• Amaya Laucirica
  • CONFIRMEDBelly
  • Josh T Pearson
  • La Plata/Las Odio/Luna
  • CONFIRMEDLee Fields
  • Screaming Females/Rodriguez
  • SEMI-CONFIRMEDYves Tumor

I will say that Josh T Pearson is more than likely, as he already will be in Barcelona: his old band Lift To Experience is already on the lineup for Saturday!

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

https://www.tmb.cat/en

You're the wrong side of town. Looks like 45 minutes at least on public transport with a couple of changes.

I can deal with that mate, I'm a broke  university student so the chance to stay somewhere for free was too good to turn down. Also seems we're staying right by a metro station which is handy. Long public transport journeys are alright with me! Metro seems to be the best option

Edited by rhg_99

8 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

I can deal with that mate, I'm a broke  university student so the chance to stay somewhere for free was too good to turn down. Also seems we're staying right by a metro station which is handy. Long public transport journeys are alright with me! Metro seems to be the best option

Sorry pal, didn't mean it as a criticism and would have jumped at the chance. Barca accommodation expensive these days. Yeah metro with changes looks good.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

Are there any lockers or storage facilities on site? Would like to take a dip in the ocean by the beach stages but don't really want to leave our stuff unattended in the sand...

there's a cloakroom by the entrance apparently, and last time i went there were lockers by the entrance to the beachy bit too (where you can also hire a beach towel - i assume it'll be the same this year) :sungum:

Just now, badsandwich said:

there's a cloakroom by the entrance apparently, and last time i went there were lockers by the entrance to the beachy bit too (where you can also hire a beach towel - i assume it'll be the same this year) :sungum:

I think that they changed something this year and maybe there won't be cloakrooms or such this time 

16 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Can anyone recommend any cool, unusual things to do before or after the festival in the city? We're doing a couple of the touristy things already - visiting Espanyol football club (Nou Camp tour seems wildly overpriced) and La Sagrada Familia - would be cool to have some unusual but less touristy things to see as well.

NB post re football not music

Rather than a sterile stadium tour, you might be interested in seeing a game. The first division will have finished but it's the last day of the regular season in Segunda and Barcelona B play Zaragoza, it's possible that both teams will be fighting for something (FCB B to stay up, ZGZ to get in play off).

There may also be a play-off game in 2B or 3 in the greater Barcelona area. At the moment Cornella, Badalona, Sant Andreu (a classic BCN barrio team), Terrassa, Espanyol B and Hospitalet are all in the mix. The Sunday evening gigs aren't great this year (imo) so if there's a decent game on I might head there.

5 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

my friend and I are gonna be staying on Carrer de Pablo Iglesias, in the Nou Barris/Verdum region as are staying at a friend's apartment for free!! Anyone know what the easiest/quickest route to the festival site is? Google maps is saying its an hour and a half walk which  is a bit much.

When I went in 2016 we stayed near La Sagrada Familia and so just walked in but im unsure this time. I know there is a tram/train that goes outisde the Parc but we never used it in 2016 so not sure where it runs to etc.

@Gnarler, any help would be much appreciated :rolleyes:

Hey friend. Like @xxialac said, It'll be the metro for 45 minutes. If you want, you could rent a bike for a few days but that's expensive and not as relaxing as a metro full of people.

That neighbourhood is nice and quiet though. Away from everything but quiet.

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Hey friend. Like @xxialac said, It'll be the metro for 45 minutes. If you want, you could rent a bike for a few days but that's expensive and not as relaxing as a metro full of people.

That neighbourhood is nice and quiet though. Away from everything but quiet. 

great, thanks a lot for your help !

There will be a surprise show at the hidden, so I'd say we should get two more hidden acts on each Monday and Tuesday, then horarios on Wednesday. Besides planning, we'll also be able to start estimating schedule gaps for unexpected acts (just like last year we already knew something's up at the Ray-Ban and that Bits stage).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

I hope the Nils Frahm/Nick Cave and Fever Ray/Bjork clashes on the timetable that's currently up on clashfinder don't materialise, along with Four Tet they're the main acts I'm looking forward to on the Thursday 

Yes there will be horror clashes but I wouldn’t read anything into that clashfinder. Too many stages and acts, it’s impossible to guess who will play when.

The Saturday has about 13 acts I  want to see so realistic that going to have to give some up. Would rather have too much choice than not enough choice!

• Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Random question but how do you cope with the heat there? Is there much shade around or do you just have to soak yourself in sunscreen? 

It’s rarely that hot, it starts at 5ish so you escape most of what heat there is.

Usually it’s just pleasantly warm though need an extra layer from midnight.

• Downvote 2

Just now, xxialac said:

It’s rarely that hot, it starts at 5ish so you escape most of what heat there is.

Usually it’s just pleasantly warm though need an extra layer from midnight.

Actually sometimes it's very hot during the day. Usually I go around on a t-shirt, Spain can be pretty hot in spring. I would recommend to bring a sunscreen or a hat if you aren't used to hot direct sunlight during the year, or for the more delicate skin types. After sunset the air tends to become more freshier, due to the Forum being on the seaside, and during the night the temperature go down at least five degrees. Just take a jacket or a sweater with you and you're done 

12 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

Actually sometimes it's very hot during the day. Usually I go around on a t-shirt, Spain can be pretty hot in spring. I would recommend to bring a sunscreen or a hat if you aren't used to hot direct sunlight during the year, or for the more delicate skin types. After sunset the air tends to become more freshier, due to the Forum being on the seaside, and during the night the temperature go down at least five degrees. Just take a jacket or a sweater with you and you're done 

I meant it’s rarely that hot that you have to seek shade as was asked in the question. 

Its May, not August and it’s evening not midday sun.

• Downvote 2