Primavera 2018

Runnerups

4 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

You're So Dark is from One for the Road EP that was released in 2013. It is not in the new album. They just played it for the first time since they have never played it in AM tour

Fair enough, I bow to your superior knowledge!

I don't know what to expect from their set TBH. I wasn't too enamoured with AM but willing to give it a try if they're the best option on at the time.

Can anyone recommend any cool, unusual things to do before or after the festival in the city? We're doing a couple of the touristy things already - visiting Espanyol football club (Nou Camp tour seems wildly overpriced) and La Sagrada Familia - would be cool to have some unusual but less touristy things to see as well.

9 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

Courtney Barnett? Netherlands on the Thursday, Glasgow on the Saturday - the Friday is surely possible?

Ah, I thought for some reason she was completely ruled out but if that's her tour then I can certainly see her making an appearance. She's exactly the right size at the moment and has played before. 

I'm really hoping for Soulwax (as someone mentioned above), they're playing APE the weekend before and have a new(ish) album out in June. They would be great on the Saturday. 

15 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Ah, I thought for some reason she was completely ruled out but if that's her tour then I can certainly see her making an appearance. She's exactly the right size at the moment and has played before. 

I'm really hoping for Soulwax (as someone mentioned above), they're playing APE the weekend before and have a new(ish) album out in June. They would be great on the Saturday. 

Although normally I'd think Courtney Barnett is a solid booking for them, it would mean she's be playing gigs for something like 7 days in a row, tough when you're flying around. She's only human and that sounds a bit unlikely to me...

Can anyone recommend any cool, unusual things to do before or after the festival in the city? We're doing a couple of the touristy things already - visiting Espanyol football club (Nou Camp tour seems wildly overpriced) and La Sagrada Familia - would be cool to have some unusual but less touristy things to see as well.

I did Camp Nou in 2006 and the tour and museum is brilliant to be honest.  I can't remember the price like. Never known anyone to tour espanyols ground but my hunch is the price difference is probably justified. 

Park Guell has some very interesting architecture in it and is free so that's a bonus. 

Hi, I have been living in the city for a couple of years so I hope I can give you some gems.

Bunkers Del Carmel - Really cool place that all the trendy websites have jumped onto recently. Can walk up from Alfons X metro or get the bus from Via Laietana. It's a bit far out but you get the best view of the city without many tourists. 

Montjuic - This is my favourite place in the city. A smaller 'mountain' on the south side of the city. you'll get to walk through the botanical gardens, see the old castle they used to watch for Spanish and French boats during the Civil War and there's a HUGE cemetery with about 50,000 graves in there - never any tourists here. You can also take a look at the Olympic park if that is for you.You can walk up form Paral-lel metro or get the cable car up using the same public transport ticket (T-10)

Basilica of Santa Maria Del Mar - This church is not as grand or famous as Sagrada Familia but it's right in the centre of the city, free to get in and super beautiful. No queues to get in either and if you'd like, you can pay 8eur to go up the tower and get a really cool view of the city

Hotel Barcelo Raval - fancy hotel in an interesting part of town. - Just walk in and get the lift to the roof and you can get a really nice view of the city (Be warned: beers are about 6eur for a copa). I really recommend the Raval neighbourhood though. Cheap restaurants, excellent museums, record shops like Disco Revolver and most importantly MACBA. If you're interested in skating you'll have the best time just sitting in Kino(great restaurant that does tapas and burgers) and watching the best skaters in the world. Luis Romero who won SLS Trick of the Year is a local and there almost every day.

Museums to go to - CCCB, Museu del Disseny, Picasso Museum, La Virreina Centre de la Imatge.

Sorry if this went on. Feel free to ask if you want more specific stuff.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Gnarler said:

Also, seems like Ezra Furman only canceled the Brixton date.

Can anybody tell me if we have the all clear for Primavera?

Can't say for sure but surely his people would have said by now if more dates were affected. Looks good!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Can't say for sure but surely his people would have said by now if more dates were affected. Looks good!

Excellent. now just to pray for him not to clash with Nick Cave when the times come out next week.

Edited by Gnarler
Spelling and capital letters

I'm guessing the answer is no, like most festivals, but is it possible to collect a wristband for someone on the Wednesday with them not there?

I'll be there for Wednesday evening gigs, but my friend doesn't fly in until late that night, so wouldn't be able to get his wristband until Thursday. would be great if I could get it for him and just give it to him, rather than him having to queue on Thursday.

The tickets were bought through Ticketmaster fwiw

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'm guessing the answer is no, like most festivals, but is it possible to collect a wristband for someone on the Wednesday with them not there?

I'll be there for Wednesday evening gigs, but my friend doesn't fly in until late that night, so wouldn't be able to get his wristband until Thursday. would be great if I could get it for him and just give it to him, rather than him having to queue on Thursday.

The tickets were bought through Ticketmaster fwiw

No!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

Hi, I have been living in the city for a couple of years so I hope I can give you some gems.

Bunkers Del Carmel - Really cool place that all the trendy websites have jumped onto recently. Can walk up from Alfons X metro or get the bus from Via Laietana. It's a bit far out but you get the best view of the city without many tourists. 

Montjuic - This is my favourite place in the city. A smaller 'mountain' on the south side of the city. you'll get to walk through the botanical gardens, see the old castle they used to watch for Spanish and French boats during the Civil War and there's a HUGE cemetery with about 50,000 graves in there - never any tourists here. You can also take a look at the Olympic park if that is for you.You can walk up form Paral-lel metro or get the cable car up using the same public transport ticket (T-10)

Basilica of Santa Maria Del Mar - This church is not as grand or famous as Sagrada Familia but it's right in the centre of the city, free to get in and super beautiful. No queues to get in either and if you'd like, you can pay 8eur to go up the tower and get a really cool view of the city

Hotel Barcelo Raval - fancy hotel in an interesting part of town. - Just walk in and get the lift to the roof and you can get a really nice view of the city (Be warned: beers are about 6eur for a copa). I really recommend the Raval neighbourhood though. Cheap restaurants, excellent museums, record shops like Disco Revolver and most importantly MACBA. If you're interested in skating you'll have the best time just sitting in Kino(great restaurant that does tapas and burgers) and watching the best skaters in the world. Luis Romero who won SLS Trick of the Year is a local and there almost every day.

Museums to go to - CCCB, Museu del Disseny, Picasso Museum, La Virreina Centre de la Imatge.

Sorry if this went on. Feel free to ask if you want more specific stuff.

Whoops, it was Tiago Lemos who skates at Macba. My mistake.