Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, Clakus said:

Noticed a nice little Primavera shaped hole in The The's European tour schedule... now that would really ice the cake

They're free on the 31st so could technically play Unexpected.

Seems very unlikely but agree would be a brilliant add.

32 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Can't site the source but Ezra Furman is about to postpone some UK dates.. Hopefully, he doesn't drop out, but it doesn't look good. 

Really? I have tickets to see him in Brixton.

Just checked on contingency gigs and Car Seat Headrest and Phoebe Bridgers are both sold out too.

Edited by tjrant

5 hours ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Can't site the source but Ezra Furman is about to postpone some UK dates.. Hopefully, he doesn't drop out, but it doesn't look good. 

Could it be poor sales? Albert hall not sold out in mcr. He Tours an awful lot, demand could subside? Think the new one is comfortably worse than the last two also. Maybe booked big venues and not had the momentum expected?

Just speculating of course I don't have any info that your source might.

17 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Could it be poor sales? Albert hall not sold out in mcr. He Tours an awful lot, demand could subside? Think the new one is comfortably worse than the last two also. Maybe booked big venues and not had the momentum expected?

Just speculating of course I don't have any info that your source might.

The rumours are sadly true!

They are rescheduling the London date due to a 'family matter'...

Not sure about PS yet though.

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

Arctic Monkeys just had their first concert after 4 years in San Diego, California. Three of the songs from the new album had their live debut yesterday as well. You can watch a fan-recorded livestream audio/video from instagram: https://www.instagram.com/strangedaysindeed/ from app or from youtube: https://youtu.be/1H6-q59gZ44

Thanks for that. Some better recordings up now too.

Edited by OneLittleFish

I truly don't know what I think of it. 'You're so Dark' feels a bit pointless seeing as how we've got the real, better Nick Cave on the bill already.

It'll either be a really interesting set or massively boring. Don't want to put my money on which one untill the new album comes out tbh.

40 minutes ago, OneLittleFish said:

It'll either be a really interesting set or massively boring. Don't want to put my money on which one untill the new album comes out tbh.

I agree. Based on the previous times I’ve seen them I’m leaning towards the latter but the talk of the new album being so different is making want to give them another go live.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I agree. Based on the previous times I’ve seen them I’m leaning towards the latter but the talk of the new album being so different is making want to give them another go live.

I've seen them twice - first time they were brilliant, much less so the second time.

It'll depend on who else is playing at the same time.

1 hour ago, OneLittleFish said:

I've seen them twice - first time they were brilliant, much less so the second time.

It'll depend on who else is playing at the same time.

I'm thinking of giving their new album a swerve altogether before seeing them at primavera, it might make their set a bit more engaging. 

55 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Bit of an aside but bloody hell Protomartyr are good and will be missed. The new one out today features Kim Deal. 

Love them. I also like Preoccupations' latest album and really hope they will play hidden stage this year 

7 hours ago, OneLittleFish said:

I truly don't know what I think of it. 'You're so Dark' feels a bit pointless seeing as how we've got the real, better Nick Cave on the bill already.

You're So Dark is from One for the Road EP that was released in 2013. It is not in the new album. They just played it for the first time since they have never played it in AM tour