Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 hours ago, Blank Expression said:

Surely too big but could the L be LCD Soundsystem

Won't be available during the Primavera weekend, will play Sonar instead. Also, they already played a small "surprise" gig two years ago, so Primavera will be criticized for retreading one again.

LCD at the Hidden would have been a smaller gig this time around (capacity of 700 people instead of 1500), making it even more impossible getting tickets to it. Jeez, I was so lucky to get the ticket in 2016...

2 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

Does anybody have any suggestions about how to be able to pick a ticket for the hidden stage? For example, what's the better moment to show up at the info desk? I've never been able to get one 

The earlier, the better your chance. Unless you are completely desperate to see the band, I wouldn't bother with the extra stress of getting tickets. Time in the queue is time that could be spent doing other fun stuff and the hidden stage bands will inevitably clash with loads of other good bands.

2 hours ago, Blank Expression said:

Other one I was thinking Young Fathers?

Also first time this year, what’s the queue like to pick wristbands up on the Wednesday if anyone knows?

Much better than on Thursday. The earlier you show up, the shorter it will be. 

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's pretty sad that for the fest time in forever there is no "classic album played in full".

Be great if Hidden could address this.

I'd probably call spiritualized in the auditorium the classic album performance. Every man and his dog queuing up for that on Wednesday

6 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I'd probably call spiritualized in the auditorium the classic album performance. Every man and his dog queuing up for that on Wednesday

I don’t follow the logic here at all. And half the people in the Forum will be ticketless and won’t be allowed in.

45 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Unless you are completely desperate to see the band, I wouldn't bother with the extra stress of getting tickets. Time in the queue is time that could be spent doing other fun stuff and the hidden stage bands will inevitably clash with loads of other good bands.

Seconded. I got Hidden Stage tickets one time, for Bob Mould doing a solo set, and since I had queued I figured I'd get a ticket for the other band, who I didn't know, and who shall remain nameless. Bob was great as always, and a couple of hours later I went back for the second band, who kept everyone waiting for more than 20 minutes before they made their entitled way onto the stage. And they were crap. Complete waste of time, lesson learned!

17 minutes ago, Chopman said:

It's not ladies and gents . Played twice in scandi end of last year with this set up and set was career spanning

36 minutes ago, daveje said:

Seconded. I got Hidden Stage tickets one time, for Bob Mould doing a solo set, and since I had queued I figured I'd get a ticket for the other band, who I didn't know, and who shall remain nameless. Bob was great as always, and a couple of hours later I went back for the second band, who kept everyone waiting for more than 20 minutes before they made their entitled way onto the stage. And they were crap. Complete waste of time, lesson learned!

Thanks for the replies, it must be some band that I am willing to see in a sort of desperate way :)