Primavera 2018

Runnerups

8 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Do we think we'll get set times this week then? That would ease the pain of this particular Monday

The fact we haven't even got the Pitchfork stage names suggests they are a bit behind schedule this year. I'd guess set times now more like second week of May.

Belly is a great call! 

2 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Twitter page replied to someone saying times are usually one month before the festival.  Suppose all we can conclude if the social media guys haven't been given a date yet 

Horarios release dates:

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

How does the Hidden stage work? Just like all the other stages?

Oh no. Capacity is very limited (capacity 700. Two gigs per day (5pm, 7.30pm) but you have to queue up to get a ticket when festival opens each day at 4pm or whatever. This is how it has worked in previous years anyway. Worth making the effort if there's someone you like playing.

• Upvote 1

I like aot Alex Lahey but she's having an intense US/Canada west coast tour during Primavera.

Performing Tuesday in Portland, Wednesday in Vancouver, Thursday in Barcelona, Saturday in San Diego and Sunday in Phoenix isn't ideal, to say the least.

Unless I'm misreading it, it seems like they have abandoned indie gigs on the Friday and Saturday afternoons i.e. bands playing the Forum who double up elsewhere as they have had for years and years.

Plus no auditori del forum on Friday and Saturday.

For all the good points of this year, both of these feel like downgrades.

8 hours ago, xxialac said:

Unless I'm misreading it, it seems like they have abandoned indie gigs on the Friday and Saturday afternoons i.e. bands playing the Forum who double up elsewhere as they have had for years and years.

Oh yeah, that's kinda sad. But my guess is they are focusing on trying to get people down to the Parc del Forum earlier with the Primavera Bits stuff, so that they can make more money on the bars and food stalls onsite. Especially on the first day with Four Tet and Daphni. 

5 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Oh yeah, that's kinda sad. But my guess is they are focusing on trying to get people down to the Parc del Forum earlier with the Primavera Bits stuff, so that they can make more money on the bars and food stalls onsite. Especially on the first day with Four Tet and Daphni. 

Yeah you're right, just wish they had some guitar-led music somewhere in the afternoon too. It's going to take the most unbelievable stamina to do the Forum from 12pm until the early hours the next day (OK perhaps if you can pop back to a nearby hotel to recharge).

9 hours ago, xxialac said:

Agreed that is worrying. Twilight Sad in the park a few years ago was one of the highlights of that year.  

But there was less of it anyway after the move to CCCB. I guess Primavera Pro Day will still be on. 

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

There looks like Primavera Pro will be bringing guitar music to CCCB

https://pro.primaverasound.com/news/view/id/232

Listening to In the Endless Zanhyang We Are they're very good. 

But there was less of it anyway after the move to CCCB. I guess Primavera Pro Day will still be on. 

True. That said, the likes of Julien Baker, Andy Shauf, Hiss Golden Messenger, Ex Hex, Twilight Sad etc have been some of the bands playing the Fri/Sat afternoon gigs over the years and obviously it's all subjective as to the quality vs the Primavera Pro lot but those types of names are certainly much bigger draws.