Primavera 2018

Runnerups

7 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Is there much difference between the Pitchfork, Primavera and Ray Ban stages with regards to size or preference?

Not very much. Pitchfork is the smallest. Primavera is a little bigger, and the Ray Ban is a kinda cool scene with amphitheater. I will guess that the Primavera and Ray Ban has the same audience limit. 

12 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

Not very much. Pitchfork is the smallest. Primavera is a little bigger, and the Ray Ban is a kinda cool scene with amphitheater. I will guess that the Primavera and Ray Ban has the same audience limit. 

They're all pretty good. Ray Ban has the magic of the Mediterranean backdrop, stairs for seating and fantastic views everywhere. Tends to be relatively uncrowded until late and then very crowded.

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

They're all pretty good. Ray Ban has the magic of the Mediterranean backdrop, stairs for seating and fantastic views everywhere. Tends to be relatively uncrowded until late and then very crowded.

The terraces are ace, go there for one of the sunset concerts.

Also worth mentioning that the Pitchfork stage is curated in co-ordination with Pitchfork. That is the festival's lone stage which isn't fully curated by the team itself.

On 4/14/2018 at 7:02 AM, Olivedal 1904 said:

https:///s/psmmxviii/

I wish this was the real time schedule!

Watain/Deerhunter clash and partial clash UMO/TWOD but the rest looks really good. 

Having to choose between The National/Thudercat and Mogwai/Shellac would devastate me! I suppose because of the quality of the lineup this will be a reality. 

2 hours ago, Swanmob said:

Having to choose between The National/Thudercat and Mogwai/Shellac would devastate me! I suppose because of the quality of the lineup this will be a reality. 

These simulated timetables are a bit silly.

The main purpose of having a timetable is to see who clashes but this is all guesswork at this stage.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, timeforheroes said:

Just had a look for upcoming releases. Not loads actually, but a few.

April 6th

Hinds

Ross From Friends EP

Tom Misch

Unknown Mortal Orchestra

April 13th

Confidence Man

May 4th

DJ Koze

Jon Hopkins

May 11th

Beach House

May 25th

Chvrches

Father John Misty is releasing his next album on Friday, June 1st (the day he plays PS). Oneohtrix Point Never will release that same day but is scheduled to perform on the Saturday.

Obviously Arctic Monkeys on May 11th, plus The Sea and Cake that day.

Chromeo, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever will release on June 15th, so expect to hear new material.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Father John Misty has two new songs. Bit underwhelmed by them at first listen, feels like re-treading too much old territory, but might be growers.

Regardless, he's a spellbinding performer.

From what I've read the album is just a collection of tracks rather than any sort of project or new artistic direction so I wouldn't expect anything too groundbreaking from it. That being said it's still really good seeing someone of his caliber being able to release a record so quickly after his last. 

12 minutes ago, MatheauWillis said:

From what I've read the album is just a collection of tracks rather than any sort of project or new artistic direction so I wouldn't expect anything too groundbreaking from it. That being said it's still really good seeing someone of his caliber being able to release a record so quickly after his last. 

I'm quite confused by this. 

It appears to be a new album. How is a new album different from a collection of tracks?

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm quite confused by this. 

It appears to be a new album. How is a new album different from a collection of tracks?

"He went on to describe his last two albums as “pretentious” and “squarely concept records”, stating that his next LP will instead have “kinda spritely BPMs”."

I didn't say it wasn't a new album, I said that from what I've read he's not taking a new artistic direction therefore not to expect anything groundbreaking as you stated that you were underwhelmed by the two tracks released today.

Can't find the quote as it was from a video but to paraphrase he said the new songs stick to a more traditional verse/chorus structure closer to 'Fear Fun' than 'Pure Comedy' and going by the 3 singles he's released you would probably have to agree.

1 hour ago, MatheauWillis said:

"He went on to describe his last two albums as “pretentious” and “squarely concept records”, stating that his next LP will instead have “kinda spritely BPMs”."

I didn't say it wasn't a new album, I said that from what I've read he's not taking a new artistic direction therefore not to expect anything groundbreaking as you stated that you were underwhelmed by the two tracks released today.

Can't find the quote as it was from a video but to paraphrase he said the new songs stick to a more traditional verse/chorus structure closer to 'Fear Fun' than 'Pure Comedy' and going by the 3 singles he's released you would probably have to agree.

Fair points.

I'll be arriving in Barcelona on Monday and probably try to catch the show for The Men that evening. I'm guessing it'll be possible to pickup wristbands for the fest that evening? Also, any recommendations for good bars/restaurants near the fest?

Also, does Sunday usually have anything worth sticking around for shows? I was possibly doing a day trip to Montserrat Sunday, but if there's enough going on I might switch it to another day. Thanks in advance!

Edited by ThisIsHappening

7 hours ago, ThisIsHappening said:

I'll be arriving in Barcelona on Monday and probably try to catch the show for The Men that evening. I'm guessing it'll be possible to pickup wristbands for the fest that evening? Also, any recommendations for good bars/restaurants near the fest?

Also, does Sunday usually have anything worth sticking around for shows? I was possibly doing a day trip to Montserrat Sunday, but if there's enough going on I might switch it to another day. Thanks in advance!

The Sunday afternoon and evening lineup are on the official site. Both are in town and very good lineups this year. Atmosphere is great.