Primavera 2018

Runnerups

42 minutes ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Already counting down the days to my first Primavera. Anyone else going with a hostel? I figured I’d stick with the music theme with Rock Palace

My girlfriend and I are staying there too :) I've never been to PS before but I stayed at that hostel the last time I was in Barcelona on holiday and it's great. Super social atmosphere, loads of space, and a tiny little pool on the roof. Looking forward to lunchtime beers in the pool while we recover from the night before!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, offmytrolley said:

My girlfriend and I are staying there too :) I've never been to PS before but I stayed at that hostel the last time I was in Barcelona on holiday and it's great. Super social atmosphere, loads of space, and a tiny little pool on the roof. Looking forward to lunchtime beers in the pool while we recover from the night before!

Looks like the perfect spot between the bar and pool (and can’t be the location). I’ll be sure to get you two a round of drinks. 

11 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

What exactly is Dekmantel Soundsystem and what are some good listening recommendations? The Primavera website doesn't feature any tracks. 

If you use Spotify then this playlist is worth a listen, it's unofficial but seems to have most of the lineup on it:

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The more I probe, the more I realise the lineup is absolutely stacked.

Crazy to think they are going to add more names via Hidden and Unexpected.

I've come across a lot of bad (sounds it to me) monotone dance music on the spotify playlist but you're right there are a lot of gems sprinkled through. Is there a specific dance music stage that I can keep clear of? :)

2 hours ago, Swanmob said:

I've come across a lot of bad (sounds it to me) monotone dance music on the spotify playlist but you're right there are a lot of gems sprinkled through. Is there a specific dance music stage that I can keep clear of? :)

The dance music is generally a 15 minute walk away in its own section across a bridge so no need to engage with it all if preferred.

• Downvote 2

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

The dance music is generally a 15 minute walk away in its own section across a bridge so no need to engage with it all if preferred.

Thanks. Any bands stand out for you so far? Of the bands I didn't know too much about/anything about before the announcement Zeal and Ardor, Anna von Hausswolff, Thundercat and Idles sound interesting to me.