Primavera 2018

Runnerups

4 minutes ago, D-Low said:

Shame to see them roping off a front section. Hopefully it will still allow us pretty close. I know there's so much more to see on the other stages but there's a few bands on the line up I'd presume would be playing the main stages so bit of a bummer to learn we'll be sectioned off.

You've asked people to give up their time to answer a question for you  - which they do - but then you don't properly read the answers.

Got some stage questions please.

How do the sizes of heineken mango and primavera compare? I last went in 13 when heineken and Atp were side by side which didn't really work nut it was exceptionally windy.

Loved the old atp stage  in 2011 and 12 shame it isn't there anymore.

Obv Rayban is the same still. Guessing pitchfork is too? 

Pretty sure others are new or new names now. 

40 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Got some stage questions please.

How do the sizes of heineken mango and primavera compare? I last went in 13 when heineken and Atp were side by side which didn't really work nut it was exceptionally windy.

Loved the old atp stage  in 2011 and 12 shame it isn't there anymore.

Obv Rayban is the same still. Guessing pitchfork is too? 

Pretty sure others are new or new names now. 

Yeah I miss the lovely old ATP stage.

Rayban and Pitchfork are indeed the same.

What was the old Heineken and ATP has a different (better) configuration since 2013 and they alternate so no sound issues.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Friend Chicken said:

For those of you who have attended the Monday shows, how early does one need to show up? (Not VIP) Flight lands at 3:55pm and wondering whether to stay close/walking distance to the Apolo or more by Plaza Catalunya. 

Placa Catalunya is a couple of stops from the Apolo and better overall for the Forum. 

I don't think there'll be much of a problem with the Monday show if you pitch up @ 7 or 8 pm - they haven't seemed like full houses the last two years. 

In response to the BITS line-up, do you think we'll receive another announcement?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of "Live" act's for that live stage they had last year. Fourtet and Floating Points live will be on RayBan or Primavera stages I imagine (maybe even a Main Stage appearance?).

Was a bit excited by Hercules and Love Affair getting announced for APE, and was wondering if they'd make the trip over? Maybe too big for that stage though?

Field Day have done well creating a line up after getting duped by APE too. Erykah Badu is a nice surprise. 

15 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

In response to the BITS line-up, do you think we'll receive another announcement?

There doesn't seem to be a lot of "Live" act's for that live stage they had last year. Fourtet and Floating Points live will be on RayBan or Primavera stages I imagine (maybe even a Main Stage appearance?).

Was a bit excited by Hercules and Love Affair getting announced for APE, and was wondering if they'd make the trip over? Maybe too big for that stage though?

Field Day have done well creating a line up after getting duped by APE too. Erykah Badu is a nice surprise. 

Doubt we will get many more names in the next three months other than a few BITS as you say.

There will be Hidden (Rodriguez?) and Unexpected (Phoenix?) to look forward to so still room for some lineup bolstering.

Edited by xxialac

16 hours ago, D-Low said:

This talk of VIP has concerned me. On the last page it mentioned about getting easy access to the front for shows. Does Primavera hold a similar style event to British Summertime where you have to pay extra to go to the front where there's a massive barrier that prevents GA ticket holders going anywhere near the front? or is it just purely easier access?

The atmosphere at British Summertime based on this was truly awful. Hope it's not the same here (will be my first year)

No its not like BST. 

I've never paid VIP and been at the front on all the main stages. 

There is priority entrance at some of the city gigs and the auditori. So if it's full and you don't have VIP you won't get in. Again this hasn't been a problem when I've got there early. 

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

Doubt we will get many more names in the next three months other than a few BITS as you say.

There will be Hidden (Rodriguez?) and Unexpected (Phoenix?) to look forward to so still room for some lineup bolstering.

Josh T Pearson's current dates would make him another prime contender.

• Upvote 1

On 04/02/2018 at 7:23 PM, xxialac said:

You've asked people to give up their time to answer a question for you  - which they do - but then you don't properly read the answers.

I did read your answer. You said:

Half the space for VIP,  half for GA.
Only for the two main stages which don’t have that many gigs on them compared to the total.
If you were totally committed you’d still be able to get near the front.

From your response I gathered that it does get sectioned off.

It's been clarified by Declan now anyway.

49 minutes ago, D-Low said:

I did read your answer. You said:

Half the space for VIP,  half for GA.
Only for the two main stages which don’t have that many gigs on them compared to the total.
If you were totally committed you’d still be able to get near the front.

From your response I gathered that it does get sectioned off.

It's been clarified by Declan now anyway.

You're right, my answer could have been better worded though if the space was split 50/50 horizontally  (not vertically as I was implying) then you still wouldn't be able to get near the front. You'd be in row 51 out of 100 at best. Sorry for being an arse all the same.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, timeforheroes said:

Who is in the running for the Thursday Auditori do we think?  At a scan I came up with

Johann Johansson 

Sparks

Art Ensemble of Chicago

Anna von Hausswolff?

Few names I've never heard too so they might be suitable too.

Yes, think you've nailed it.

Annoying that Cigarettes after Sex, Jane Birkin and Lift to Experience can't play the Auditori now.

• Upvote 1