Primavera 2018

Runnerups

1 hour ago, Hannah990 said:

I was under the impression that the whole festival site is open Tuesday to Sunday. Is it just venue shows that happen on the Tuesday and Sunday?

Yes that's correct.

- Monday and Tuesday: shows at the Apolo (2 venues)
- Wednesday: shows in the forum (1 stage, open to everyone for free) + afternoon show at Auditorium + late shows at Apolo
- Thursday to Saturday is the main part of the festival, with many stages in the forum (+ a couple shows in 2 auditoriums) 
- Sunday night: shows in different venues in the city, including Apolo (nothing in the forum)

Edited by clement75009

After giving 5 minutes of careful consideration I decided to pull the trigger and book a flight for Primavera. I apologize because I’m sure it’s been covered, but is the VIP for this worth it? With the GA price increase it’s not a whole lot more at this point. Thanks in advance!

Edited by ThisIsHappening

10 hours ago, clement75009 said:

Yes that's correct.

- Monday and Tuesday: shows at the Apolo (2 venues)
- Wednesday: shows in the forum (1 stage, open to everyone for free) + afternoon show at Auditorium + late shows at Apolo
- Thursday to Saturday is the main part of the festival, with many stages in the forum (+ a couple shows in 2 auditoriums) 
- Sunday night: shows in different venues in the city, including Apolo (nothing in the forum)

Fuck!!! Ah I've wasted money booking extra days. Would have just stook to the 3 day festival.

16 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Fuck!!! Ah I've wasted money booking extra days. Would have just stook to the 3 day festival.

Sunday is an exceptional day. Lots of afternoon gigs in the sunshine and a truly fantastic closing party with lots of energy (and sweat). Wednesday looks pretty strong this year. And there's bucketload of things to enjoy in Barcelona including the beach, the Gaudi and the charms of the city...which you won't find time to see Thursday to Saturday.

You'll have such a great time, wouldn't call it wasting money!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Nope. Wednesday is always a good introduction, it gives you a chance to pick up your ticket before the hordes on Thursday, and you can still get back into town before bars close.

And as pointed out, Sunday is great, it's a nice come-down from the main festival days, and there are still bands to see. Last year, the last band on the Sunday was !!!.

50 minutes ago, daveje said:

Nope. Wednesday is always a good introduction, it gives you a chance to pick up your ticket before the hordes on Thursday, and you can still get back into town before bars close.

And as pointed out, Sunday is great, it's a nice come-down from the main festival days, and there are still bands to see. Last year, the last band on the Sunday was !!!.

This is a very good point. If you have time then I'd definitely recommend getting your wristband earlier in the week or on Thursday morning as the queues on the Thursday evening are huge, whereas it seems to be pretty quiet any other time. 

28 minutes ago, daveje said:

Before the Apolo. We got to see !!! at the CCCB. After !!! and all the artists who performrd, we could go down to the Apolo and watch Shellac, Sleaford Mods, Japandroids among others. 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Sunday is an exceptional day. Lots of afternoon gigs in the sunshine and a truly fantastic closing party with lots of energy (and sweat). Wednesday looks pretty strong this year. And there's bucketload of things to enjoy in Barcelona including the beach, the Gaudi and the charms of the city...which you won't find time to see Thursday to Saturday.

You'll have such a great time, wouldn't call it wasting money!

Ok you've fully convinced me. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Orens said:

Before the Apolo. We got to see !!! at the CCCB. After !!! and all the artists who performrd, we could go down to the Apolo and watch Shellac, Sleaford Mods, Japandroids among others. 

Yeah, it was the CCCB set, didn't have the energy for the the Apolo. But it says a lot for Primavera that bands like !!!, Shellac and Sleaford Mods are rewards for hanging around after the main days after over.

42 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Just listened to the last Arctic Monkeys album. Jeez. So underwhelming. It's like they are trying to copy Queens of the Stone Age on most of the tracks but are generally lacking in memorable riffs, hooks or melodies and Turner's voice isn't a patch on Josh Homme's.

If you want a disappointing album that sounds a bit like Queens of the Stone age but generally lacks memorable riffs, hooks or melodies, look no further than the last Queens of the Stone Age album.

Edited by Justiceforcedave
  • Upvote 3