Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 hours ago, neacaisa said:

unrelated to the rest of the post, i belive that migos is a very uninspired and unnecessary booking. having tyler, vince and asap rocky on the bill would have suffice on the rap genre.

Clearly other people don't see it that way. Sure, I like Tyler and Vince better but we're talking about the world's trendiest Hip Hop group, which rarely books gigs outside the US. Since 2015 (long before their popularity took off) they only played a couple of August 2017 festivals in Europe (with the second font size, in the ones I checked). This year they might play Europe for only one weekend: Friday at PS and Saturday at Paris' We Love Green. Based on their extensive US touring, it sounds like no Euro tour is going on. IMO, that's a pretty good way to appeal to a younger crowd.

By the way, I checked the tour of A$AP Rocky (a phenomenon which I have yet to realize). It appears that since 2015 he only played Reading&Leeds 2016 in Europe, nothing in 2017 and no other gigs in 2018 so far.

While personally I like rtj and Skepta much better, those came early in the second font size of 2017 and were no special offering. I'm sure Migos and Rocky's unique bookings play a role in their placement on the poster.

Having seen Migos already I try too restrain myself from being too outspoken as I know it will not look nice. So let me instead focus on the only positive attribute I am able to find with this headliner booking: it will sell more tickets to a non typical Primavera clientele, thus helping to secure the financial stability of the festival and its ability to continue with non-profitable quality undercard bookings.

5 minutes ago, puckno said:

Having seen Migos already I try too restrain myself from being too outspoken as I know it will not look nice. So let me instead focus on the only positive attribute I am able to find with this headliner booking: it will sell more tickets to a non typical Primavera clientele, thus helping to secure the financial stability of the festival and its ability to continue with non-profitable quality undercard bookings.

Exactly what I'm counting on.

15 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi already answering questions on Exiliados. Am surprised to read Nils Frahm will not be an auditori show (though Johann Johansson will)

That’s a bad decision. It seems like they have nothing special for the auditori for the three main days. (Edit though admittedly I don’t know how good the Icelandic guy is...edit edit who I’ve now listened to and who seems really impressive!)

Edited by xxialac

54 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That’s a bad decision. It seems like they have nothing special for the auditori for the three main days. (Edit though admittedly I don’t know how good the Icelandic guy is...edit edit who I’ve now listened to and who seems really impressive!)

Have you ever seen him performing in the last years? I think he fits much better for ray ban with his very electronical approach to live music. 

2 minutes ago, slowdive said:

Have you ever seen him performing in the last years? I think he fits much better for ray ban with his very electronical approach to live music. 

Yes I saw him play recently and think his sound is better suited to indoors (rich textures, not suitable for dancing )

12 hours ago, daviddaviddaviddavid said:

Yeah primavera site shows stages. They’ll be back to back.

It doesn't show stages yet. 

I expect that they'll play on the two main stages that face each other. So when one finishes the other will begin in a few minutes. 

Have they indicated how the programme on the Wednesday is comprised? Really want to see Belle & Seb and Wolf Parade, Spiritualized too but accept that’s probably unlikely. My flight lands at 4pm, I assume things don’t kick off in the Forum until much later, or will there be city gigs too.

3 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Could someone explain to me how this festival runs in terms of where the acts will play. I always had it in my head that it was an inner city festival at various venues but after a brief look it seems there is an arena with multiple stages. Is this where the announced acts will play?

The majority of acts (Thurs-Sat)are all in Parc Del Forum, over several stages. It's a very good festival site. Spacious, well laid out and actually very pretty too. The use of the Auditori was an external indoor arena in use, just by the Parc - but this seems to have been reduced this year  

however the Tuesday and wednesday before and the following Sunday, the festival hold events in smaller venues in and around the city