Primavera 2018

Runnerups

10 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Just saw a list of potential bands saying Migos are self confirmed? Anyone have any further info on this?

((not my thing but the friend I'm dragging to this likes them so that'd be great ha))

With a question mark, I couldn't track down the source to the claim of self-confirmation (but it does make tons of sense).

• Like 1

Just now, addicted2noise said:

So 10pm UK time is when we should expect the lineup?

No, the rollout should start then. expect it on 10AM on Monday, makes sense considering the 2016/2017 announcements.

Last year they put a 12 hour countdown on 10pm UK time, but we had no clue what date it's going to be. Now we know and Primavera doesn't like to do the same thing twice, so perhaps we should expect something else.

25 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Probably not a decent question, but why would Mad Cool remove their 0114 teaser and replace it with a 14 + 1? 14 names to be announced + one headliner? Just rewatched that one teaser and it had me thinking

They promoted the festival and sold tickets based on it.

Mad Cool officially and unofficially teased AM, but couldn't announce them back then. Bar Tool and co. wanted to establish the "AM to Mad Cool" theory by hinting at them time and time again, and allegedly leaked the confirmation to fan sites such as Arctic Monkeys US (which kept insisting Mad Cool is a done deal). We heard it for months, more than any other festival in the world.

Since the Mad Cool crew knew Arctic Monkeys are about to play Primavera as well, they made people rush to buy Mad Cool tickets based on the assumption they won't play Barcelona.

The only thing that made me suspect was the fact that Bar Tool has refused to comment on the headliners' exclusivity. They knew Arctic Monkeys are about to play PS, just like they knew the headliners JITU has leakes.

The festival has sold out, so the campaign has succeeded, but those teasings weren't legit in any way. 

11 minutes ago, Orens said:

Mad Cool officially and unofficially teased AM, but couldn't announce them back then. Bar Tool and co. wanted to establish the "AM to Mad Cool" theory by hinting at them time and time again, and allegedly leaked the confirmation to fan sites such as Arctic Monkeys US (which kept insisting Mad Cool is a done deal). We heard it for months, more than any other festival in the world.

Since the Mad Cool crew knew Arctic Monkeys are about to play Primavera as well, they made people rush to buy Mad Cool tickets based on the assumption they won't play Barcelona.

The only thing that made me suspect was the fact that Bar Tool has refused to comment on the headliners' exclusivity. They knew Arctic Monkeys are about to play PS, just like they knew the headliners JITU has leakes.

The festival has sold out, so the campaign has succeeded, but those teasings weren't legit in any way. 

Oh wow. Thank you for clearing things up!

24 minutes ago, Orens said:

Why are you so sure about Arctic playing PS? 

I mean until now there wasn´t any proof besides some guy that said that he knows somebody who nows a cousin´s cousin bla bla 

For me it´s still doesn´t make any sense because Gabi was sceptic about them and because I don´t believe that PS and Mad Cool can share such a big name like that. Their style doesn´t even suit in PS lineup.

But I guess tomoroow we will find out about it. 

Edited by maksym26

5 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

Just saw a list of potential bands saying Migos are self confirmed? Anyone have any further info on this?

((not my thing but the friend I'm dragging to this likes them so that'd be great ha))

Migos are confirmed by wake and listen

Based on previous years, this site is quite accurate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maksym26 said:

I mean until now there wasn´t any proof besides some guy that said that he knows somebody who nows a cousin´s cousin bla bla 

For me it´s still doesn´t make any sense because Gabi was sceptic about them and because I don´t believe that PS and Mad Cool can share such a big name like that. Their style doesn´t even suit in PS lineup.

But that guy really knows the bassist's brother, he's been claiming it for a couple of weeks now and I recieved proof on PM. 

Before receiving that proof, I was sold on it because:

1. Gabi's comments about them back in October and December, after refusing to talk about them for a couple of years, was odd

2. Mad Cool's antics made us believe they are only playing Madrid, but Bar Tool has never claimed exclusivity for some odd reason. They absolutely knew about PS, just as they leaked the 2016 edition headliners + announcement date. Otherwise, we wouldn't have heard about them playing Mad Cool

3. What other big headliner does fit with most of the festivals which were long rumored to have AM and are announcing their last headliner tomorrow?

4. I think they do fit in style, it will be one of the biggest stories of the year in music, and they bring a young crowd with them. 

5. At least commercially, it's worth holding off the poster for them. They put an embargo on publishing them in Europe and most of the crowd will like it, once they find out

6. I've never seen the blog you claimed that mentioned they will only play Mad Cool+NOS Alive, so no reason to think it won't happen. 

23 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Quick question, if someone played a secret show last year, are they allowed to break the rules and play this year? I'm asking about Mogwai, basically.

Mogwai yes, Haim no.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What’s Gabi playing at?

Our hearts.

Anyway, sticking on-topic (sorry if this has been asked within the last 20 pages or so, I assume it was):

For tomorrow's announcement, are we still sticking with Björk, Beck, Artcic Monkeys, The National, Nick Cave & the Bad Sees, and Lorde as the top 6 names? Is that still the general consensus?

Also, The War on Drugs, Tyler the Creator, Vince Staples, Grizzly Bear, (who else?) as second-liners?

7 minutes ago, birolehel said:

Anyway, sticking on-topic (sorry if this has been asked within the last 20 pages or so, I assume it was):

For tomorrow's announcement, are we still sticking with Björk, Beck, Artcic Monkeys, The National, Nick Cave & the Bad Sees, and Lorde as the top 6 names? Is that still the general consensus?

Also, The War on Drugs, Tyler the Creator, Vince Staples, Grizzly Bear, (who else?) as second-liners?

That's the safe bet, yeah. Still think we get some kind of big suprise too. Fever Rey will be there, and I have my hope for MBV.

Why do people keep claiming AM doesn't fit Primavera's style? With tons of different musical styles, who is to say that AM is the ONE style not suitable? Yes, Last Shadow Puppets are different, blabla, but they DID play and they fit perfectly - amazing concert! So bring on the Monkey's, too, for god's sake! B)

2 hours ago, Orens said:

4. I think they do fit in style, it will be one of the biggest stories of the year in music, and they bring a young crowd with them. 

I know you're a fanboy, but this is giving me the giggles.

The date of this post must be 2005(ish). Its time travel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnyx said:

I know you're a fanboy, but this is giving me the giggles.

The date of this post must be 2005(ish). Its time travel.

I'm not, I was when I was 15. Regardless of our musical taste, it will be, just like Radiohead and Arcade Fire (at least on paper).

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, maksym26 said:

There are more proofs than those, also Gabi has never been sceptical about them, in fact  he said he would like them to perform.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would it be such a big story? They’re supposed to be playing everywhere aren’t they? And I don’t think it’ll be much of a story afterwards - a memory best forgotten if they bring their usual festival game.

AM's return in general is highly expected.

If we're looking specifically at the PS concert, it might be their first big concert in four years (just like Radiohead 2016 was).