Primavera 2018

Runnerups

11 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Spoke to my Arctic Monkeys related friend again

Apparently they're announcing Glasgow, Barca, "somewhere in Poland" and Porto Monday. Maybe one more. Doesn't sound like Mad Cool is happening

HOLD UP. Porto?!?!?! Oh my god. NOS Primavera Sound instead of NOS Alive? 

Just now, ABertran said:

But Nos PS line up won't be revealed until two weeks.

It's hard to believe that AM won't be at Mad Cool after all the buzz that's been around them.

It's also harder to believe that AM won't be at NOS Alive and instead be at NOS PS. They don't fit in as well and if they indeed do play at Mad Cool it just doesn't make sense that they're not playing at NOS Alive, it's a difference of one day.

1 minute ago, ABertran said:

But Nos PS line up won't be revealed until two weeks.

It's hard to believe that AM won't be at Mad Cool after all the buzz that's been around them.

For what it's worth, neither Werchter nor Mad Cool/NOS Alive have been teasing an announcement for Monday.

Just now, Orens said:

For what it's worth, neither Werchter nor Mad Cool/NOS Alive have been teasing an announcement for Monday.

Mad Cool did share that 0114 teaser though... And NOS Alive wouldn't do that, not after teasing an announcement for yesterday. I'm pretty positive that they'd announce AM without a teaser as of now OR they'd wait a couple of days after monday

I really doubt it but if we're to believe that neither NOS Alive and Mad Cool are getting AM, who are they getting? It'd have to be the same name as the date differences between the days that both festivals are lacking another headliner is of a mere day. Whilst I believe that AM co-headlining with Jack White is a bit of a stretch, AM can still be headliners at NOS Alive even with NIN playing in the same day

8 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

I'll try find out where the one extra is. It could still be Mad Cool but I'd have reckoned he'd have said it was another in Spain. 

Best Kept Secret festival in the Netherlands would make sense if they would play PS.

Plus, we don't know what the new AM album will be like. Could be hiphop and they will hardly play any 'classics' :ph34r: who knows 

One thing I would say about Monday’s announcement, is that Radio X teaser mentioned something happening at 8am UK time...

If it’s a new Arctic Monkeys track with an album announcement etc, surely they’ll just announce the festival dates then too?

just a bit off kilter with Primaveras other announcements in the past, maybe Gabi’s countdown tweet points towards something related to the announcement?

1 minute ago, boaboaboa said:

One thing I would say about Monday’s announcement, is that Radio X teaser mentioned something happening at 8am UK time...

If it’s a new Arctic Monkeys track with an album announcement etc, surely they’ll just announce the festival dates then too?

just a bit off kilter with Primaveras other announcements in the past, maybe Gabi’s countdown tweet points towards something related to the announcement?

Yes, but on a Sunday? It's most likely the usual rollout, as we don't know yet the hour of the poster reveal. 

1 minute ago, boaboaboa said:

I think that’s more likely to be something to do with Liam Gallagher’s outdoor gigs next summer, probably announcing the supports. Radio X tend to overly hype up announcements and I can’t see them being given the first Arctic Monkeys announcement.

4 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

I think it is in the Benicassim or TRNSMT thread or a few pages back. But they think it's about Liam Gallagher rather than AM.

Edit: not quick enough, but stresses our point.

Edited by StupidDream

Just now, kingcrawler said:

I think that’s more likely to be something to do with Liam Gallagher’s outdoor gigs next summer, probably announcing the supports. Radio X tend to overly hype up announcements and I can’t see them being given the first Arctic Monkeys announcement.

It could be something the other radio stations have yet to hype. Surely AM will be all over the radio. 

34 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Spoke to my Arctic Monkeys related friend again

Apparently they're announcing Glasgow, Barca, "somewhere in Poland" and Porto Monday. Maybe one more. Doesn't sound like Mad Cool is happening

I guess your friend has got confused with Porto and Lisbon (or thought nos alive was in Porto)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

yeah, he announced support for the Irish gigs yesterday (Richard Ashcroft and Louis Berry). could imagine it'll be support acts for the british gigs. the Oasis riff in the video would be a bit odd if it was Arctic Monkeys.

5 minutes ago, Orens said:

It could be something the other radio stations have yet to hype. Surely AM will be all over the radio. 

When they first released Do I Wanna Know? I’m sure they did it themselves rather than letting a radio station have the first play of it. I’m expecting something similar this time round too. Of course when a song does come out it will be on every station, I just don’t see Chris Moyles being the person to announce Arctic Monkeys return. As ghostdancer1 says above, something Gallagher related makes more sense.