Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

Not sure why being against throwing piss and talking through bands makes you a snob, they're both twatish things to do. As is holding your phone up constantly and blocking people's view. I'm not even a boring old fart, I love rowdy crowds and a good mosh/pogo, but there are a certain new festival traits I can't stand. 

Bend me over sideways - that is exactly how I feel.

Why is it so hard for some people to be considerate towards others? I guarantee those same people would be pissed off if someone was talking through a movie in the seat next to them at the cinema.

To the talkers, please try and understand this is the same concept.

The topic about how people will dress is weird. I don't care how people dress, will be there for different reasons than to watch people dresses. Kasabian or football striped shirts are welcome  as far as I'm concerned. Flip flops too (they keep your feet fresh at the beginning, but evenings and nights at the forum can be cold, and you can easily have a toe stepped on, so I won't wear them). Also, chatting is normal as far as it doesn't bother other people during shows, no one else cares about other people discussions or chatting. Just respect the others and be cool. No one would like to have his favorite concert spoiled by anybody else

2 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

Agree! I don't think anyone's saying its twatish to expect somewhat respectful behaviour from crowds. It's more so the elitist posts that stereotype all arctic monkeys fans for example. 

(Not a fan myself but)

Stereotypes exist for a reason - there is often a grain of truth to them. A group of 21 year old men doing a lads on tour thing are more likely to cause a confrontation than a group of 80 year old women. Doesn't mean all lads on tour cause confrontations.

Similarly don't think anyone has said that *all* arctic monkeys fans bring problems but seems fair to think that a small minority are more likely to do so than, say, fans of weyes blood.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Stereotypes exist for a reason - there is often a grain of truth to them. A group of 21 year old men doing a lads on tour thing are more likely to cause a confrontation than a group of 80 year old women. Doesn't mean all lads on tour cause confrontations.

Similarly don't think anyone has said that *all* arctic monkeys fans bring problems but seems fair to think that a small minority are more likely to do so than, say, fans of weyes blood.

Nah you're right really. I just find it intimidating knowing the general consensus is that primavera is a judgemental crowd. Because I probably do not belong there in that case haha. 

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Bend me over sideways - that is exactly how I feel.

Why is it so hard for some people to be considerate towards others? I guarantee those same people would be pissed off if someone was talking through a movie in the seat next to them at the cinema.

To the talkers, please try and understand this is the same concept.

It's that whole social media "have to be seen at" mentality. It's was never like that 10 years ago or so. 

1 minute ago, Hannah990 said:

Nah you're right really. I just find it intimidating knowing the general consensus is that primavera is a judgemental crowd. Because I probably do not belong there in that case haha. 

I don't think Primavera is a judgmental crowd or at least no more than is normal (humans are all pretty judgmental, it''s an inbuilt defence mechanism to help us decide if someone is friend or foe). Everyone I've met has been lovely.

Edited by xxialac

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I don't mean to stereotype, but the worst things I've seen at gigs have been at Arctic Monkeys, throwing piss, someone throwing a lit flare into the crowd, something throwing a camping chair in the crowd at Reading Festival etc. Not sure why thinking it's funny to joke about throwing piss as "banter" too, I've been hit by it and it's revolting.

As has been said, no-one really cares what you wear but people will care if you talk through acts or cause a nuisance of yourself.   

There are so many music festivals and Primavera has always prided itself on offering something different for a certain audience, who want to enjoy the music and not feel threatened. As long as you abide by that you’ll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

I don't mean to stereotype, but the worst things I've seen at gigs have been at Arctic Monkeys, throwing piss, someone throwing a lit flare into the crowd, something throwing a camping chair in the crowd at Reading Festival etc. Not sure why thinking it's funny to joke about throwing piss as "banter" too, I've been hit by it and it's revolting.

Do you not think that the rest of the festival line up will put those types off? That’s what I’m hoping personally, just get the good Arctic Monkeys fans (which I’m sure exist). 

6 minutes ago, Hannah990 said:

To be fair, so many festivals at home (Ireland) have been ruined for me by shitty, drunk, loud, ignorant crowds that PS sounds ideal. 

I've been to festivals in Spain, Portugal, Germany, England and the US, and the continental European fans have been so much more respectful and friendlier than the English ones.  

1 minute ago, Chinaski_ said:

I've been to festivals in Spain, Portugal, Germany, England and the US, and the continental European fans have been so much more respectful and friendlier than the English ones.  

You're so right. I've found the same with Portuguese and Croatian crowds in my limited European festival experience. Long may it stay like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveje said:

There's another festival in Nimes, same weekend as Primavera, and only a few hours away, so I expect a considerable amount of overlap between the two:

5a6c617f7df9c_Schermafbeelding2018-01-27om12_22_50.thumb.png.08d5acdc19bebe7e4fc1f7f873dc74f4.png

There is a massive overlap between the two, as we discussed before in this long thread, but don't expect either Phoenix or The Jesus & Mary Chain to end up in PS. The rest are all highly likely. 

4 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Spoke to my Arctic Monkeys related friend again

Apparently they're announcing Glasgow, Barca, "somewhere in Poland" and Porto Monday. Maybe one more. Doesn't sound like Mad Cool is happening

Plot twist! 

Seriously, no offence to the Mad Cool guys reading this, but after all this teasing and hints by Bar Tool it will be insane, if they aren't there. 

Edited by Orens

2 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Spoke to my Arctic Monkeys related friend again

Apparently they're announcing Glasgow, Barca, "somewhere in Poland" and Porto Monday. Maybe one more. Doesn't sound like Mad Cool is happening

Haha, so many people with high hopes, all those rumours and assumptions... I believe nobody anymore. For me the announcement of AM is as likely as maybe N*E*R*D or any other big act.:lol: