Primavera 2018

Runnerups

51 minutes ago, LiamMcMillen said:

This pissed up Brit just bought his ticket for his first ever Primavera, so any tips would be nice... This is going to be the longest weekend ever. 

Well, if this is your first time, I highly suggest to go and get your wristband at least Wednesday, so you can dodge the long line at the entrance. Or at least show up early, or you could possibly miss some of the earlier shows.

Since probably you'll go to sleep around 5am (a good sleep is highly recommended if you're attending the whole weekend at the forum), and you will walk for miles, I suggest to not get drunk too early (or not get too drunk), because the next days would become more heavy to pass and less enjoyable. Especially if you're not in your twenties anymore. 

I usually get up at 11 am, then have a good breakfast or lunch in Barcelona, and walk around. Then I go to the forum pretty early, book the hidden stage (if there's something interesting), and start enjoying the shows. I drink some beers during the afternoon and night, after a certain time I get a Red Bull or a coffee, until the last shows. Repeat again the whole process the morning after and so on. 

Another suggestion: once the line up is out, take some time to listen to EVERY band that you don't know, you'll be surprised. Then, make a list of the bands that you must see, and check out for possible time clashing.

Enjoy!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Laughing at all the piss stories here. I saw them SBSR in 2011 (mainly Portuguese and Spanish) and the only problem was the moshpits, it was a bit crazy. 

I love Radiohead, and saw them at NOS Alive in 2012 and it was amazing, but in 2016 again at NOS the crowd was very unpleseant and made me never want to return to that festival again. 

I too saw Radiohead at NOS Alive in 2016 and the crowd was quite awful. I think that the problem was Radiohead's demands of not having anyone else playing at the same time (as I correctly recall, I believe) - everyone went to the main stage and it was just too much of a clutter 

7 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I too saw Radiohead at NOS Alive in 2016 and the crowd was quite awful. I think that the problem was Radiohead's demands of not having anyone else playing at the same time (as I correctly recall, I believe) - everyone went to the main stage and it was just too much of a clutter 

I was there too. Atmosphere was non existent for their set due to the crowd 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mirror said:

Laughing at all the piss stories here. I saw them SBSR in 2011 (mainly Portuguese and Spanish) and the only problem was the moshpits, it was a bit crazy. 

I love Radiohead, and saw them at NOS Alive in 2012 and it was amazing, but in 2016 again at NOS the crowd was very unpleseant and made me never want to return to that festival again. 

Radiohead at BKS last year probably had one of best audiences I have ever experienced, especially for a festival. During the wait and in the beginning it sure was crowded and hot. But the people were relaxed and really quiet. Even while James Blake was playing folks were quiet and Exit Music (For A Film) is legendary for me because it was dead silent. But maybe BKS attracts different people and the critics all agreed it was exceptional. 

Kinda hoped PS would attract a similar crowd. 

23 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

Well, if this is your first time, I highly suggest to go and get your wristband at least Wednesday, so you can dodge the long line at the entrance. Or at least show up early, or you could possibly miss some of the earlier shows.

Since probably you'll go to sleep around 5am (a good sleep is highly recommended if you're attending the whole weekend at the forum), and you will walk for miles, I suggest to not get drunk too early (or not get too drunk), because the next days would become more heavy to pass and less enjoyable. Especially if you're not in your twenties anymore. 

I usually get up at 11 am, then have a good breakfast or lunch in Barcelona, and walk around. Then I go to the forum pretty early, book the hidden stage (if there's something interesting), and start enjoying the shows. I drink some beers during the afternoon and night, after a certain time I get a Red Bull or a coffee, until the last shows. Repeat again the whole process the morning after and so on. 

Another suggestion: once the line up is out, take some time to listen to EVERY band that you don't know, you'll be surprised. Then, make a list of the bands that you must see, and check out for possible time clashing.

Enjoy!

You get up at 11am?! Im always really proud of myself if I can get out of bed by 1pm! The concrete and hours really take a toll...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You get up at 11am?! Im always really proud of myself if I can get out of bed by 1pm! The concrete and hours really take a toll...

I'm used to get up at 7:30 am every day, so 5 or 6 hours of sleep are enough for me. Getting up at 1 pm is still something to be proud of! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Radiohead at BKS last year probably had one of best audiences I have ever experienced, especially for a festival. During the wait and in the beginning it sure was crowded and hot. But the people were relaxed and really quiet. Even while James Blake was playing folks were quiet and Exit Music (For A Film) is legendary for me because it was dead silent. But maybe BKS attracts different people and the critics all agreed it was exceptional. 

Kinda hoped PS would attract a similar crowd. 

I did both BKS last year and PS in 2016. The crowd were impeccable for PS, the quietest I've ever heard a crowd. BKS about the same. PS was a miles, miles better set though.

4 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I did both BKS last year and PS in 2016. The crowd were impeccable for PS, the quietest I've ever heard a crowd. BKS about the same. PS was a miles, miles better set though.

And then the Radiohead crowd came back from Mordor and talked all the way through Animal Collective. 

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Even while James Blake was playing folks were quiet and Exit Music (For A Film) is legendary for me because it was dead silent. But maybe BKS attracts different people and the critics all agreed it was exceptional. 

Exit music for a film was nothing short of sensational. You could practically hear the band members breathe. Stunning.

As for james blake, I tried to find a good place for radiohead show, but I left after two songs. Boy was he crap. His tiny crying voice and a bit of piano on top of a fuckload of bass. Impossible to listen, at least in the fifth row. :D

P.s.: managed to go through the whole radiohead gig without pissing on anybody OR wearing flip-flops.

Edited by clasher

35 minutes ago, Hip Priest said:

Gabi Ruiz will be taking questions on the Exiliados forum next Tuesday

The Exiliados admin wrote that there will be another exclusive confirmation this week, besides The Internet from last Friday. I'm not sure if it's relevant anymore.

1 hour ago, Orens said:

I saw Arctic Monkeys at Werchter 14, second row, no piss was thrown at me fortunately. Those piss stories from PS make me sick. 

Anderson .Paak was just announced for Werchter, here's hoping he will be on the bill...

If anyone doesn't know Anderson Paak, he's the most fantastic performer. Would be a real must-see for me.

Hurricane/Southside (Germany) teased an announcement next week, asking their Facebook followers which day do they think the next announcement will roll? The answers were Monday to Thursday.

Both festivals are rumored to get AM as the remaining headliner, in some sort of a package deal with FKP Scorpio (in which they will also play Best Kept Secret and Tinderbox).

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

If anyone doesn't know Anderson Paak, he's the most fantastic performer. Would be a real must-see for me.

I will give a listen, didn't know him. Happy to hear The Jesus Lizard will play , since the bassist's brother kind of confirmed! (daydreaming here) 

Besides all the speculation about AM or other headliners that are supposed to play PS, which undercards you all would like to  see? 

I would be really happy to see:

The Jesus Lizard (of course), Lightning Bolt, Allison Crutchfield (maybe her sister will play?), Shame, Ought, Tonstartssbandht, Death Grips or Zach Hill, Dead Rider (new album out now),  Oneida (same), GVSB, FOTL, Battles... 

Badalamenti and /or Morricone would be also great 

4 hours ago, Hannah990 said:

I've booked Primavera for the first time this year and the all the criticisms about various crowds are intimidating. Hope the crowd isn't as judgemental as it appears here..

I agree, what is going on in this thread the past few days? People are almost panicking at the thoughts of the boozed up Arctic Monkeys fans turning up. I don't think a load of football hooligans from England are going to appear just because they are playing, especially if they are going to be playing at almost every second festival in Europe by the sounds of things. 

Last year was my first year and the crowd was lovely, thankfully the crowd did not seem judgmental at all, although this thread would give you the opposite impression!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Last year was my first year and the crowd was lovely, thankfully the crowd did not seem judgmental at all, although this thread would give you the opposite impression!

The crowd is always lovely and there for the music. I highly doubt it will be different this year 

• Upvote 1