Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

I hate the crowd-stereotyping that's been going on around here. Nothing good will come out of that.

You shouldn't focus on bands people like, as you obviously don't know most of the crowd.

Exactly, can't believe some of what I'm reading about these 'Arctic Monkeys crowds'. Laughable 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MickeyJJ said:

And people wearing flip flops.

LOL, that was the greatest. 

I was perhaps the biggest AM fan back in 2005-2006, the time has gone by and they are nowhere near my favourite band nowadays, but I'm totally fine with their crowd.

I'm against bad behavior at concerts regardless of the band and the crowd, don't know why it's such a big deal.

8 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Exactly, can't believe some of what I'm reading about these 'Arctic Monkeys crowds'. Laughable 

Same. I'm quite excited (cautiously of course given we don't know the lineup yet) about the prospect of going to Primavera, singing along to every AM song, having a few beers, not starting riots and seeing many other great acts, all the while being British. I hope that's okay. 

• Upvote 1

I don't foresee the loutish shift that oasis at benicassim brought, that was hellish. Chanting who the fuck is nick cave down the front of his set. Small minority but audible in many places. I spoke to numerous Spanish people who were offended and appalled by it.

So yeah. It won't be like that. But there's a conceivable small demographic shift of people who wouldn't leave the country for the postal service now choosing a city plus beach plus fest to see Arctics and maybe one or two others.  They aren't typical of the current primavera goer but not to be feared.

My guess is barely noticeable other than that day and even then not a huge threat to the integrity of the festival. 

All conjecture of course. My gut is they aren't on the bill.

7 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

I don't foresee the loutish shift that oasis at benicassim brought, that was hellish. Chanting who the fuck is nick cave down the front of his set. Small minority but audible in many places. I spoke to numerous Spanish people who were offended and appalled by it.

So yeah. It won't be like that. But there's a conceivable small demographic shift of people who wouldn't leave the country for the postal service now choosing a city plus beach plus fest to see Arctics and maybe one or two others.  They aren't typical of the current primavera goer but not to be feared.

My guess is barely noticeable other than that day and even then not a huge threat to the integrity of the festival. 

All conjecture of course. My gut is they aren't on the bill.

Or hidden away, anagram stylee - The Sticky Romance or Sketchy Cremation being my favourites

36 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I saw AM at Beni back in 2011, suddenly a friend of mine got smashed by a plastic pint full of piss in his neck, probably thrown by a pissed up brit, speaking of AM crowds

7 minutes ago, Ecco said:

I saw AM at Beni back in 2011, suddenly a friend of mine got smashed by a plastic pint full of piss in his neck, probably thrown by a pissed up brit, speaking of AM crowds

Same thing happened to me at that exact gig. If AM do play, looks to be quite a piss soaked crowd

1 minute ago, JJXYZ said:

Same thing happened to me at that exact gig. If AM do play, looks to be quite a piss soaked crowd

This reminds me of something that happened at an AM show a couple years back. A friend of mine was threatened by a girl beside her, saying that she would "piss on her" if she didn't move out and give her more space at barrier. Lovely!

1 hour ago, Albinoss said:

Uuh, hard to pick one. I've always had a great time and saw awesome bands. Most of the times I've not been too interested on the headliners, but I really enjoyed two PJ Harvey shows, Grinderman, Sleater Kinney, Sigur Ros, PIL, among many others. I've discovered a lot of new bands that now I love. Swans, Mogwai, Preoccupations, the Make Up, Einsturzende, GY!BE, and basically every Shellac one were amazing shows. A lot just don't come to mind in this moment. What about you? 

I'm sooo sure this time will be great as well. Primavera is my favorite festival. Plus, I love Barcelona. 

I have been to many festivals in Belgium, France, Germany, Spain and Luxembourg and Primavera is by far the best festiver ever.

I had so many good moments, if i had to pick a few, darkside, caribou, Jungle and Laurant Garnier at Ray Ban, Wu Tang, The Knife and Belle & Sebastian at ATP, Black Lips at Vice, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Sigur Ros, PJ Harvey, LCD, Radiohead and Bon Iver on the main stage, Daphni at adidas.....

You are right, it is not about headliners, it is about the atmosphere. Barcelona is one of my favourite cities, though i am a big Real Madrid fan.

15 minutes ago, Ecco said:

Saw them at Old Trafford Cricket ground. Much piss was thrown that day too.

5 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Saw them at Old Trafford Cricket ground. Much piss was thrown that day too.

is aw them 3 times, in 2007 and twice in 2011, the Beni crowd was insane, hot and sticky with glasses full of piss, the other crowds were well-behaved.

3 hours ago, DeanSweet said:

....No chance anyone thinks that Radio X teaser is for an Oasis reunion?

Obviously with the morning glory clip it has given me the fear. (worst nightmare headliner)

Severely doubt it is happening, and if so, that they would be announced for Primavera but what are people's thoughts - but could explain people's reactions etc?

A couple of tweets later they talk about Liam's solo tour supported by Richard Ashcroft (how about him for Primavera, though? How cool would that be? Even better if it were a Verve reunion), so why would there be an Oasis reunion? However, there IS that guitar riff. Seems all a bit strange.

http://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/liam-gallagher/richard-ashcroft-confirms-support-liam-gallagher/?dsfds

Laughing at all the piss stories here. I saw them SBSR in 2011 (mainly Portuguese and Spanish) and the only problem was the moshpits, it was a bit crazy. 

I love Radiohead, and saw them at NOS Alive in 2012 and it was amazing, but in 2016 again at NOS the crowd was very unpleseant and made me never want to return to that festival again. 

• Like 1