Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

We don't know that AM are announcing Monday, people are guessing that with nothing at all to back it up 

We're guessing a big splash announcement that is going to go down around Europe. Possibly Arctic Monkeys, possibly something else. 

Primavera will be making the biggest splash that day because the full poster will roll out at the same time.

Edited by Orens

2 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Gabi admitted in one of the chats somewhere (I believe so anyway) that the one act he regrets missing out on was AM so it all makes sense. With them playing loads of festivals I imagine it would reduce the "pissed up Brits" everyones banging on about to a minimum. I'll just be a pissed up Brit watching someone like King Woman or Deafheaven or some other weird metal band that are playing on the Adidas stage at 4am

Do The Pissed Up Brits have a new album out this year? Seen a lot of talk on this forum about them but no concrete sources.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

The Radio X announcement, as someone mentioned above, leans towards an official announcement of Arctic Monkeys return, if this is a new album/ single (bloody hell, that's going to be playlisted on every radio station going) and then the festivals will get announced afterwards...

I think they will be playing everywhere, as many festivals as possible, and by the looks of things exclusivity isn't an issue (potentially why Primavera have booked them/ dont have budget restraints). In a similar way The National and Bjork seem to be touring constantly this summer at most major festivals, but just in a higher headlining capacity (the kind of spot The Killers are churning out in the more commercial festivals).

AM have the crossover appeal to cater for the mainstream, and the kudos to play a festival like Primavera. We all know the undercard will be amazing, which is what makes Primavera brilliant, and a stand out compared to the likes of Mad Cool (though they have rinsed their budget on lot's of good names) so no need for any exclusivity, they're just embargoed 'till the 29th.

Gabi admitted in one of the chats somewhere (I believe so anyway) that the one act he regrets missing out on was AM so it all makes sense. With them playing loads of festivals I imagine it would reduce the "pissed up Brits" everyones banging on about to a minimum. I'll just be a pissed up Brit watching someone like King Woman or Deafheaven or some other weird metal band that are playing on the Adidas stage at 4am

My thoughts exactly. If you're a British AM fan and you see the AM on both Beni or PS, you're probably gonna choose Beni. If you like the AM and you choose PS then you're probably an alright, albeit still pissed up Brit. 

18 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

The Radio X announcement, as someone mentioned above, leans towards an official announcement of Arctic Monkeys return, if this is a new album/ single (bloody hell, that's going to be playlisted on every radio station going) and then the festivals will get announced afterwards...

I think they will be playing everywhere, as many festivals as possible, and by the looks of things exclusivity isn't an issue (potentially why Primavera have booked them/ dont have budget restraints). In a similar way The National and Bjork seem to be touring constantly this summer at most major festivals, but just in a higher headlining capacity (the kind of spot The Killers are churning out in the more commercial festivals).

AM have the crossover appeal to cater for the mainstream, and the kudos to play a festival like Primavera. We all know the undercard will be amazing, which is what makes Primavera brilliant, and a stand out compared to the likes of Mad Cool (though they have rinsed their budget on lot's of good names) so no need for any exclusivity, they're just embargoed 'till the 29th.

I'd genuinely be surprised if AM aren't announced at this stage. Too much coincidences. 

I don't even particularly like them, but I'm so invested in this by now that I'll be let down if they're not up there on Monday haha

1 minute ago, DiscothequeDave said:

My thoughts exactly. If you're a British AM fan and you see the AM on both Beni or PS, you're probably gonna choose Beni. If you like the AM and you choose PS then you're probably an alright, albeit still pissed up Brit. 

No chance for Beni, they made an announcement with all the British indie bands they could come up with to compensate their audience prior to AM's announcement, which won't include Beni. It doesn't make sense for each side this year, and even the touring aspect makes no sense. 

Get 10% discount on packages, accommodation, and extras if buying from festicket using the code 10FEST

Festivals included:

Primavera Sound 2018 
NOS Primavera Sound 2018 
Bilbao BBK Live 2018 
FIB: Festival Internacional de Benicassim

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, dunx747 said:

Just to clarify - I'll be a pissed up Brit.....but I'm Scottish (don't really class myself as British but that's another story)  so i'll be having a wee party to myself and won't annoy anyone else.

Not fussed whether AM play or not.

I will also be part of this small demographic, although I do live here so maybe I will be classed as OK with the PS elite?

Looking forward to Monday. Still holding out some small hope YYYs can be squeezed into the lineup

59 minutes ago, Ecco said:

it's my 6th in a row aswell ;-)

bought the tickets always before the line-up

which one was your favourite?

Uuh, hard to pick one. I've always had a great time and saw awesome bands. Most of the times I've not been too interested on the headliners, but I really enjoyed two PJ Harvey shows, Grinderman, Sleater Kinney, Sigur Ros, PIL, among many others. I've discovered a lot of new bands that now I love. Swans, Mogwai, Preoccupations, the Make Up, Einsturzende, GY!BE, and basically every Shellac one were amazing shows. A lot just don't come to mind in this moment. What about you? 

I'm sooo sure this time will be great as well. Primavera is my favorite festival. Plus, I love Barcelona. 

14 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

Apologies, thought you were ad spamming, I'll upvote you in return.

No worries. If I spamming I'd put my affiliate link :lol: But eFests knows I dont do that. 

10 minutes ago, gregory said:

How did you know it was Mickey? I gave you an upvote anyway :) 

Thanks. It tells you who upvoted and downvoted you (on desktop maybe not mobile). 

Edited by JBarbour

44 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

If they get announced for both I'm probably going to buy a Primavera ticket. Yes, I'm British and yes, I will be getting drunk. AM are my favourite band but then again my other favourites are Radiohead, The National and Arcade Fire so I *might* not fit the AM fan stereotype that is prevalent on this thread