Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 minutes ago, Tigane said:

I will just create a theory based on that teaser.  I checked all the instragram of the director,  to see how he act when he post the teasers there, and this is the first time that he posted the hour of the confirmation.  It may just be a coincidence, but the AM in the hour may also be used as a hidden clue.

Another theory i created due to this teaser:  Nos Alive is a Festival that loves to brag about the buzz they receive from international Media, so what if they managed to confim Arctic Monkeys before the rest, just to get more media buzz, and avoid the natural european media buzz that Primavera Sound card will receive on monday?    Well tomorrow we will know what will happen .

Can you explain what do you mean by saying "but the AM in the hour may also be used as a hidden clue." ?

It could be an announcement about festival or tickets, I mean none of the official NOS Alive´s accounts said anything. 

It also could be a teaser about teaser.

5 minutes ago, maksym26 said:

Can you explain what do you mean by saying "but the AM in the hour may also be used as a hidden clue." ?

It could be an announcement about festival or tickets, I mean none of the official NOS Alive´s accounts said anything. 

It also could be a teaser about teaser.

Well in the Nos Alive instragram they already put the teaser, but i find it odd that it is not yet on the facebook page (and in the Nos Alive  instragam they put the hour as simple  «9h00»     My initials thoughts were that in the teaser 9:00 AM  could mean 9 in the morning, and also the initials of Arctic Monkeys, but probably i am wrong about that :P    But i am sure it is for a new band.   They only make this kind of teasers for the announcement of bands.  And for tickets they have the same price since the day they go out for selling until it is sold out, and if they announce something different, they just announce it  without any tease

1 minute ago, Tigane said:

Well in the Nos Alive instragram they already put the teaser, but i find it odd that it is not yet on the facebook page (and in the Nos Alive  instragam they put the hour as simple  «9h00»     My initials thoughts were that in the teaser 9:00 AM  could mean 9 in the morning, and also the initials of Arctic Monkeys, but probably i am wrong about that :P    But i am sure it is for a new band.   They only make this kind of teasers for the announcement of bands.  And for tickets they have the same price since the day they go out for selling until it is sold out, and if they announce something different, they just announce it  without any tease

Guys. It's Arctic Monkeys. There's no doubt. Teasing only happens in special ocasions and you can surely bet that they are one.

• Like 1

I guess it´s Arctic and NOS Alive and Mad Cool must´ve paid a ton of money to announce them first. Mad Cool already teased them with 0114 and then deleted it.

About Primavera announcing on monday, again it could be a coincidence or it means that a huge Hip Hop act is playing there.

For me AM are out of PS

Edited by maksym26

24 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Surely it's a bigger name if it is shared by Primavera and Frauenfeld.

It's between Kanye West,and Chance the Rapper presumably? No reason to think Arctic Monkeys can't also announce their tour the same day.

It doesn't have to be shared, we don't know the full picture - including Frauenfeld's scope of announcement. We do know that tons of hip hop festivals announced multiple acts over the past week, including Wireless and splash! on the same weekend. Very little overlap with PS.

They could also announce either N.E.R.D, Eminem or Travis Scott (which was already announced in FiB/Lolla Berlin), and none of them will perform at PS. 

I think Frauenfeld will be sharing a hip-hop headliner with Roskilde (also on the same weekend), which shares dozens of acts with PS each and every year - but not Arctic Monkeys. Roskilde tend to announce a large batch right after PS, even if the surprising returns (Radiohead, Frank Ocean) doesn't end up playing there.

Roskilde won't get AM (probably booked by Tinderbox which teased for Monday, and scheduling makes it impossible because of Wednesday at Open'er and Friday at Werchter), but they might be releasing a new batch regardless of AM. That didn't stop them when Frank Ocean was announced for Northside.

OMG, so much festival namedropping. I need Monday ASAP. 

7 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

in NOS Alive forum they just shared a picture of the instagram of the director of the festival teasing the day of tomorrow 9am

Slam Dunk, during the weekend prior to PS (but not really related to it in terms of genres), has been teasing for the same time as well.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Writing from Italy. Waiting for Monday as well as everyone, even though this will be my sixth consecutive PS, and the fifth where I have bought the ticket before the line up announcement. Pretty sure I'll be stoked as usual! All the AM discussion is interesting and fun (I don't really care if they are going to play though!). Has anyone any info about The Jesus Lizard instead? Any bassist brother said anything about it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Albinoss said:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. Writing from Italy. Waiting for Monday as well as everyone, even though this will be my sixth consecutive PS, and the fifth where I have bought the ticket before the line up announcement. Pretty sure I'll be stoked as usual! All the AM discussion is interesting and fun (I don't really care if they are going to play though!). Has anyone any info about The Jesus Lizard instead? Any bassist brother said anything about it? 

Welcome!

No official tour dates, but we're still looking for the bassist's brother. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Not sure why I got downvoted but alright... I was stating that it was a surprise as everyone was expecting AM

Wow, I hope no one seriously expected AM today!

I expect NIN to play a co-headline structure, just like with Jack White on Mad Cool. We'll see about that. 

As for today, I think we'll get more teasers throughout Europe and perhaps Panorama's poster drop, which could indicate another AM date in the US. 

Just now, Orens said:

Wow, I hope no one seriously expected AM today!

I expect NIN to play a co-headline structure, just like with Jack White on Mad Cool. We'll see about that. 

As for today, I think we'll get more teasers throughout Europe and perhaps Panorama's poster drop, which could indicate another AM date in the US. 

AM were expected for NOS Alive. They usually never tease any announcement and when they do it's huge. I'd have to say that NIN aren't that huge over here in Portugal... Arctic Monkeys sure are. The last time they teased an announcement was when they revealed Pearl Jam. That day, alone, sold out in less than 5 days.