Primavera 2018

Runnerups

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

With Primavera announcing on the same day that AM are supposedly dropping their European dates I wouldn't be surprised now if they're at Prima, too. Maybe that's why Mad Cool have Jack White co-headlining with them? So they have one exclusive headliner on that day?

Where is everyone getting the info that AM are announcing tour dates on Monday? As far as I can see that is literally just info pulled from rumours on forums

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I know Field Day have had licensing problems but they are crazy not to have thrown out some names by now.

Every day people are buying tickets to other events and it wasn’t a good idea to choose a weekend that competes with APE and Primavera.

Field Day is usually heavy on electronic/dance names, so I'd imagine it'll be the same this year. i don't think there'll be a big crossover with people into Cat Power and BSS in fairness.

I know the second day of Field Day usually had some names like that, and last year they had a few on the lineup, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're scrapping the guitar stuff, and just going with DJs completely. the 2nd day usually seemed like a bit of a side event.

Edited by ghostdancer1

4 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

I didn't realise beating up your girlfriend and choking her until she couldn't speak was being 'great character' :rolleyes:

(I know I'm probably on the wrong forum to slag off a post-punk idol but still)

Fair enough. Then again he was never convicted, no, so can we say that for sure?

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Field Day is usually heavy on electronic/dance names, so I'd imagine it'll be the same this year. i don't think there'll be a big crossover with people into Cat Power and BSS in fairness.

I know the second day of Field Day usually had some names like that, and last year they had a few on the lineup, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're scrapping the guitar stuff, and just going with DJs completely. the 2nd day usually seemed like a bit of a side event.

Yeah you're right. They should stick to electronica and do it better than anyone else and then they might be in with a chance of surviving. But I wouldn't bet on it. 

3 hours ago, boaboaboa said:

Who will we get from here that's not already rumoured? Cat Power? Public Service Broadcasting?

They really have flattened Field Day's chances, which could be on the eve of them announcing their line up

Future Islands won't be at Primavera. They've just announced a concert in Barcelona the 16th of July (after Mad Cool).

Edited by ABertran

34 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, they could nab the bands who are also playing Green Man and End of The Road and have Field Day at the end of the Summer. That way, no London competition.

Come on, please stop that off-topic conversations here. Every answer makes me kinda of nervous. ;)

Just now, slowdive said:

I really hope they will announce that. Otherwise it's going to be a very stressful day. :lol:

You all should expect it to happen in the morning (probably 10AM BCN time, like 2016-2017). Seems like a huge tour is about to be announced all over Europe, and those usually roll out in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Wouldn't it have been better for Arctic Monkeys not to have announced Firefly two weeks ago?

Seems like in doing so, they are minimising the effect of Monday's announcement (Worst Kept Secret would be a better name for that fest...).

Absolutely. Probably didn't have the same level of control/influence in America though