Primavera 2018

Runnerups

I saw AM on the way out to Primavera one year in Finsbury Park. It's a bit unfair to characterise their fans as Oasis lads on tour. They were more like Oasis fan's younger brothers who'd stayed on at school and then went to technical college.  

Booking them won't cause as many problems as the Radiohead booking, the only problem is that they're not a very exciting booking. Fine as a second tier band but not going Wow people as a headliner.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I'm coming round to the view that Arctic Monkeys are playing Mad Cool and not PS.

For one it is a better fit for them as everyone has said. But most of all because Gabi had originally said that he was hoping to release the poster in December. If one of his headliners was only planning to announce their tour much later, he wouldn't have been able to suggest that.

For the guy who wrote that St Vincent was 'definitely playing' only later to put it down to drunkenness, how do we know you weren't drunk again last night?

I agree.

I think its impossible to ignore the '0114' Instagram teaser that Mad Cool swiftly deleted. I know they released 14 new bands and a headliner, but there is no denying they knew what they were doing when they published those numbers. Its all a marketing ploy, im 99% sure after seeing that the AM will play Mad Cool, and just cant see them sharing a headliner with PS...but could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I saw AM on the way out to Primavera one year in Finsbury Park. It's a bit unfair to characterise their fans as Oasis lads on tour. They were more like Oasis fan's younger brothers who'd stayed on at school and then went to technical college.  

Booking them won't cause as many problems as the Radiohead booking, the only problem is that they're not a very exciting booking. Fine as a second tier band but not going Wow people as a headliner.

Sounds reassuring mate.

Got no problem with one act being a bit of a duff one as that still leaves 169 to see. The biggest problem is clashes and if they book AM that makes life easier on that front.

8 hours ago, Orens said:

It really is. I'm starting to believe they will play PS, but those people showing up and spreading AM rumors out of nowhere just crack me up.

Like, I know what I know and even I find DanLawless turning up hilarious. 

The bassist lives in LA, btw, and his brother lives in Newcastle. They both still have a lot of mates in Sheffield though (the Milburn lads, for one, who are their cousins)

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I must not be paying attention to their popularity but i can scarecely believe vampire weekend could (should) headline anything never mind a massive festival. Feels like they had one or two indie pop hits about 10 years ago :lol:

Yep pretty much!

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I must not be paying attention to their popularity but i can scarecely believe vampire weekend could (should) headline anything never mind a massive festival. Feels like they had one or two indie pop hits about 10 years ago :lol:

Yeah, that is how I feel about them. It'd be like, IDK, Noah and the Whale or The Bravery headlining.

5 minutes ago, Swanmob said:

Yep pretty much!

Totally agree with you.

I must have missed something because I could have sworn they were a middling band and yet some are getting excited them on social media as if they've dug up Syd Barrett and the original lineup of Pink Floyd are hitting the road. 

Edited by xxialac

4 minutes ago, alansdeepbath said:

Like, I know what I know and even I find DanLawless turning up hilarious. 

The bassist lives in LA, btw, and his brother lives in Newcastle. They both still have a lot of mates in Sheffield though (the Milburn lads, for one, who are their cousins)

Are you still confident they'll be announced for PS?

5 minutes ago, duckula said:

This is going to be a long week.

Yep. I've everything booked, can't wait til the speculation ends and I can just get tore into playlists of the bands I don't know.

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Screenshot_20180124-114856.jpg

He has a nice sense of humor. 

I love how he keeps pushing this topic even how is controversial in Spain and gets massive crazy replies from Spanish people who say they will never attend the festival again :)

Edited by Parcas

Just now, Chinaski_ said:

Where would they fit? The line up's pretty stacked already, unless they're not headlining. 

Headlining next to Jack White

But don't worry about it

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I am won around to the idea that AM will be playing. Oh well. At least it's not Oasis.