Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

This is from the guy who said that Phoenix and St Vincent were 'definitely playing'

I just found it strange they both were in order on the list of following on the primavera Twitter. As I previously explained, a drunken tweet I sent, with regards to what to me was a list of bands they followed. Either way, Arctics are playing. I live and run a pub in Sheffield and Sheffield is a very small city so everyone hears everything

2 minutes ago, DanLawless said:

I just found it strange they both were in order on the list of following on the primavera Twitter. As I previously explained, a drunken tweet I sent, with regards to what to me was a list of bands they followed. Either way, Arctics are playing. I live and run a pub in Sheffield and Sheffield is a very small city so everyone hears everything

And what did you hear? In particular? That's not enough info for us to believe you right away and you know that

6 minutes ago, DanLawless said:

Sheffield has 500k of population, it´s not a small city, And where did you hear that rumour? Some guy on street said to you "Hey man, I heard our beloved band the Arctics are playing Primavera". That´s hillarious. By the way, are they playing NOS Alive? I live in Portugal and want to know that, although with all respect I can´t believe you.

Edited by maksym26
  • Upvote 1

Just now, maksym26 said:

Sheffield has 500k of population, it´s not a small city, And where did you hear that rumour? Some guy on street said to you "Hey man, I heard our beloved band the Arctics are playing Primavera". That´s hillarious. By the way, are they playing NOS Alive? I live in Portugal and want to know that, although with all respect I can´t believe you.

It does have a big population bit when you live here if you are in the trade I am in it is essentially a village. I asked due my attendanceat primavera, nothing more to it, answer I received was yes. Just passing on info

1 minute ago, DanLawless said:

It does have a big population bit when you live here if you are in the trade I am in it is essentially a village. I asked due my attendanceat primavera, nothing more to it, answer I received was yes. Just passing on info

Do you have any other info about them? Like new album release date or something like that?

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

That doesn't tell me much... I wonder how that info went from mouth to mouth AND why people from Sheffield would even care about AM playing in spain, in the first place. But whatevs, we'll see

I "care" because it's thee only festival pi really enjoy and go to every year and I heard it was a possibility so I asked the question 

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Why the heck not? Have you bought your ticket already, anyways? You do seem so sure about how reliable the info you got is

Mainly because I'm not that bothered and was out with friends of his. I'm not a huge Arctics fan. Favourite band is The National so as I say wasn't going into great detail 

11 hours ago, Orens said:

Nothing on both magazines over the past week, that's the most recent source I got:

EZRA SAID VAMPIRE WEEKEND IS GOING ON TOUR NEXT YEAR IN THE LAST EPISODE OF TIME CRISIS

And he wasn't very specific about touring.

Of course, that could change next week but I find the AM scenario sounds much more reasonable.

Vampire Weekend has been confirmed to headline Lollapalooza by a Lolla insider. No idea if that would connect to Prima but they're definitely touring this year. 

18 minutes ago, fartnugget said:

Vampire Weekend has been confirmed to headline Lollapalooza by a Lolla insider. No idea if that would connect to Prima but they're definitely touring this year. 

They might kick off their comeback tour at Primavera Sound before headlining Lolla, just like Arcade Fire did last year. It depends on the schedule of Vampire Weekend (AF were planning to release their latest album before PS but it was delayed). It's really hard to tell.

The Panorama poster is rumored to be released tomorrow. The first two editions shared at least one headliner with PS, so we might see something like that happen as well. Perhaps Vampire Weekend will pop up there, who knows at this point?

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever announced their tour yesterday:

http://www.rollingblackoutsband.com/

They've listed all of the European dates until the 31st of of May. I think they would be a great undercard for this year's lineup. They are also working on the new material, so if we're getting any of sub pop's band this year this has to be the one.

6 hours ago, maksym26 said:

This is the funniest Primavera forum ever, I mean everyone knows a guy that knows a guy that knows who´ll play at the festival. I´ll be laughing so loud when the line up will be released and there will be no Arctic Monkeys at all.  

I'm coming round to the view that Arctic Monkeys are playing Mad Cool and not PS.

For one it is a better fit for them as everyone has said. But most of all because Gabi had originally said that he was hoping to release the poster in December. If one of his headliners was only planning to announce their tour much later, he wouldn't have been able to suggest that.

For the guy who wrote that St Vincent was 'definitely playing' only later to put it down to drunkenness, how do we know you weren't drunk again last night?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I'm coming round to the view that Arctic Monkeys are playing Mad Cool and not PS.

For one it is a better fit for them as everyone has said. But most of all because Gabi had originally said that he was hoping to release the poster in December. If one of his headliners was only planning to announce their tour much later, he wouldn't have been able to suggest that.

For the guy who wrote that St Vincent was 'definitely playing' only later to put it down to drunkenness, how do we know you weren't drunk again last night?

What if a band cancelled, thus the postponing of the announcement, and they got AM as a replacement?