Primavera 2018

Runnerups

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No chance Iha abandons band in the middle of a tour. After June 14 anything is possible but won't be in time for Primavera.

July 1st is when APC finish touring, I believe. Smashing Pumpkins can plausibly still start touring in the summer after that tho. But yeah, Iha's not just leaving A Perfect Circle mid-tour, he's been part of the setup there about as long as he's been a Pumpkin and has probably enjoyed it a bit more as well.

Just now, brayshizzle said:

Could he not do both. APC only have the  one Germany gig between the 25th and 5th

Rock am Ring and Rock im Park between 1st and 3rd June. It doesn't seem terribly likely, especially given it'd likely be his first full gig with TSP for almost twenty years.

12 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

D Arcy confirmed she won't be part of the smashing pumpkins . She said they are touring the summer. 

My guess Iha leaves APC and tours with pumpkins

I'm gonna say they are on the lineup 

Wasn't the Chamberlin part of the shit show a few years back at Reading.

So its only one additional person from that?.

Meh. It should have D Arcy in it or nothing.

2 minutes ago, jonnyx said:

Wasn't the Chamberlin part of the shit show a few years back at Reading.

So its only one additional person from that?.

Meh. It should have D Arcy in it or nothing.

It's not like D'arcy is majorly important, except for nostalgia reasons. Plus there may be a good reason why she's not in. 

I always find it weird which band members people consider important or not important to it being a 'proper' line up. The Pumpkins always get a lot of stick for it being just Billy and a bunch of hired hands, but then you get a band like Queens of the Stone Age who's only original member is Josh Homme and no one bats an eye lid.

The funny thing is Billy played all of D'arcy's parts (and probably most of James' parts) on any of the big albums. If D'arcy isn't in, it's probably because she'd stink up the joint with her performance.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Remind me why you are appear sure that AM are playing Primavera.

Is this just rumour or is there any substance behind it?

The AM tour was rumored to be announced on Monday, supposedly next Monday. Please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't read it myself: hat Bar Tool guy, the Mad Cool CM, was asked if the hinted MC headliners were exclusive to Spain (last year all headliners were announced as exclusive). He declined to comment on that.

Of course, Gabi declined to answer on Arctic Monkeys for a couple of years but this year he did answer, as Alex Turner played there with The Last Shadow Puppets and enjoyed it, etc. Something did change.

With Kendrick out and Primavera holding for so long, I guess it makes sense in some way.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

I always find it weird which band members people consider important or not important to it being a 'proper' line up. The Pumpkins always get a lot of stick for it being just Billy and a bunch of hired hands, but then you get a band like Queens of the Stone Age who's only original member is Josh Homme and no one bats an eye lid.

The funny thing is Billy played all of D'arcy's parts (and probably most of James' parts) on any of the big albums. If D'arcy isn't in, it's probably because she'd stink up the joint with her performance.

Double standards I guess. People just hate Billy too. 

8 minutes ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Why are you all assuming that there is something bigger? Any 4 of Bjork, the National, Nick Cave, Beck, Lorde and Yeah Yeah Yeahs would be about the same size as previous headliners. With the exception of Radiohead, I guess.

Don't they always announce the line up at the end of January anyway? Not sure why people think they're holding back until AM announce. 

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

(Maybe until recently) Josh has always come across as a nice guy who makes jokes and doesn't have many bad words to say about people and has loads of famous mates. Billy is a pretentious prick, let's face it, and it's an easy story to believe that this up-himself dictator kicked everyone else out of the band and that's why they're not as popular or good anymore. I imagine a lot of folk don't really know about Billy redoing the parts of other members, but it might not work to erase that image anyway.

I would much rather continue having Billy, Jimmy and some no-marks but if this 'reunion' opens doors that were once closed, gets them good billings at proper music festivals and playing extensive tours then I'm all for it.

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I’m not expecting her back so soon, though there’s nothing to rule her out. I think she has UK gigs on the Saturday and Sunday so I guess it’s Thursday or nothing.

And Heartland festival on Denmark, either Thursday or Friday.