Primavera 2018

Runnerups

24 minutes ago, puckno said:

Forgive me for not being fully updated, but much of the lineup were shown to the 10 invitees? I´ve heard 30% been mentioned, is that correct? Do we know if they got to know all the headliners?

Yes, 30% according to this article in a respected Barcelona newspaper. Doesn't really matter much now, we'll all have 100% in a week's time.

http://www.lavanguardia.com/economia/management/20180103/434048163553/claves-campana-primavera-sound.html

21 minutes ago, puckno said:

Forgive me for not being fully updated, but much of the lineup were shown to the 10 invitees? I´ve heard 30% been mentioned, is that correct? Do we know if they got to know all the headliners?

You're right, I think. Doesn't seem that they saw the whole lineup according to a press report.

The only point I'm making is that for those people who believe the excited faces are evidence of having seen a really big surprise name (like McCartney), the fact that there have been no leaks suggests this is not the case. 

Unless ironically that there a really big surprise name and the ten weren't shown it was too sensitive to release!

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

You're right, I think. Doesn't seem that they saw the whole lineup according to a press report.

The only point I'm making is that for those people who believe the excited faces are evidence of having seen a really big surprise name (like McCartney), the fact that there have been no leaks suggests this is not the case. 

Unless ironically that there a really big surprise name and the ten weren't shown it was too sensitive to release!

From the small sample of people, I have been going to primavera with for the last 10 years or so if they saw McCartney/Manu Chao on the lineup their reaction would be more of disbelief and disappointment.

Really those two make sense on a festival like Cruilla that is also in The forum but make not a lot of sense in Primavera.

But then again that is just a small sample, I would hate it but I am most times wrong. 

At this point, I Wonder if you are just Trolling with the names you put.

13 minutes ago, Parcas said:

From the small sample of people, I have been going to primavera with for the last 10 years or so if they saw McCartney/Manu Chao on the lineup their reaction would be more of disbelief and disappointment.

Really those two make sense on a festival like Cruilla that is also in The forum but make not a lot of sense in Primavera.

But then again that is just a small sample, I would hate it but I am most times wrong. 

At this point, I Wonder if you are just Trolling with the names you put.

I think the suggestion that you know 'people' who would find Paul McCartney at Primavera a disappointment is the biggest indication that alien lifeforms have reached Earth in this decade. Expect a visit from the men in black. :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I think the suggestion that you know 'people' who would find Paul McCartney at Primavera a disappointment is the biggest indication that alien lifeforms have reached Earth in this decade. Expect a visit from the men in black. :P

He's rubbish. I've heard that all is does is covers of an old band called the Beatles.

47 minutes ago, xxialac said:

He's rubbish. I've heard that all is does is covers of an old band called the Beatles.

At Rock Werchter 2016 he was more than fantastic. I've never been a fan of Macca nor the Beatles, but he's incredible. He even made me cry (and not a lot of band achieved to do that on me!). He plays solo stuff, things of the Beatles and the Wings, and it's amazing. It's actually the perfect act for a festival, and everyone's loving the moment. We danced with a 70 years old man who seemed to be having one of the times of his life. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

At Rock Werchter 2016 he was more than fantastic. I've never been a fan of Macca nor the Beatles, but he's incredible. He even made me cry (and not a lot of band achieved to do that on me!). He plays solo stuff, things of the Beatles and the Wings, and it's amazing. It's actually the perfect act for a festival, and everyone's loving the moment. We danced with a 70 years old man who seemed to be having one of the times of his life. 

I was joking. 

22 minutes ago, Orens said:

Flow just announced Kendrick

IMG_20180122_110012.jpg

Edit: also announced for Oya and Way Out West, he's definitely touring in August.

Nice little line-up that...

The new dance stage they're putting on the beach... Will this be an addition to the live stage that appeared last year? if so, I wonder if it will be larger, attracting bigger electronic live acts?

22 minutes ago, Orens said:

The other acts in the top5 are playing in PS weekend, and supposedly available. He might be one of those acts they've been waiting for.

But I guess you're talking about Sziget, not PS, so we'll see. 

Yeah but if it's about Kendrick why wait one more week?

I think he won't be at primavera! If anything, AM is more likely

3 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Nice little line-up that...

The new dance stage they're putting on the beach... Will this be an addition to the live stage that appeared last year? if so, I wonder if it will be larger, attracting bigger electronic live acts?

The new stage on the beach is for non-dance. If I understood, they're moving the daytime gigs from the parks/CCCB to this stage within the Forum.

Whilst I still miss the park gigs, this seems more convenient and a more relaxed a setting than in town. Plus a chance to get some sun.

6 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Yeah but if it's about Kendrick why wait one more week?

I think he won't be at primavera! If anything, AM is more likely

Maybe the long (which actually isn't that long but quite normal for Primavera) wait isn't because of a headliner but because of the promo video that took a long time to make, or some smaller bands that weren't 100% booked or some cancellations that they wanted to find replacements for or ...