Primavera 2018

Runnerups

Chromatics are appearing on a lot of these fake posters - have we any reason to expect they will be there? As far as I can see they do not have any tour dates for 2018. Also, does anyone know what the final ticket price will be once the lineup is announced?

The above lineup would be great but too many acts I can't see appearing on it.

23 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Chromatics are appearing on a lot of these fake posters - have we any reason to expect they will be there? As far as I can see they do not have any tour dates for 2018. Also, does anyone know what the final ticket price will be once the lineup is announced?

Not sure about the one above but the one that was posted a couple of pages was made just after last years festival and there was still some hope that Dear Tommy might actually be released by this summer then. As you say, there’s no sign of them announcing anything soon.

• Upvote 1

Putting aside the fake video, we did get some important info today- Arctic Monkeys will be in the US on mid June.

Now, assuming FireFly is not big enough to worth a flight to the US on the middle of an European tour, I assume the European tour will either start after that (which means MadCool, Werchter, NOS alive and TRNSMT) or end before (Primavera, APE).

Sadly, after makes more sense.

So probably no AM for us. We all knew that yesterday, just the fake movie rose our hopes up for nothing 

3 hours ago, LeFreak said:

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Not sure about the one above but the one that was posted a couple of pages was made just after last years festival and there was still some hope that Dear Tommy might actually be released by this summer then. As you say, there’s no sign of them announcing anything soon.

I don't see a Chromatics tour happening this year taking into account Jonny Jewel released a single yesterday as well as announcing a new LP, but who knows... 

Edited by Albert.EA

48 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

Putting aside the fake video, we did get some important info today- Arctic Monkeys will be in the US on mid June.

Now, assuming FireFly is not big enough to worth a flight to the US on the middle of an European tour, I assume the European tour will either start after that (which means MadCool, Werchter, NOS alive and TRNSMT) or end before (Primavera, APE).

Sadly, after makes more sense.

So probably no AM for us. We all knew that yesterday, just the fake movie rose our hopes up for nothing 

If they are touring the US earlier it's strange they've not been announced for any other festivals like Coachella, Shaky Knees or Governors Ball or to tour the country without playing any of them. Maybe the new album is out in June and they're over in America promoting it the same time as the festival?  

Edited by addicted2noise
bad grammar

26 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

If they are touring the US earlier it's strange they've not been announced for any other festivals like Coachella, Shaky Knees or Governors Ball or to tour the country without playing any of them. Maybe the new album is out in June and they're over in America promoting it the same time as the festival?  

This is weird. This is not a festival big enough to announce the return of a band of this scale. I know it's well known they are back, but there's still something about first announcement.

Plus what you say about other festivals, something just doesn't add up

Frank Ocean was due to play his first gig in years at Hangout then ended up playing it at Northside.

Neither was exactly a big deal, festival-wise for someone of his reputation.

That said, still think something is fishy about today's 'fake' announcement. What kind of twisted mind would invent them playing at Waterloo Bridge tomorrow?

36 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Frank Ocean was due to play his first gig in years at Hangout then ended up playing it at Northside.

That said, still think something is fishy about today's 'fake' announcement. What kind of twisted mind would invent them playing at Waterloo Bridge tomorrow?

Probably a guy from the UK who wanted to cause a panic as soon as possible. Someone sad enough to make this would probably be sat there pissing themselves at a bunch of people turning up to a location in London expecting an Arctic Monkeys gig or something.

7 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Probably a guy from the UK who wanted to cause a panic as soon as possible. Someone sad enough to make this would probably be sat there pissing themselves at a bunch of people turning up to a location in London expecting an Arctic Monkeys gig or something.

Arctic Monkeys are popular but are not really the sort of band that generates  hardcore fandom where someone would go out their way to create a fake video, I think it's more likely the video was real and they messed up the release of it.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

Arctic Monkeys are popular but are not really the sort of band that generates  hardcore fandom where someone would go out their way to create a fake video, I think it's more likely the video was real and they messed up the release of it.

care to give a reason for why it would include a USA date and a bunch of Europe dates, but not the UK dates?

That's the part which doesn't make sense.

Along with that, there's nothing cryptic about what's in the vid, it's as-good-as-an-announcement ... and yet it contains the USA date which was announced all by itself, which makes it impossible to be a mis-timed cock-up.

There's too much that's too erratic about it. it's defo a fake.

And people knock up fakes all the time. They'll be sat there laughing.

1 hour ago, addicted2noise said:

LOL, have you met hardcore am fans? It only takes one to make a video.

They also either haven't released an album or toured for years.

10 hours ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

This is weird. This is not a festival big enough to announce the return of a band of this scale. I know it's well known they are back, but there's still something about first announcement.

Plus what you say about other festivals, something just doesn't add up

I agree, and have to admit I've never heard of Firefly before yesterday...

On reflection, I'm not thinking they'll play Primavera, though I believe Gabi was asked on one of his FB live chats, and he did reply regarding them playing... Who knows?

I may sound like a broken record, but I'm still unsure about Primavera currently. I understand they are tentative to announce the line up, and want it to be 100% confirmed, but what really are they waiting for? The bands that are almost confirmed to play, are playing every festival going this summer, if the surprise in Kendrick, he's already been announced for  another festival in Europe, the undercard books itself etc.

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

This bit doesn't feel that unlikely - off the top of my head, Julian Casablancas played at House of Vans before an album launch (tiny venue) with <24 hours notice, Beck did the same somewhere in South London with his new album. 

The thing that makes me think Arctics are probably playing is the reaction of the people who have seen the lineup in the videos. I think Arctics playing would generate that sort of response, whereas none of the other rumoured/basically confirmed would. 

Also, Alex seemed to love it when LSP played a few years ago. 

17 minutes ago, smwatson said:

This bit doesn't feel that unlikely - off the top of my head, Julian Casablancas played at House of Vans before an album launch (tiny venue) with <24 hours notice, Beck did the same somewhere in South London with his new album. 

The thing that makes me think Arctics are probably playing is the reaction of the people who have seen the lineup in the videos. I think Arctics playing would generate that sort of response, whereas none of the other rumoured/basically confirmed would. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

some serious delusion over the last few pages.

they haven't been gone away for 15 years FFS, they played their last gig just over 3 years ago,  a completely normal amount of time for any band between albums....

Edited by ghostdancer1

25 minutes ago, smwatson said:

Those are die-hard Primavera Sound freaks.

This is the festival where they are selling extra tickets for two The Magnetic Fields Shows and the stage is overcrowded when Seu Jorge is playing.

So no, I don't think so.

Edited by Createur
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, smwatson said:

The video response is a total red herring. The camera is pointing your way, you're being filmed to be posted on the internet for all to see, you've been wined, dined and flown in and put up in a hotel.

Everybody is now hanging on your reaction. Of course you are going to exaggerate your emotions.

1 hour ago, Createur said:

Those are die-hard Primavera Sound freaks.

This is the festival where they are selling extra tickets for two The Magnetic Fields Shows and the stage is overcrowded when Seu Jorge is playing.

So no, I don't think so.

Totally agree. As has been said before, the reactions of fans in the video is in no way an indicator of the 'quality' of the lineup. Firstly, that's completely subjective. Secondly, it's a promotional video! The participants will have been asked and primed to react in a  certain way. The fact they received a free weekend in Barcelona would make them pretty amenable to doing whatever they are asked...

I do think however, to raise expectations in this way, Gabi must be pretty confident of the lineup they will eventually release. If when they release, it's a bit of a damp squib, then they are going to look pretty foolish

Edited by MickeyJJ

PS could have X band booked - and then looked through the applicants to see who is a fan of X band - knowing they will be excited.

There are lots of smaller bands that I would be pumped for; so you are right it isn't necessarily Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk or David Bowie