Primavera 2018

Runnerups

5 hours ago, Orens said:

Seems like a partial Field Day leak? Minus Dr. John Cooper Clarke. 

Could also mean they are announcing soon. 

http://fielddayfestivals.com/category/live-acts

Link posted earlier today

Edit: to make things easier: it lists Mount Kimbie, Thundercat, Princess Nokia, Nils Frahm, Dr. John Cooper Clarke. It appears to be an early draft of the line-up page.

Edited by StupidDream
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Car Seat Headrest has announced some European gigs in the run up to Primavera with no Spanish date so I guess he’s nailed on.

They played at 2016, might be too soon to come back (although they were much smaller then).

I'd sure hope so, they were great at PS16

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

Not entirely comfortable disclosing how I know this but all the below may announce shows in the UK over/around the festival, if they haven't already. 

Beck, Beth Ditto, Christine & The Queens, Young Thug, Machine Head, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Wedding Present, Sparks, Public Enemy, Broken Social Scene 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Not entirely comfortable disclosing how I know this but all the below may announce shows in the UK over/around the festival, if they haven't already. 

Beck, Beth Ditto, Christine & The Queens, Young Thug, Machine Head, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Wedding Present, Sparks, Public Enemy, Broken Social Scene 

Great work!! 

I'd bloody love for Public Enemy to play ITANOMTHUS.

Also for Broken Social Scene to come back (not that it will happen), given their performance clashed with the Arcade Fire secret show.

1 hour ago, MickeyJJ said:

Any chance of sharing the list? 

I just searched "Primavera Sound" on twitter and it gave some top hits...

12 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

Machine Head, wowzers that would be a turn out for Primavera \m/ Edit: Playing in Barcelona in April

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.42.43 pm.png

Edited by boaboaboa
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MickeyJJ said:

You're assuming that, you don't know that. 

???

It's not assuming. Twitter is publicly accessible so you can check for yourself their recent followers and those names aren't among them (and if you were referring to the other thing, St Vincent is at nearby Vida festival in June)

Edited by xxialac
edit

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Again that twitter list appears to be fake (and for one thing, St Vincent isn't playing) 

For what it's worth the the list I put up. The screenshot is genuine. Whether or not they were actually followed that day I'm not 100% thinking about it. It's just I've noticed on people I have followed for a while when you click on followers and following it is gently in date order

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why would it be titled 'followed today, definitely playing' if it in fact wasn't 'followed today'?  And as all of those artists have been scheduled to play Primavera in past years, it is the timing that they are added that is absolutely critical in determining whether it is relevant.

I made took those screenshots  when I was out drinking and got excited. I've done another screenshot in the last 5 mins and the order is still the same. A lot of those have been talked about in recent weeks and I just found it to coincidental for them to be in a list together so soon to an expected announcement. Either way the screenshot wasn't faked 

Screenshot_20180109-173232.png

Screenshot_20180109-173238.png

• Downvote 1