Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Huh I like that line up. Also I think it’s more balanced than Coachella, as in the alternative acts will actually get something of a crowd unlike Coachella where most people will be there for charts bops.

One major problem with Gov Ball is that is has only 1/3 of the acts of Coachella and Primavera. 

At any one time there's only a max choice of two bands.

It's like Primavera Sound's smaller brother in Porto only with a much weaker lineup and joke prices.

• Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah I have the same problem. The only acts on there that I was expecting to play Primavera are Jack White, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Sylvan Esso, Alvvays and Moses Sumney but I guess they're all pretty unlikely now.

Same here... I imagine there is still a chance they'll play though, Thursday acts at Prima and Sunday at Gov Ball? If YYY's don't play I'll be very shocked.

I am worrying slightly though... Maybe they're doing a Field Day and not announcing anything because, ummmm, they've got a poor line up? Mad Cool trumped them out of the race?

2 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

Same here... I imagine there is still a chance they'll play though, Thursday acts at Prima and Sunday at Gov Ball? If YYY's don't play I'll be very shocked.

I am worrying slightly though... Maybe they're doing a Field Day and not announcing anything because, ummmm, they've got a poor line up? Mad Cool trumped them out of the race?

You know that this is not true. ;)

PS: I don't think YYYs are flying over solely for an All points East-Show.

1 minute ago, Createur said:

You know that this is not true. ;)

PS: I don't think YYYs are flying over solely for an All points East-Show.

Yeah, agreed. It sounds like they had the lineup pretty much sorted earlier than it ever had been in the past. That doesn't sound like a festival struggling for names.

Local Natives, Stormzy, MacDeMarco, Skepta played both GB and Primavera.

If the headliners were all poor (unlikely), I'd still be happy as the smaller acts are always impeccably curated.

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, agreed. It sounds like they had the lineup pretty much sorted earlier than it ever had been in the past. That doesn't sound like a festival struggling for names.

Local Natives, Stormzy, MacDeMarco, Skepta played both GB and Primavera.

If the headliners were all poor (unlikely), I'd still be happy as the smaller acts are always impeccably curated.

Stormzy has never played PS, but Skepta played Saturday (actually Sunday) at 2AM Barcelona time before playing Sunday at 4:30PM New York time.

1 hour ago, boaboaboa said:

Does this rule Sylvan Esso and YYY's out of Prima? Thought they we're dead cert's?

1 hour ago, ZXCVBNM said:

Damnit, I was really hoping Kelela and DRAM would play Primavera. 

no reason they won't, although it's a lot less likely.

loads of time to play PS on Thurs/Fri and play in NYC on Sat/Sun.

Caribou played in Dublin 2 years ago on Saturday evening, and then in LA on Sunday evening.

Kendrick played UK/Europe (can't remember which) 2 years ago, and in LA the next day.

plenty of others have done similar in the past.

they could even fly on the actual day, as you only lose 2.5hrs with the flight time/time difference (eg. fly from BCN at 10am, arrive in NYC at 12:30pm local time).

Edited by ghostdancer1

55 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Caribou played in Dublin 2 years ago on Saturday evening, and then in LA on Sunday evening.

Kendrick played UK/Europe (can't remember which) 2 years ago, and in LA the next day.

plenty of others have done similar in the past.

This puts me at ease a bit for a big act like YYY's, should be feasible.

Still no real idea (apart from the obvious) who Prima will bring... I hope they book another big metal act like Slayer last year, no insight as to who it would be from any of those US line ups.

4 minutes ago, boaboaboa said:

This puts me at ease a bit for a big act like YYY's, should be feasible.

Still no real idea (apart from the obvious) who Prima will bring... I hope they book another big metal act like Slayer last year, no insight as to who it would be from any of those US line ups.

Mastodon

18 minutes ago, Boss89 said:

Mastodon

That's what I've been thinking. Initially I thought it could be Meshuggah, but they're elsewhere on the dates. I also think Deftones are a potential too. Deafheaven (new album this year apparently)/ Wolves In The Throne Room are due an appearance too. Converge played last year, which is a shame as their new record is a banger.

Similiar vibe, Thursday are playing Slam Dunk and would fit the Prima sound, and I think someone mentioned Turnover are in Europe around that time too, seem like a good fit.

Demarco played on Friday at Barcelona, travelled to NY and played there on Sunday. 

Skepta, on the other hand, played Primavera on Sunday at 2am and Governors on Sunday at 4pm.

Therefore, Jack White and YYYs can play Primavera. Unlikely, but possible.

The Spanish website wake and listen posted these names as rumours today (most of which have already been discussed) . They also say we are a 'few' days before the announcement...albeit Gabi did originally say mid-January and is a more reliable source.

-Grizzly Bear

-Girlpool

-Tyler, The Creator

-The Lemon Twigs

-Yeah Yeah Yeahs

-(Sandy) Alex G

-Hazel English

-Perfume Genius

-Deerhunter

-Mura Masa

-Lorde

-Mogwai

-Vagabon

-Beach Fossils

-Waxahatchee

Nobody on that Governors Ball lineup that I will miss too much, would have liked to see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Chrvches but won't cry about it if both don't make Primavera. There are a good few on the Coachella line up that I'd love to see play. Jamiroquai, HAIM, Soulwax, Jean Michel Jarre,  Chic, Chromeo, Sigrid would all be welcome additions outside of the normal names thrown around. I was convinced we would get a surprise hence the delay in the announcement but not so sure now, stumped as to who it would be anyway.

How long are we thinking before it's announced? I'm thinking by next Friday there will have been an announcement.