Primavera 2018

Runnerups

6 minutes ago, puckno said:

According to CoS Eminem, Beyoncé, and The Weeknd will headline Coachella. My guess is that Solange have put in a good word with her sister and we will see Beyonce at Primavera this year. Thats why them women cried in the video...

I hope that wrong. would be much better for me without any of the three (Don't mind the weeknd, but headlining, really?? he's not that big)

Edited by JedTheHumanoid

I know a lot of especially females that listen a lot to indie but still is very much fan of Beyonce. It would make sense to have her on Primavera. The wait for mid January then would also make sense because Coachella is excepted to announce early January and probably have reserved the rights to be first mover on Beyonce for the lineup.

8 minutes ago, JC-NYC said:

yeah, pretty much.

Beyonce is huge, not my cup of tea but I can see her headlining big festivals, but the other two? Eminem is a big has-been, not really relevant in the past decade of so, and the weeknd seems way too small to headline coachella.

What a drop from having Kendrick and Radiohead last year 

11 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

yeah, pretty much.

Beyonce is huge, not my cup of tea but I can see her headlining big festivals, but the other two? Eminem is a big has-been, not really relevant in the past decade of so, and the weeknd seems way too small to headline coachella.

What a drop from having Kendrick and Radiohead last year 

The Weeknd is definitely big enough in America. He's already closed the Coachella main stage after Jack White (to a reportedly bigger crowd), headlined quite a few of the other major festivals out there and, by the looks of how fast his tickets move, he'll be moving up to headliner over here in the UK soon as well. 

The biggest issue is that it's just kind of a poor variety. I know rock doesn't play as well in US live circuits as it used to but a little something instead of Eminem wouldn't have gone amiss.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, puckno said:

According to CoS Eminem, Beyoncé, and The Weeknd will headline Coachella. My guess is that Solange have put in a good word with her sister and we will see Beyonce at Primavera this year. Thats why them women cried in the video...

Why would Beyoncé provoke such reactions?

The reactions seem relating to a much awaited artist/band. 

• Downvote 1

Jack White could be in, because they wanted him for a long time and he is touring europe next summer

Frank Ocean coud be in, because in a live chat mid september, Gabi was telling that it would be a risk of booking him again, due to circumstances this year, but that they still want him

Daft Punk, was never excluded in any chat of Gabi, he even gave hints about an upcoming tour with surprises, so the DP option is still alive

Neil Young is possible too, as he has plans for an new album and a tour next year

1 minute ago, Ecco said:

Jack White could be in, because they wanted him for a long time and he is touring europe next summer

Frank Ocean coud be in, because in a live chat mid september, Gabi was telling that it would be a risk of booking him again, due to circumstances this year, but that they still want him

Daft Punk, was never excluded in any chat of Gabi, he even gave hints about an upcoming tour with surprises, so the DP option is still alive

Neil Young is possible too, as he has plans for an new album and a tour next year

Gabi has ruled out both Frank Ocean and Neil Young (has claimed last week his tour is delayed at the moment, he doesn't know when he'll return to Spain).

12 minutes ago, Ecco said:

He said that Daft Punk want to do something new and surprising with their new tour and that they’re waiting for the inspiration for that tour to come to them. Doesn’t sound like he’s talking about a band he’s booked, nor does it sound like a band that is likely to be booked anywhere in the next few years.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

What are people's thoughts on Phoenix playing? Just remembered they're around and are an obvious fit but I've not really been predicting them mainly due to expecting other acts more.

I'm hoping they won't headline, in 2013 they did headline but last year subbed The Killers in BBK.

41 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'm hoping they won't headline, in 2013 they did headline but last year subbed The Killers in BBK.

I don't think they'll headline.

We already know we probably have Nick Cave and Bjork which are bigger, and the national which I'll say are about the same (probably bigger in the US, not sure about Europe).

And we have few other potential headliners there are rumurs about which will be above them if they'll come: Beck, Jack White, Kendrick, AM or Thom Yorke 

I'd sure hope they'll play though

Edit: BTW, in the all points east festival YYY are listed above them on the same day (which is weird to me I might add). And also Lorde can be added to the list of artists above them

Edited by JedTheHumanoid